1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

macdiver stops being a couch potato

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by macdiver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice run.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Thanks. My legs were pretty tired yesterday so it was good I slowed down

Yes, Pederson deserves this. It's great that the backup QB turned coach won with the backup QB.

Thanks.

Today is my first day in Jacksonville FL. No exercise. I trying to eat low carb but I grabbed the cookie at the hotel front desk out of habit. Oh well, not the end of the world

3. macdiver

Bronze Member

Yesterday it was raining off and on all day. I didn't exercise but I did walk down the block for dinner.

Today the sun came out after work so I went for my run. It was nice to be in shorts and short sleeves. Even better I was able to leave the shoes off. The last half mile was a little uncomfortable as my skin isn't toughened up for this yet. I may have gone a little too far or a little too fast for my first barefoot run of the season.

Stats are 4 miles in 36 minutes for an average 9 min pace.

4. macdiver

Bronze Member

Travel day today so no workout. Tomorrow I will run

5. macdiver

Bronze Member

I just ran 3 miles in between the rain. It did start to drizzle a little during mile 3 but only lasted a 1/4 mile or so. While it is warm today, my feet are not ready for the wet roads so I wore my moccasins. My moccasins and socks were soaked after the run. I will need to figure something out for the 10 miles I'm supposed to run tomorrow. They are calling for heavy rains in Rehoboth. I may push the run to Sunday depending on timing of the storm.

6. macdiver

Bronze Member

It was sunny but chilly this morning. A good day fir a 10 mile run. I started off with a sweatshirt over my running shirt. I thought about removing it around mile 3 but then turned a corner and had a cross wind coming off the ocean. By the time I removed it at mile 5 I was pretty sweaty. This was the first time I carried water with me. I need to figure out what keto fuel to use before next weekend. My standard jelly beans won't work anymore.

Stats:. 10 miles in 1:39:32 for an average pace of 9:57. This included my walking breaks to drink water and make gear adjustments. It doesn't include the bathroom break at mile 8.5.

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Nice training run.

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ditto!

9. macdiver

Bronze Member

Thanks guys.

We went for a bike ride this morning with some friends. We rode to Lewes on the bike path then returned to Rehoboth on the Gordon pond trail. Once back in Rehoboth we went to a full service Chinese restaurant for lunch (as opposed to your standard Chinese takeout restaurant). We then rode home. I didn't have my Garmin but this is a 16 to 17 mile loop. I think it took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to reach the restaurant so a leisurely 5 mph pace. It was a nice recovery ride since my legs were tired from yesterdays run.

10. macdiver

Bronze Member

I had noticed during last week run and during my run Saturday that my left hip was tight. This morning I did a yoga video that focused on the hips. I think my normal Monday class does a better job of stretching the hip flexors.

We also took the dogs downtown for a 1 hour walk today.

In other news, I had today off. We used to get Good Friday as a holiday but that is not an official government holiday so we now get President Day instead. I preferred Good Friday because the weather is warmer. So I am spending my holiday evening flying to Florida for work. In the "no good deed goes unpunished category", my flight is now 45 minutes late and will get worse. The plane left Ohio 15 minutes ago. I used to do that flight and it is a 1 1/2 hr flight (thereabouts). Which means the plane lands after the current revised takeoff time. I guess the inbound passengers will parachute down and we will be beamed up. I'm guessing another hour will be added to the schedule soon.

#3410 macdiver, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  11. macdiver

Bronze Member

So the internet is scary but cool. Once I got to Jacksonville I walked across the street from my hotel for a drink.

My college roommate (community college in Salinas California) calls me through Facebook. I didn't know Facebook did phone calls but it does. He says were are you. I say Jacksonville FL why. He goes Facebook told me you are at whiskey Jax which is where I go when I visit my sister. I'm 5 hours away and have the next few days off. Let's have dinner tomorrow.

#3411 macdiver, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  12. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

There is no such thing as privacy anymore. I was trying to remember the name of someone I knew years ago. One day, his name popped into my head. I looked him up on the internet, the first thing it showed was a photo of his house, when he bought it, his real estate taxes. Like you say, the internet is good and bad. You really can't lie anymore, since anything can be looked up on the internet. Enjoy your dinner.

13. macdiver

Bronze Member

That is so true.

Thanks. It was a fun evening.

So i thought going to Florida would help me get more runs in since it is warm. But that is not happening. I need to break that cycle of laziness.

It is raining here in NJ again. Seems like if I'm home it is raining. We have had so much rain in the last few weeks that my yard is flooded. As soon as the standing water absorbs into the ground we get more rain.

Tomorrow I need to run 12 miles to stay on target for the marathon. Even if I am not getting my daily runs n, I need to get the log runs done.

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    So......you're the reason for the lousy weather. Seriously, after the two days of teasingly nice weather, we're once again in a lousy patch. For tomorrow, keep your eye on the prize (crossing the finish line).

15. macdiver

Bronze Member

Guilty as charged

Thanks

So after the conversation above about having no privacy and the internet, I received notice that something was purchased using my paypal account. After determining it wasn't by my wife, I had to cancel the credit card linked to that account and speak to paypal. They have put a "hold" on my account while they investigate. They also had me change my password. I had used a different password for Paypal then any other account. Even so, I have spent most of today changing all of my passwords. It is not easy coming up with 20 or so random passwords that also have numbers in the correct spot (some sites want the number first others don't). I always use random things to make my passwords. Supposedly more secure, yet ........

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Absolutely a PIA.

17. macdiver

Bronze Member

:nod:

To make it worse I got an email from PayPal denying my challenge. WTF . Fortunately I also challenged it with the credit card company so they won't be paid. Guess who will be cancelling their PayPal account. I will be calling them to appeal their finding tomorrow.

So my run didn't happen over the weekend. I can give excuses but they are just that excuses.

I did run 3.26 miles in 30:46 after work today. I will repeat that run tomorrow.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Odd about PayPal's response.

Nice run.

19. macdiver

Bronze Member

Thanks

I spoke to PayPal today. Their response is based on the fact that the purchase was made from my house according to the IP address. I think there is some confusion from the person who lives in my house that would purchase women's clothing. In her defense, the purchase was made on 1/30 but didn't hit PayPal and the credit card until 2/23. She will be checking her purchases tonight and I have a feeling that I will be calling the credit card company tomorrow to explain that it is a legitimate charge.

Looking at the map it looked like I could run a loop that would be around 3 miles (based on yesterday run) . I thought my turn around point yesterday would be about the mid point of the loop. I was off a little.

Today's run was 4.32 miles in 41:38 with an average pace of 9:39. I had to walk a few sections where they are doing construction and the sidewalk was tore up.

20. macdiver

Bronze Member

Today is a travel day so I won't be able to run after work. I realized that I have not lifted in a while, so I went to the hotel gym and did my hotel dumbbell workout. 3 x 8 of

Lunges
    Bench
    Single leg dead lifts
    Rows
    OHP
    Calf raises