1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ludvig78's Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Ludvig78, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Ludvig78

Ludvig78 Well-Known Member

2004 Feb 03

Had my PT friend making a body fat messurement. Stats today are 12% of body fat, height is 6'0 and weight is 187,7 lbs.

Won't write more for now. Will update mer the comming days.

2. Ludvig78

Feb 4th 2004

Had a great shoulder and triceps workout last night but an even better biceps and chest on monday. Went from 24,5 kilos in the drumbells biceps curl to 26,5 kilos. Did a 6 rep in the first set and when I hit faliure I did another 3 on the 24,5. Had a nice pump. Did two sets more but I had to move down to 24,5. Will work hard to hit 26,5 for three sets. Think it's most on a mind level. Long time ago I had some pain in the biceps after workout but I can still feel today.

3. Ludvig78

Feb 05 2004

Had a day of last night. Cheated abit on my diet. Found an ice cold beer in the refrigerator and in seconds I started to feel a sudden wet feeling inside my mouth. Opened the beer and had it in one run. I can not describe the satisfaction.

Today I will be doing legs together with a female friend. She want's to start working out and needs instructions. While we are at it I can squeeze in my workout aswell.

4. Ludvig78

Feb 06 2004

I can only say one thing. I hate legs and getting coffee stacked. Had way too many cups of coffee before my workout last night. Had a major heartrate and feelt shakey. Somehow I did my workout after all. I really need to make it count during my leg workout. I have basically no fat on them what so ever which make them look kinda skinny. Will add more hardcore exercises like deep squats and legspress to get the hamstrings going. :)

Today is my back workout. Forgot my back straps at home thinking of maybe doing shoulds again instead of doing a poor back workout. Don't wanna be doing chins with 30 lbs of extra weight in a weightbelt without my straps, too damn straining for the forearms...

Just adding a weight curve. Just been doing it for a couple of days. As you can see it's going a bit up and down. I weight myself every morning. Alot of the weight changes depend on water retainment and stuff som I am not worried. Will be addning this curve every now and then. Will also add some pictures soon.

Picture added. Not the best quality but anyways.

Attached Files:

#4 Ludvig78, Feb 6, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  5. Ludvig78

Feb 9th 2004

New week new workouts. Today I have my pecs and biceps workout. Have seen significant gains in my arms lately. I wonder it it's due to my creatine in take or something? Well it feels really good. Compared two pictures one from november and one from feb and it was a huge diffrence. Guess it can be the diet too. I am way more strict now. Not gone let myself go that much this year. Will keep the body fat down so I don't have to work so hard i april and may.

Well well. Not so much to say right now. Time to work.

6. Ludvig78

Feb 11 2004

Thought I would update the weight curve. Feel like I am getting over worked out. Been doing heavy weight traning for around 6 weeks now and I can really feel it. Thinking of taking five to seven days off within two weeks. Well well. We will see how I feel. Here is the updated weight chart:

Attached Files:

7. Ludvig78

Feb 18th 2004

Thought I would put in my weekly routine just for fun:

Monday

Chest:

Benchpress: 2-3 sets to failure, 100-90 kilograms.

Benchpress with incline : 2-3 sets to failure, 80-70 kilograms.

Flyes with dumbells: 2-3 sets to failure, 24,5 - 21,5 kilogram dumbells.

Biceps:

Alternated biceps curl: 2-3 sets to failure with 24,5 - 21,5 kilogram dumbells.

Concentration curl: 2-3 sets to failure with 18,5 kilogram dumbells.

Hammer curl: 2-3 sets to failure with 21,5 - 18,5 kilogram dumbells

Wednesday

Shoulders:

Overhead shoulder press with dumbells: 2-3 sets to failure 31,5 - 29,5 kilogram dumbells.

Backside of shoulders in cabelcross: 2-3 sets to failure 25 kilograms.

Dumbell lifts from the side: 2-3 sets to failure 13,5 - 16,5 kilogram dumbells.

Shrugs: 2-3 sets to failure 30-40 kilogram dumbells.

Legs:

Squats: 2-3 sets to failure 70-80 kilograms.

Frontside legcurl: 2-3 sets to failure 45-50 kilograms.

Backside legcurl: 2-3 sets to failure 40-45 kilograms.

standing calf raise:2-3 sets to failure 150-200 kilograms.

Friday

Back:

Chins: 2 sets to failure with extra 10-15 kilosgrams in weight belt.

Lats pulldown with narrow grip: 2 sets to failure 80-75 kilograms.

Row in cable: 2 sets to failure 65 kilograms.

Dead-lifts: 2 sets to failure 110-120 kilograms.

Triceps:

Triceps pushdown: 2 sets to failure 40-45 kilograms.

Dips: 2 sets to failure with 20 kilograms extra in weight belt.

Triceps press with cable: 2 sets to failure 25-20 kilograms

Overhead triceps push with dumbell: 2 sets to failure with 26 kilogram dumbell.

