1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Wahlberg's Massive Arms

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Bob99, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Bob99

Bob99 Active Member

2. woodan

woodan Active Member

Crazy, it's almost like this guy:

[​IMG]

3. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call them "too big". I call them motivation.

#3 carguy, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  4. Matthieu

Matthieu Active Member

What the hell is that ??!!!

5. woodan

woodan Active Member

Synthol

6. Matthieu

Matthieu Active Member

What is it ??

7. Matthieu

Matthieu Active Member

#7 Matthieu, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  8. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Mark E. Mark needs some grip and chest work... He looks disproportionate to me, also.

9. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

He's a great actor, his music sucked hard, and he did Calvin Klein ads for his midsection and chest, but remember those models are like 155-170 max , so they are quite small. He is only like 5'7" tall, so his arms are going to look a bit bigger than someone of that stature who never trains, but he's far from what I consider buff and having guns.

Then again he's a millionaire with movies galore, I'd trade that for my 20+ arms anyday!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

~SC~

10. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

He looks unbalanced.

11. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

Sarcasm noted ;)

Saving my pennies to send to you, SC!

12. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, the pics do look a little odd. I wouldn't call his arms "massive" by any stretch, his upper arm does like large relative to his small shoulders, traps, forearms, and chest. Kind of reminds me of this guy I used to see on bb.com....He basically did curls and tricep extensions and nothing else. He had 17inch arms, but the rest of his body looked like Horseshack.

13. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

Hey What's wrong with being 5'7"???????????:mad: :lol:

14. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Like a number of people these days, he might be using steroids and etc. But I have seen his arms for years and they and the rest of him is sure better than the average bear. The more I read about him, the more I like him and I can't say that for 9 out of 10 actors today.:cool:

15. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

I don't see any development of Mr. Wahlberg that would be indicative of him using anabolics of any kind.

I see people in my gym who are totally natural who have bigger arms, and better overall physiques. For Hollywood and the "general ladies" who are his fans and want to sleep w/him, his abs and arms to them are heaven-sent, and oh yeah............he's a Hollywood Millionaire too which
    probably adds to the attraction.

I ponder what it would be like to be on t.v./movies/talk shows/etc.,myself and be "famous" with 1000's of fans, and show up to those events dressed as I am in my avatar or in my signature banner. I bet I'd get more attention in the body department for sure, even though his acting is pretty damn hard to beat as he's very good @ his profession and I enjoy his films. I think he has it made, once living in his brother's shadow, now casting one 10 times bigger upon his older brother.

~SC~

16. Avanti

Avanti Well-Known Member

Mark Wahlbergs look in those famous CK ads is my current goal. I even own his workout video, which I am not ashamed to say is quite good! :tucool:

[​IMG]

17. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Well he actually looks a lot like my brother the powerlifter in that picture. Except for the dinky legs.

18. odin1642

odin1642 Active Member

I remember it was in the days back in the early 90s as the woeful Marky Mark (and let's not forget to give an honourable mention to his sidekicks, the Funky Bunch) that he used to forever parade around with his top off. I think he was only about 20 then and had a very impressive musculature for someone that age. I suspect that unless he was blessed with the genes of a world class sprinter bristling with fast twitch muscle fibres that he had used steroids to achieve such a physique by that age. I don't kniw what his physique is like now cos mercifully as he's now a serious actor he tends to keep his top on.

I would guess that steroid use is fairly common in the celebrity world with film stars and pop stars and so on, particularly with those actors who seem to buff up for film roles incredibly quickly. I think when there's millions of dollars, your image and careers at stake, the temptation to take shortcuts is going to be high. They say you can easily make 3 years of natural progress in 6 months on roids so the temptation is obviously going to be there.

19. Big_D

Big_D Active Member

I would disagree that one would need the genes of a world class sprinter or steroids to look like that by age 20. That physique can be accomplished by good diet, decent genetics, and consistency.

20. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

When he was locked up they say he took to the weights seriously.
    Nothing like all the time in the world to work on your physique.

Then he got out and started the modeling.