1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

macdiver stops being a couch potato

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by macdiver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

If they overbook, if they ask you to get off the plane, don't resist. :lol: But on the other hand, according to the lawyer Mark Geragos on the Adam Carolla podcast, he probably will eventually settle with United Airlines for 1.5 million (after lawyer fees).

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

:D

I went for a run on a bike path here in NJ. It is a gravel path so I had to wqear my shoes. My wife was riding her bike and wanted to ride for 1 1/2 hours so I decided to run a slow 6 miles. I did 6 miles in 1 hour 9 minutes.

3. macdiver

Bronze Member

I was headed out for my run this morning. For some reason the dogs were really excited. Once I got outside I saw them in the window giving me that sad look. I made it about 100 feet before the guilt overtook me and I went back put some shoes on and took the dogs for a 2 mile walk. My plan was 30 minutes of running but I did 30 minutes of walking. This was followed by some yard work.

Now I need to make some smoked salmon deviled eggs to take to the Easter dinner. I boiled the eggs this morning so I just need to make the stuffing.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I hope you had an enjoyable Easter. Those eggs sound delicious. Do you incorporate the salmon into the filling or do you place it on top?

5. macdiver

Bronze Member

This recipe called for blending the smoked salmon in. A friend of mine makes a pesto version where the smoked salmon is on top. I liked his better than what I made and will try it next time.

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day so a red day on the calendar.

I had a chiropractor appointment last night for my neck. While it is better it still is bothering me. It has been since December. He recommended I strengthen my shoulders and back. That is what I focused on in the basement this morning.

6. macdiver

Bronze Member

I went to the morning Yoga class this morning. It was the largest so far since they started this class in January. There were several times it was me and one other lady ( who I learned today is a yoga instructor). They also cancelled a few times because no one (me) signed up. They won't hold the class if it is just the other lady since instructors don't pay. Today there was 6 of us. Strangely, there were 3 yoga instructors and three non instructors. I guess they figure this is a good class to attend without having to worry about their regular students seeing them.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Have you found that yoga is helping your back and shoulders?

8. macdiver

Bronze Member

I saw this on FB and thought it was good. Hopefully posting works.

[​IMG]

9. macdiver

Bronze Member

Somewhat. I have started taking Ibupropen and will be switching to naproxin once I get to the store. This is helping more. It is tendinitis and I think treating the inflammation as well as rehabbing the muscles will make the most difference.

That said, I am really liking yoga for the stretching and meditation.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

If word gets around about this startling :rolleyes: information then whole industries devoted to such things could go out of business. NOT! :lol:

11. macdiver

Bronze Member

:D

Yesterday morning I woke with a bad headache so I stayed home. I'm thinking it was allergies since I only had 1 glass of wine with dinner the night before. Anyways, a few weeks ago we had a friend over for dinner. During the conversation my wife said I never take sick days. I replied "why should I? When I do you always leave me a long list of chores to do so I am better off going to work.". She denied it. Yesterday my list was clean the basement (2/3rd done), fix the two screens that were ripped in the screen room (done), and clean the garage (didn't get to since I never finished the basement). I (wrongly) reminded her of the conversation and her denial when she gave me the list.

I went to yoga last night. Today will be a rest day as my back is sore from the basement.

12. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :claplow: Amazing. I'm going to troll several friends with that on FB.

*sigh* if only being right actually counted for anything in a marriage :no:

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Just drop any notion of that ever working out. :lol:

14. macdiver

Bronze Member

My only exercise for the day was a 2+ mile walk with the dogs and a few other shorter walks. Tomorrow is supposed to be a 22mile bike ride with the wife. We'll see if the weather holds out.

15. macdiver

Bronze Member

Yesterday my wife and I did a 23.5 mile bike ride. Next weekend is the official ride.

Today is a travel day so no working out

16. macdiver

Bronze Member

No working out this week. No real reason other than laziness.

I have the bike ride on Sunday so that will be my next bout of fitness.

I learned today that I will be coming out here through June and maybe longer. I started coming here August 2013. 4 years of being bi-coastal. Somehow I am still working out usually and about the same body fat % though I am 5 pounds (on average) heavier.

My drinking while in California is heavier as well. I'm actually getting concerned

17. macdiver

Bronze Member

The bike ride is tomorrow not Sunday. I keep thinking it's on Sunday like the runs typically are.

I need to come up with a workout schedule. I do better if I have a fixed schedule.

On the plane home now. Next week I am at the office.

18. macdiver

Bronze Member

Today is my 8 year quit Smoking anniversary. I quit in 4/29/2009. I celebrated by doing an easy 27 mile bike ride. I'm not sure the milage is right though. My garmin said 28.5 and I didn't remember to start it until we had rode a half mile it so. My average pace was just below 10 mph. Since I didn't pause it at the rest stops I'm sure I was moving much faster. The guy I was with and I finished almost an hour ahead if our wives. Funny thing is they were complaining about being tired and he and I were fine. My wife has been asleep since we got home around an hour and half ago. I'm about to wake her so she can sleep tonight.

#3078 macdiver, Apr 29, 2017 at 2:47 PM
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017 at 10:32 AM
  19. macdiver

Bronze Member

I went out for a nice easy 3 mile run this morning. I aimed for a 10 min pace and was slightly under. I ran a route that I used to run with my dog but hadn't run for a while. The one road was empty lits then. Now they are building HUGE custom homes (bring your own architect and builder type). Nice houses but my view if the bay is mostly blocked.