8. Ludvig78

Feb 20th 2004

Had a pretty good week on the workout department. Got abit drunk on sunday so I had to skip monday but it recovered pretty fast and have been working out pretty hard anyways. Have a new weightcurve and did a new body fat measurement. Went from a 12,2% to 10,9% in the last 8 days. Heading for 10-9% and then I will stop. Don't wanna get to love in that deparment. It's still months until summer and I don't wanna overdo it and strain the body too much. Well here is the new weightcurve and latest picture.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Attached Files:

#8 Ludvig78, Feb 20, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  9. Ludvig78

Have been sick all week. Needed to rest and get cured. Basically have no news. Been eating junkfood as hell but have not gained anything. Just had those meals during the day and only protiens later in the afternoon.

10. Ludvig78

March 01 2004

Have a new wieght curve. Actually dropped another 2 lbs during my rest week. Think it's mostly due to the fact that I quit taking creatine. Been on a 7 week cure and now I need to take it easy a couple of weeks. Will be fun to see how much strenght I have lost in the gym today. Hurt my wrist aswell. Was doing the ice skates yesterday. Almost like bambi on ice. :)

Attached Files:

#10 Ludvig78, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  11. Ludvig78

March 08 2004

New week new workouts. Had some problem with my wrist at the end of last week. Hope ít will go away soon. Don't want it to get any more worse. Bought some wrist straps so I get some extra support. Got this injury when I was doing shoulders. Did the free weight shoulder press with a bench bar. Was doing 154 lbs and then i had to bring it down and did it to fast. Feelt a burning sensation and have had problems after that.

Will update the picture soon. Feelt really nice progress last couple of weeks. Will see what all you guys have to say.

12. Ludvig78

March 09th 2004

Had a great arm workout last night. Added some extra weights in my dips. Added another 10 lbs to my weight belt. Doing 65lbs extra weight now. :) Don't think it's the fact that I am stronger. I am also around 10 lbs lighter then two months ago. :)

Had my monday bd meassurement too. Between 9.8 and 10,1%.

Will add a new picture in the end of this week.

Attached Files:

#12 Ludvig78, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  13. Ludvig78

March 12th 2004

Hi All.

Had a great workout week. My wrist is not that sore anymore. Used the wrist straps and it getting better and better even if I workout. Also found this new back machine. It simulates the lats pull down but is alot more effective. Have a totally sore back today from wednesday. Also added some extra weights in the dead lifts. Saw some stars due to lack of oxygen but what the hell. Wanna do it heavy, why not do it all the way. Just added 10 more kilos but it's a fair jump going from 120 to 130kg. Feelt like I was going to shit my pants.

Chest and legs today. Looking forward to the squats. Did them last week. Almost couldn't walk back home. :)

14. Ludvig78

Hi!

New picture added. One month between the pictures. Not a big change but I feel like I am moving in the right direction.

#14 Ludvig78, Mar 13, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  15. Ludvig78

March 17th 2004

Have been having a terrific week. Been feeling really good in both body and soul. Went for a 40 minute run yesterday and I feelt so light in body and legs. Could easily keep a much higher pace then usually. No the feeling was great. Could even keep a very high pace in the last up hill on my run. My body was really working with my mind.

Thought I would update my weightcurve aswell. It's getting more flat now (moving between 81-83 kg) but that's the way it should be. I am getting low in bodyfat and feeling in pretty good shape. Don't think my diet is hard to stick to. Kinda got used to the whole thing. Found a nice balance. Listen alot to what my body says. Is it low then I fill is it filled then I cut. :)

Curve:

#15 Ludvig78, Mar 17, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  16. Ludvig78

March 23th 2004

Started loading with creatine yesterday. Will pobably gain a couple of pounds but I don't really care. Want the extra strength so I can do a really heavy period before I start doing my final summer cut. Not really looking for adding muscles. More into getting harder and have more pressure in the veins. Have started to develop some scary veins on the arms. Have guys scouting me out at the gym. Is that a good sign? *lol*

17. shogun4877

shogun4877 Well-Known Member

looking good man. can u give us some detailed info on your diet? thanks a lot

18. Ludvig78

What do you want to know exactly?

regards
    Ludvig.

19. Ludvig78

Creatine

Love the creatine rush I have in my body right now. Did my arms workout last night and hell it was freaky. Added another 4 lbs to my biceps dumbell curl. Did a 6 in the first set with the 57,5 lbs dumbells. I looked freaky afterwards. Veins sticking out on my arms and new veins that I have not seen before. Love this supplement. Would recommend it to anyone. If you are low on bodyfat you won't look puffy. I actually think I look more ripped now then before. I also don't understand the people that say that creatine will make you puffy. Sure it will make you retain like 2-3 lbs of water but the strength and stamina benifit to do that extra rep beats out that sort of bs anyday. Just making a stand for creatine. Try it and you will love it. :bb:

20. shogun4877

shogun4877 Well-Known Member

Maybe you could show an example of your diet on a typical day? Like a page out of your daily food log (if you have one). Specifically, I was wondering how many calories you take in daily, what your macronutrient split is, your pre/post workout meals, what supplements you take and when, etc. Even some foods that you eat often and think have helped your progress would be of interest. Thanks again.