1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

March 2009 TSM: Guava

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Mar 1, 2009.

1. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

It also helps that I'm about in the middle of the "healthy weight" range. Some people did say some not-quite-positive things about my size when I was almost 10 pounds lighter.

In other news....
    I have a vague recollection that when I was 15 years old, I once bench pressed 100 pounds playing around in somebody's garage. That doesn't seem right, because when I started bench pressing in 2004, I was struggling with 66 pounds. It has bugged me ever since. :curses: I've just had success with floor pressing 45 pound dumbbells (I don't have a bench, or a barbell) at 22 reps over 5 sets, so I'll assume I've surpassed my 15-year-old strength at least. :tucool: I've been working for five years to reach that goal. :bb:

2. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Congratulations Guava! What an awesome transformation! All I can say is: you look stunning!:tucool:

Keep up the hard work and dedication!

3. autumngirl

autumngirl Well-Known Member

Wow, I am so glad to see this thread. You have been a great inspiration :dreamy:. Go girl! :tucool:

Regards,
    Sarah

4. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:)Thanks guys!

I'm giving myself a break this week and only doing pushups. Because I had a bit of a cold, so I'm cancelling the exercises I'm not that crazy about. :lol:

5. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

I'm late on this, but great selection on guava. She's one of the nicest examples on this board of a sustainable lifestyle change.

6. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

I never did come in here and officially congratulate you Guava! So congrats!! Very much deserved!!!

I had never heard of Guava until I found this forum. Now i think of you every time I go to the supermarket. I look for things with guava in it (although I don't think I've ever actually tried it.:o)

7. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Another great spotlight and great motivational store here. I love these spotlights because seeing the full story on memebers, on people I have "known" for years. These successes feel so real because there is more a personal connection to them.

Congrats, Guava, on the spotlight. It is well deserved, and you have done a great job! Thanks for your insights and story.

8. bluemagpie

bluemagpie Active Member

You look awesome Guava. Congrats! You are a big inspiration for me.......

9. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Guava! You had mentioned to me before a little about your past story, but it's still amazing to see the pictures. You are a true inspiration. And I love how you manage to get so strong making do with what you have at home -- most notably the floor and your bodyweight (and some dumbbells). Just goes to show that there are no excuses. Next time someone joins JSF and says they have no access to a gym and no room at home for weights, let's all point them to Guava's story.

10. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I realize this is a year old, but I have been away. I'm just now seeing you were picked and I wanted to throw in a late 'congrats!'

I find you very inspirational!