1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

macdiver stops being a couch potato

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by macdiver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Have a great run and enjoy the jerky.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I didn't feel like running but knew the loop that I mentioned would take me past a revolutionary battlefield. I decided to take some pictures of the run.

Petticoat Bridge

IMG_20141005_170132_470.jpg

The Keeler Oak

IMG_20180127_113748.jpg
    IMG_20180127_113812.jpg

Jacksonville

IMG_20180127_120901.jpg

The Hospital

IMG_20180127_121608.jpg IMG_20180127_121628.jpg

A beaver tree fall
    IMG_20180127_121835.jpg

The Farm at Petticoat Bridge

IMG_20180127_124832_920.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice pics! Exercise and education FTW!

4. macdiver

Bronze Member

Thanks.

This morning I did a yoga class. I will also be doing yoga tomorrow evening. I had to use the class that I didn't use last Monday.

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Though I have been to Jacksonville, I don't really remember it. The photo's look like a northern city, not Florida. Nice photo's.

6. macdiver

Bronze Member

Sorry for the confusion. I actually live in Jacksonville New Jersey which is now part of Springfield Township in Burlington County. Not the larger Springfield in north jersey. I haven't started the project in Jacksonville Florida yet. That will start in a week or so.

7. macdiver

Bronze Member

On Friday last week my wife started to feel sick. She had caught something at her office. She was sick over the weekend and had to miss the dinners we had planned on Saturday and Sunday. As they were group events, I went without her (with her approval of course). Sunday afternoon I started to feel a tickle in my throat. By the time I went to bed on Sunday I was fully sick. Monday I stayed home from work and slept till 4:30 pm. I did wake up to eat some chicken soup for lunch and take some medicines. I was able to go to work on Tuesday though I still had a fever and was coughing. My fever broke on Wednesday am. Today I am going to try and make it through the day without taking anything.

Needless to say there has been no exercising. This was suppose to be week 1 of the 12 week marathon training plan I am following. I was suppose to run Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat and Sun. I will get the sat and sun runs done. I need to make up a yoga class on Friday to use my 4 classes for the month. I may put my membership on hold but maybe not. Since I will only be in Florida for 3 days / week, I should be able to continue getting 1 class per week in. Just not the Monday class I like.

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Do you think your wife and yourself had the flu? Feel better.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Feel better soon!

10. macdiver

Bronze Member

Thanks. I'm getting there.

Made it to the yoga class this morning. It was a restore class just what my body needed after being sick.

11. macdiver

Bronze Member

At the end of November I had decided to grow a beard. With my upcoming assignment, I decided it was time to get rid of it.

IMG_20180202_152151_013.jpg IMG_20180202_151912.jpg

12. macdiver

Bronze Member

As I posted on Facebook

HOLY FUCK

THEY WON

Fly EAGLES FLY

Even better is that I had 2 - 2 in the football pool which was worth $100 at halftime then doubled because of a reverse payout i.e. if you had Pat's 7 and Eagle 3 and the score was 17 to 3 you won and the person with Pat's 3 and eagle 7 would win for the first 3 quarter. Final score didn't pay a reverse. I had 2- 2so I won half time forward and reverse.

Interestingly I think I heard them say this was the only game at 22- 12 at halftime in the history of the NFL (maybe just the Superbowl but I understood any game) . Which makes my 2 2 win Incredible. Plus special because it was my birds

#3392 macdiver, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  13. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol: :nod:

The beard looked good. :kickrock:

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats on your birds and for winning the cash.

As for the half time score, I'm sure you were groaning when you found out your numbers; I know I would have. The way I heard it last night was that it was the first time EVER. I did a fact check and the article I read referenced that stat as it being the first time since 1940 based on information from Pro Football Reference. The site has a tremendous wealth of information dating back to 1920, which is two years before the NFL started. Since it has the quarterly score of every game if one had the time or knew enough about programming (I have neither) s/he could probably find the last time it happened, if ever. Based on the wording of the article I would suspect in 1940, but Al Michael's verbiage made it sound like it was the first time ever.

15. macdiver

Bronze Member

Thanks for confirming what I thought I heard and thanks for the congratulations.

M@ Thanks re the beard.

I went to Yoga Monday night.

I had to run a few errands after work so I did not get my run done yesterday.

Tonight it is raining pretty hard so I am going to go to yoga again. It isn't running but at least it is something.

I have to somehow start running. The marathon is less than 11 weeks and I haven't run with any consistency.

16. macdiver

Bronze Member

Finally got out for a run. My breathing during the run was pretty good. I was worried because I have lingering congestion with occasional coughing from the cold last week.

3 miles in 29 minutes. According to garmin it was 30 degrees, clear skies, and a 9 mph wind. I'm not sure what the wind chill was.

17. macdiver

Bronze Member

Today exercise was limited to walking the dogs for a couple of miles and running a bunch of errands.

I'm trying to get my mower running again. I haven't used it since 2013 when I started going to California. It would start but wouldn't stay running. I think I need to drain the gas and try fresh stuff. Once I get it running I have to change oil and hydraulic fluid. I'll also have to remove all of the stuff the mice have used to build nests in the engine under the sheet metal covers

18. macdiver

Bronze Member

Today was supposed to be an 8 mile run. When I woke up I didn't think I would be able to run 8 miles so I decided to do an easy 5 miler. I didn't really check my pace I was just running at a pace that felt good. When I did finally check my pace, I was running under 9 minutes. I forced myself to slow down as I wanted today to be an easy run. Final stat was 5 miles in 45 min 40 sec for an average pace of 9:08.

19. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Nice pace, especially since you had to force yourself to slow down.

20. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Congrats on your Eagles big win. I was also rooting for them. I always liked Doug Pederson when he was in GB as Favre's backup, seemed to be a real class act. Very happy for him, and also happy for the entire Eagles team.