1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

macdiver stops being a couch potato

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by macdiver, Mar 25, 2010.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

As expected the flight to Philadelphia was cancelled. We are flying to Miami today then to Philadelphia on Wednesday.

Today was a planned rest / travel day. I'll use the fitness center at the Miami hotel the next few days.

We stayed at a lovely B&B last night. There were two other couples there, one from France who spoke limited English and a couple from Britain where the wife spoke limited French. We had dinner and breakfast together. It was a wonderful evening dinner started at 7 and we were done eating a little after 8 but all stayed until 10 talking.

#3001 macdiver, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    In what language was your conversation?

3. macdiver

It was a combination of English and French.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I'd rather be in Miami. :nod:

Do you someone who will clear your property or will you have to deal with it when you get home?

Your French/English evening sounded like a great time.

5. macdiver

We have been trying to get the neighbor's son to clear the driveway but have not heard back. Our dog sitter won't do it. She made it clear before we left that she would not be shoveling anything more than the few steps on the deck.

Thanks. It was a fun and very interesting dinner and breakfast conversation.

I picked up a rental car this morning. We are heading to the Everglades for the day. I think we both have tired of the beach. :D

I went to the gym this morning and did DB lunges, DB bench, DB single leg dead lifts, cable row, cable lat pulldowns, DB ohp.

6. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :slap:

7. macdiver

Hard for me to believe as well. After 9 days of being in the sand, we were ready for something different.

The Everglades were amazing. I saw an alligator snack on a small fish just a few feet away-- a few unprotected feet away. I now understand how the boy was attacked at Disney. You get used to being just a few feet away with the Gators just sunbathing so you start to feel comfortable and let your guard down then .... We also saw lots of birds, fish, baby Gators with Mommy watching us. All really cool. If you haven't been to the Everglades National Park, I highly recommend to get there for a day. Skip the boat tours and Gator wrestling. Take a guided hike with a park ranger. Much better information and it is free after the $25, 7 day entrance fee.

I went to the gym and used the hamster belt for 30 minutes. After my warmup I realized I didn't start my watch so the watch says 25 minutes.

8. macdiver

A few pictures if I can get them uploaded.

IMG_20170314_170000.jpg
    a baby Gator. I uploaded the wrong picture so he is hard to see
    IMG_20170314_171338.jpg

a hot male cooling off by opening his mouth

IMG_20170314_121753.jpg

A selfie. The closest one is the guy who had just finished having a sushi snack

IMG_20170315_093030.jpg

My calendar

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

That is an appropriate hat, you look like Crocodile Dundee. :)

hamster belt

I like that term, I am going to appropriate it.

You have a great attitude. Many would be stressed having their flight cancelled, and getting back from vacation late. At least you are enjoying the extra vacation time. Have a great flight back.

10. macdiver

Thanks lemonade from lemons. Patience is wearing thin though. My 2:15 flight is leaving at 6. When I rebooked they couldn't give me the first class seats I paid for with points. Now they upgraded 4 people to first class but not my wife nor I. I will be calling tomorrow to get some points refunded.

11. macdiver

I spoke to a flight attendant who told me a bunch of people changed flights due to the delay. That is why seats in first class opened up. The delay was a maintenance issue with our plane so the later flight to Philly left on time.

We got home at 11:00 pm to two "very happy to see us" puppies. They must have figured we weren't coming home.

I woke up and went to the basement and did squats, bench, row, and OHP.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Just like when you take the garbage out to the curb. Gotta love dogs. :)

Beast mode!

13. macdiver

THanks but not really.

Today was a yoga video. The yoga studio doesn't have morning classes on Fridays.

14. macdiver

My intent was to run 3 to 5 miles this morning. When I woke up it was and still is raining in Rehoboth. I did run in the rain on vacation in St. Lucia when it was 80 F but I was not running in the rain when it is 43 F. :no:

Instead I did a "Met-Con" routine using the suspension straps. It consisted of 3 groups of 4 exercises, 2 sets each group, about 10 reps each exercise. It took me about 24 minutes to complete. For me it was more strength than cardio.

Tomorrow I need to get the wife on a bike for a 10 mile ride (assuming the weather cooperates). We have our 30 mile ride coming up at the end of April and she has not done any real rides yet.

15. macdiver

The sun came out today so we went for an 8 mile bike ride at an easy 9 mph pace. We still plan on riding tomorrow.

16. macdiver

The weather is worse today. It is starting to clear but is really windy. I'm not sure if we will get a ride in today.

This morning I went over to a friend's house who just bought a place here in Rehoboth. I helped him move two couches from his garage to the upstairs living room. We are meeting them for lunch soon. We took the dogs for a walk downtown. Those may be my exercise for the day (not lunch though :D).

UPDATE:

We got out for our bike ride after lunch. 10 miles in 1 hour. We headed down Rt 1 through Dewey and turned around near the 5 mile mark. There was a highway crossing there. We made up the difference on the back end so that it was an even 10 miles.

#3016 macdiver, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  17. macdiver

I went to yoga tonight. I did the class that my wife thinks is really hard. It involved a lot of arm balance poses like crow pose and flying lizard pose. It also did some single leg balance poses. It was my first time trying flying lizard pose so I wasn't able to get both legs off the ground.

18. macdiver

Yesterday was suppose to be my rest day but I decided to do yoga so today is a rest day.

Stats:

Weight: 132.0 lbs
    3 point BF% 12.9%
    Navy Tape measure BF% 15%

The Navy and 3 point are more in alignment than last time.

#3018 macdiver, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  19. macdiver

I have 3 yoga classes to use this week. Since we didn't make it home on Monday last week I wasn't able I didn't use any last week. I did one class on Monday. I am doing a class this morning and will do one tomorrow morning. We are going to my NJ wine meeting tomorrow afternoon. I will find a way to work out on Friday and Saturday. My hope is to get one or two runs in. I will be bringing my straps in case I need to use those as a fall back plan.

The NJ wine group is the Dionysian Society. It is an invitation only group. This year I am being inducted. The previous years I had attended as an invitee. The cool thing about this group is the generosity in sharing some really amazing wines from everyone's cellar.

Since I am being inducted I had to buy a tuxedo to wear. I had rented the last few years but if I need one every year the cost of owning is justified. I actually ordered it from china directly so it only costs $100. I had to get a tailor in the US to measure me so that the tux could be custom made. I used DHgate which is owned by the shipping company so shipping was included in the cost. It took just over two weeks to receive the tux after ordering. It fit perfectly.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Congratulations on your induction.