1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

macdiver stops being a couch potato

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by macdiver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I've seen videos of similar situations, but still can't imagine how emotional the scene must be in person, to say nothing about his/her loved ones and friends must be anguishing.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

This morning I went into the basement to lift. I decided to use the barbell so I did squats, bench, and rows.

3. macdiver

Yesterday was a holiday house tour in Lewes. We did some walking but no real exercise yesterday. Last name night we went over to a friend's house for Friendsgiving. It was a nice evening with a chance to eat a traditional turkey dinner with all the normal sides. We also had matzo ball soup and latkes.

Today my wife and I and a friend rode about 9 miles south to a restaurant, had lunch then ride back. Our friends ride was farther as she rode to our house and back home as well which is about 4 miles each way. Total distance was just under 18 miles.

#3823 macdiver, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018 at 6:01 PM
  4. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Your day of "no real exercise" was probably more exercise than 80% of American's got yesterday. :)

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ain't that the truth!

6. macdiver

The no real exercise was referring to the house tour where we drove to each neighborhood and parked. We did walk between the 2 or 3 houses in each neighborhood though.

The bike ride while far (18 miles for my wife and I and 26 for our friend) was a leisurely pace. My heart rate probably never left zone 1. That said, I do recognize the bike ride as exercise, just low key.

7. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Catching up a little, what did you think of the WWII museum? I've been twice and I'd go again, I really liked it.

8. macdiver

We all enjoyed the WWII museum. I wish we would have allowed more time. We got through the pre-war section and the D-Day section only. So much more to see. We also saw the Tom Hanks narrated 4D movie.

I brought my workout clothes to Florida this week but didn't even put them on. I did return to my keto diet and by Wednesday afternoon I had that familiar ketone taste in my mouth.

Only two more weeks of taveling to Florida and this project is done.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I had to look up what a 4D movie was.

Have a great weekend!

10. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Is that good or bad?