1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

macdiver stops being a couch potato

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by macdiver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Day 7 of 30 completed successfully

Blood sugar was 95.

Diet was pretty good. I did have half a bottle of beer which has some carbs. I had used the other half in a soda can to make beer can chicken. My wife had drank the soda. All of my beer are in bottles.

I did my pull routine this morning.

Now I have a bunch of chores to do including taking all of the branches I cut up a few weeks ago to the dump.

2. macdiver

Bronze Member

Busy weekend so a brief update

Saturday

Day 8 of 30 completed successfully

Blood sugar was 103

Diet was good.

Spent the day riding my bike with my wife and some friends on a holiday house tour in Lewes. It was more of a house tour than a holiday decoration tour.

Sunday

Day 8 of 30 completed successfully

Blood sugar was 91

Diet was mostly good. I did have a few pieces of a dark chocolate candy. We were at a friend's house for dinner. I avoided most of the carbs but the candy got me at desert. They were the size of peanut m &M's and I only had a few.

This morning was a 4 mile run. My Garmin is broke. It says it is connected to the GPS but it isn't.

That is all. We are heading over to a friend's house to help decorate for Christmas.

3. macdiver

Bronze Member

Day 9 of 30 completed successfully

Blood Sugar was 98 this morning

Diet was a high in carbs. We went over to a friends house to help her decorate. She is hosting the wine club holiday party next week. Dinner were sandwiches with beer. I know that there will be days that I will have to eat what is being served and that may mean eating more carbs than I am targeting. Oh well such is life. I will not be the obnoxious person who brings his own food to your house.

I don't have a yoga pass available so I will be doing yoga at my house this evening after work.

Update:. Yoga is done so I changed the above to say completed successfully despite the carbs for dinner last night.

#3303 macdiver, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  4. macdiver

Bronze Member

Day 10 of 30 completed successfully

Blood sugar was 111 this morning. A little higher than it has been lately. I wonder if it was the carbs on Sunday

Diet was on target yesterday.

This morning was pushes

Squats 3 x 8 @ 37.5 kg
    Bench 3 x 8 @ 32.5 kg
    DB lunges 3 x 8 @ 15 lbs
    DB inclined bench 3 x 8 @ 25 lbs
    Calf raises 3 x 12 @ 40 kg
    OHP 3 x 8 @ 22.5 kg
    Dips body weight x 5, 5, 5

I weighed myself this morning. 126.8. I didn't take measurements but I am pretty sure that my girth at my belly button is smaller. I need to find my tape measure.

5. macdiver

Bronze Member

Day 11 of 30

Blood sugar was 111

Diet on Tuesday was good.

No exercise. I had to leave early to go to a client yesterday morning. In the evening I had chores to take care of.

Day 13 of 30

Blood sugar was 105

Diet yesterday was not good. After the client my coworker and I stopped for lunch at a pizza place he knew in the area. 2 slices and a soda for $5. I wasn't thinking and chose regular soda. I should've went for the diet soda to limit the carbs to just the pizza.

My plan is to go for a run after work.

6. macdiver

Bronze Member

I pushed my run until after work thinking it would be warmer. I think it was actually warmer when I left for work this morning which means I could have run in the daylight. It was cold enough that I had to wear a balaclava and my moccasins.

I ran 3 miles. I didn't wear my Garmin so I have no idea about time or pace.

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You are tough on yourself. A can of coke has 140 calories, so it 35 grams of carbs. My daily potato has 82 grams of carbs. :o According to some sites, some doctors think high carb intake, results in high blood pressure. It makes me think, maybe I should go your route.

8. macdiver

Bronze Member

I used to eat around 200 grams of carbs a day. Now I try to eat around 20 grams a day. I know every day I can't be that low because of having to live life.

9. macdiver

Bronze Member

This morning I was out the door at 6:30 to borrow my neighbor's truck too take the branches I cut up last month to the dump before he needed the truck for work.

