1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Mandatory Post - Month 3

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by lmnt, Sep 19, 2004.

1. lmnt

lmnt Well-Known Member

I call it a mandatory post because I want to make it a habit to chronicle my progress to some extent on this board. Every month I post a picture of progress on this board and it helps boost my dedication.

A quick selfish note before the pictures: I was in Texas for 2 weeks before this photo (today), and I was at the complete mercy of my host for that time. Needless to say, Mexican food is probably the worst food on the planet as far as nutrition goes. Anyway, progress was stagnated but not reversed. I didn't gain any weight, but I may (hope not) have lost some muscle.

Now...on with the pictures:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's a link to the compares for the past 3 months:

2. Musicguy

Musicguy Well-Known Member

Looking lean... :tu:

What are your current goals?

3. lmnt

lmnt Well-Known Member

Whelp, I'd really love to start seeing those abs before I start my bulk. Maybe I'm trying to emulate others too closely, but I feel it's possible to cut to abs (>=9%) before I start the bulk. It was sort of the milestone I set in front of me when I started, a moment I can visually recognize. I'm starting to think that I should just start the bulk anyway before I make the mistake of destroying my base muscular frame. I've set a (hopefully) failsafe deadline of another month to a month and a half of extra cutting to try and reach that goal -- if I fail, then bulk I must ;]

Maybe the cut->bulk philosophy just doesn't work for me, maybe I should juggle cuts and bulks like some others. I have the rest of my life to find out :d_smile:

4. Musicguy

Musicguy Well-Known Member

Looks to me like you're close... there's definitely a suggestion of abs starting to appear. Are you doing ab work? I think the leaner you get the more important it becomes to work them to help bring them out.

I'm in the same boat... would really like to make the abs prominent... but don't want to look emaciated, either!

5. DeafNgari

DeafNgari Well-Known Member

Looking great man keep it up! After you bulk for a while then cut again, your abs will show faster if you hit them hard. I am amazed how much bigger my abs have gotten so far in my bulk. You'll see in no time!!!

6. Nagle101

Nagle101 Well-Known Member

Your Progress Pics

Great, great progress. Can you tell me how to get side by side pics like you have done ? I have several pics of my back, front, right side and left side taken on different dates and I want to be able to put, for instance, all the back pics together to show my progress. I would appreciate any suggestion your can give me. Thanks and regards.

7. smalltex

smalltex Well-Known Member

You've really done a great job to this point. Good luck with your quest to abs--I think you are about there. Be careful--I personally have had trouble getting to well defined abs without losing more muscle mass than I'd like. Think the key may be to really emphasize ab workouts as musicguy suggests.

8. lmnt

lmnt Well-Known Member

sure just message me on aim at: BigMaza40oz and I'll step you through it