1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

macdiver stops being a couch potato

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by macdiver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

The straps are on option I'm considering. It allows me to do strength training wherever I am but doesn't address my cardio.

2. macdiver

Bronze Member

I still haven't figured out what I want to do for fitness. Other than putting on shoes and sucking it up, running in the winter is my stumbling block.

Before I left for Spain, my weight was around 127. When I got back, I was 132. Without really doing anything, I am back down to 128. I had been averaging in the 132 - 135 range for a few years. I thought that was my new normal but now realize that that was my "travel" weight.

My fasted blood sugar is in the 110 to 120 range which is high. I have not been low carb since leaving on vacation. I will start back on my low carb diet today. My target is 20 grams of carbs with the carbs coming from veggies. Initially I'm also going to do a 16/8 IF routine. I'm going to test my blood sugar when I wake up and right before eating lunch (my first meal). I may do some testing around meals as well.

3. macdiver

Bronze Member

Today was one of those shitty days at work. We had another big project stopped last week. We had layoffs today. I'm safe for now. If this doesn't turn around no one will be safe at my company.

Most of the people let go were getting ready to retire anyways. 4 of the ten were over 65. 3 of the others are turning 65 in the next year or so. Basically everyone who I considered my superiors (that weren't owners) was cut. I've worked with most of them for 25 years. Really tough to say goodbye.

#3283 macdiver, Nov 16, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 5:42 PM
  4. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the problems in your office. Does your office have a good severance policy?