Day 14 of 30 completed successfully

Diet was low carb yesterday

Blood sugar was 93. Yay

Today was pulls

Deadlift 3 x 8 x 65 kg
    BB row 3 x 8 x 30 kg
    Leg extension 3 x 8 x 5 kg
    Leg curl 3 x 8 x 7.5 kg
    Seated cable pull down 3 x 8 x 30 kg
    DB side lat raises 3 x 8 x 5 lbs
    Ab wheel roll outs

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

A few hours after you borrowed the truck I did the same thing with a neighbor of mine because I had to take some furniture to be repaired. :lol:

11. macdiver

Bronze Member

Last night was my Rehoboth wine group holiday party. Evidently one of the guests got a little touchy feely with one of the other guests. While she stopped it, several other people saw it and contacted me today. I had made a comment to the people I was talking to about how close he was standing to her but I didn't see more than that. But if I noticed that then I should have realized something wasn't right.

I now have the difficult position of notifying national and asking him to leave.

When headlines meet real life.

12. macdiver

Bronze Member

Day 15 of 30 (Saturday AM)

Blood sugar was 102

Diet was good on Friday

No exercise

Day 16 of 30

Blood sugar was 93 (Sunday AM)

No real exercise.

Diet was mostly good on Saturday. I did try some of the English Sherry Trifle dessert as everyone was raving about it. Otherwise I made wise decisions at the holiday party.

Day 17 of 30

Blood sugar was 107.

Diet was ok. We had Popeye fried chicken for lunch. I had mine with a side of green beans (rather than the Cajon rice I normally get) and did not eat the biscuit,. I had water to drink. I also had a beer at my neighbors house.

Last week my neighbor contacted me about letting some of his undergraduate engineering students fire a butane powered cannon into my yard as part of an experiment. I said sure why not. We had to come home early from RB so my wife could attend her Women's Golf league holiday party. When I had finished unloading my car, I heard a boom and then saw 4 kids milling around in the snow looking for the projectile. I went over to my neighbors house to see what the project was. They were using different amounts of butane to find the optimum amount for distance. More does always mean further. Anyways while there he offered me a beer. The kids were underage so not drinking which is probably a good thing when firing a butane cannon.

Tonight I will be going to a friends house for dinner so no yoga. I will eat what is served so I will be eating carbs most likely.

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Bummer about the RB wine group holiday party.

14. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

and did not eat the biscuit,.

That is the best part. :claplow:

15. macdiver

Bronze Member

Day 18 of 30

Blood sugar was 119 this morning.

As expected I ate what was served including dessert. Late night though. We didn't get home until almost 1 am.

This morning was pushes

Squats 3 x 8 @ 40 kg
    Bench 3 x 8 @ 35 kg
    DB lunges 3 x 8 @ 20 lbs
    DB inclined bench 3 x 8 @ 27.5 lbs
    Calf raises 3 x 12 @ 45 kg
    OHP 3 x 8 @ 25 kg
    Dips body weight x 5, 5, 5

Thanks.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post or overstep any boundaries.. I sometimes post what is in my mind without thinking about who might read it.

Yes it is and it wasn't easy passing it up.

#3315 macdiver, Dec 12, 2017 at 7:54 AM
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017 at 8:51 AM
  16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

FWIW, I didn't find anything offensive about the post.

17. macdiver

Bronze Member

Glad to hear that. Thanks for the feedback.

Day 19 of 30

No blood sugar reading. I'm in Florida for a meeting and forgot to bring the needles to use. I packed the meeter but the travel case was out of needles.

No workout today.

Diet was good yesterday

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

When I left for the gym this AM the wind chill was 8F so Florida, even though it's cooler than normal, is a good place to be.

19. macdiver

Bronze Member

The Floridians were complaining that it was cold. It was 50. I didn't even wear a coat for the short 1/4 mile or so walk from the hotel to the clients facility.

Day 20 of 30 (Thursday am)

Blood sugar was 111.

Diet on Wed wasn't good. For lunch the client brought in sandwiches and chips. I went "all in" and even ate my cookie. I did have watery to drink. I figured that would be lunch and accept that it was not in my control. For dinner I bought a labeled mixed green salad with chicken to eat on the plane. Once I opened it I realized there was pasta in the salad which was not clearly identified on the label.

No exercise.

Day 21 of 30 (Friday am)

Blood sugar was 111 again

Diet was good yesterday.

My plan is to go into the office for a few hours to finish a report for a client. Then I will come home and do my pull session. I'll post that later.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Will you be going to Florida regularly as you did previously to SF?