1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ludvig78's Journal - Back on track again!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Ludvig78, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Ludvig78

Ludvig78 Well-Known Member

Ok will be posting a new journal after a couple of years of absence. Last time I posted anyting was in 2004 I think. I had some personal issues and was not feeling to good. My living situation was pretty bad and I was very annoyed all the time. Did a couple of "not so nice" posts in the forum and John banned me which I totally understand now afterwards.

Now I feel alot better and thought I would e-mail John to see if he will let me back on. He was very understanding and is giving me a second chance which I won't miss credit.

When is stopped writing I was about 180 lbs today I am about 201. Have keept working out so the shape is not to bad. Below you can see my shape then and now 3-4 years in between:

Attached Files:

#1 Ludvig78, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Wow ! You're a monster now !! Looks like the 20 lb gain is all muscle. Great job.

3. Ludvig78

Yesterday workout.

Did a summer maintence uper body workout last night together with my girlfriend which was pretty ok. Aimed for two excersizes for 2 sets on each muscle group which worked out fine. Not really used to do all parts of the uper body in one session but I am not hitting it very hard during the summer. Just trying to go for about 2-3 times a week to maintain and not feel to bloated. At the end of the session I really feelt that the energy was going way low. All the carbs in the muscles where drained and I really had to push the last couple of sets. Did a short HIIT session in the end for about 15 minute and then it was off home to bulk up with a massive load of steak and rise.

Feels really good to be able to help my girlfriend aswell. She has been an arobic junky for a long time but realized that she needs to hit the gym aswell to get in maxed out shape. Have told her that for months but I guess a person need to be ready for it in there own mind for it to work. Just in 3-4 weeks she has made some sick strenght gains. I am proud of her and we will see what the future brings. :)

4. Ludvig78

Update.

Thanks dude! :) I feel pretty ok but abit heavy right now. Would need to drop about 6-7 lbs and then I would be ok. Don't have a very hard time gaining muscles. I do 3 sessions per week max now days but when I do it I keep the weights and intensity extremly high. Always go flat out and do most exersizes raw, no belts no strats just all out raw. Also stick to the heavy exersizes like bench, deadlifts, squats, shoulder press, chins and so forth. The effort is hard but the pay is good. :) Use progressive gaining aswell. When I do 8 reps the first set I add 5 lbs to the second set. Always stick between 5-8 reps. Works good for me but after about 6-7 weeks I need to take one full week off otherwise I will get over trained. Have a bicep that is bothering me a bit right now but taking care of it. Probably due to lack of streching. Age you know. :)

5. Ludvig78

Typical Routine

I am a strong believer of less is more when you keep the intensity level very high. With intenisity I mean heavy weights that make your veins wanna pop and you sight go blury after a set. Here is a typical back and shoulder routine of mine:

Deadlifts 2x5 x 360 - 380 lbs
    Dumbel shoulderpress 3x5 x 80-87 lbs dumbells
    Lateral raise 2x6-8 43 - 50 lbs dumbells
    Wide Chins 3x5 bodyweight + 44 lbs in weight belt
    Narrow Chins 2x max bodyweight + 50 lbs in weight belt
    Barbell Rows 3x5 x 220 lbs

When I can do more then 5 reps I go up 5 lbs in weight next set in the exersizes that have 5 reps. When do 8 reps in the exersizes that have 6-8 reps I add 5 lbs of weight.

I should be stronger in some of the exersizes but I am just plain out lazy some weeks. :) Also a different problem that I get is that its very hard to motivate oneself to do cardio after sessions like this. I am usually very woozzzy in the head and totally drained. When I hit the treadmill I feel wobbly..

regards
    Ludvig

#5 Ludvig78, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  6. Ludvig78

7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

lookin strong buddy!! great video. :tucool:

can't wait to see you progress even farther. keep kickin ass!

8. Ludvig78

Thanks. Was the very last set in the workout so I was abit shakey! ;)

9. Ludvig78

Something different.

Yesterday evening me and an old friend of mine decided to play some tennis. I used to play at a competitive level when I was younger but the last time I hit the court was probably like 2 years ago. First couple of balls was hard to time and they were going all over the place. My right arm feelt totally drained after like an hour and I feelt that my stamina was way low for these type of short sprints from side to side. It was fun thou. We have a "free to play" court just around the corner from my apartment so its nice to just go there and hit it. :) Think I will try to do it some more. It was great fun even if it was hard to get it right in th beginning. :)

Today after work I will hit legs together with my girlfriend. She works at the Swedish bureau of economical crimes so she has access to the police gym in the same building. We will go there and hit the legs. Its a very nice gym that has brand new things and there is not very much people in it. Will be nice for once. My regular gym is always smacked up with people. Guess that is how it goes when you live in a big city.

#9 Ludvig78, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  10. Ludvig78

Legs.

Hade a leg session yesterday that was really great. The gym at the police stations is freaking awesome. They got it all. Lots of weights, power racks and the goodies. Did the usual. Squats, deads for hams, leg extensions, leg press and some calvs. Pretty regular but hard as hell as usual. :) Thought I would add my second dips video aswell. Its like body weight plus 80lbs. Was abit high rep but saw it as a warmer for the heavier sets. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPRceje66M

11. Ludvig78

Friend over.

Have a friend over that will stay at me and my girlfriends place over the weekend. Will hit som beer and just relax. Have not been partying at all this summer so now I will hit it. :) Put my self on the scale the other day. Here is a picture of that 95kg! It's about 207 and I don't feel that large or heavy at all. Still in decent shape I think. Here is an update picture of that too. Ok I am not below 10% but its not bad either. Think it might be that I started hitting legs pretty decent. They are still skinny but feel harder and more defined, specially calvs.

Attached Files:

#11 Ludvig78, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  12. Ludvig78

September diet.

In end of august I will plan a serious cut down diet to try to get down to about 190-195. I am 208 in the picture below on a 6'0 height. Don't think my shape is that bad and in these last couple of years I have added more then 1 inch on my arms and alot on my overall size aswell. Think I have pretty good gens considering that I only workout with weights 3 times a week. Think that is my strong point aswell. I absolutly think alot of people do it to much. Problem with the musles is that they grow when you rest and not when you train. Over doing it in the gym will get you injured overtrained with very little gains is my personal opinion. I have done both. Last time I overtrained I lost all my motivation and ended up not traning for two years. Now I listen to the body more. If I feel tired I rather skip a session then do it half hearted. Intensity is the key for me. Intensity for me is not supersetting to get a sick pump. I do the heavy compound exersizes that give most for the money and start the hormon flow in the body. If it lacks in intensity I don't feel like I get anything out of it. I also want to put a work for variation. Don't stick to the same schedule year after year. Change it up every 6-7 weeks and in between add a week of total rest from the gym. For example. Do 6-7 weeks hard in the gym. Then take a week of change the routine and go for another 6-7 weeks and so on. Promise it will take your weight lifting to a new level. :)

13. Ludvig78

Goal for the coming year.

This picture is where I will try to head, not any bigger. Probably won't get there specially not with the pecs, but that is some what what I am aming for. Not bigger.

Attached Files:

• mal.jpg
      mal.jpg
      File size:
      9 KB
      Views:
  14. Ludvig78

Last night session.

Had a great session yesterday. Went there with a newbie friend to give him some pointers and instructions but got some in for myself too. Did my summer maintence session like I use to but upped the intensity a bit. Feel totally drained and waisted today. Almost didn't get out of bed for work this morning. Had pain in every freaking muscles really really bad. Always feels great to get these nice sessions. Need to keep up the good work! ;)

15. Ludvig78

Video update.

Will make some video updates soon on youtube that I will link in here. Would love some more guys to add some videos. Is there any thread on that in here?

regards
    Ludvig

16. Ludvig78

Pb.

Had a great session last night. Did a PB of 6 and 5 reps in dead lifts of about 350 raw (no belt no powerstraps). Will go up to 355 next time since my all my lifts feelt very good. Form was nice and I could lift with an explosive edge. Could have probably done 360 but not gone strech it to hard. Don't feel like busting my back so I will gain slowly and controlled. Goal for this year is to do a 5-6 rep set at 440. Will se if I can hit it or not. :) The guy in the video below is coaching me abit and giving me some pointers no the dead lift side. In this video he does a 3 rep for 595 with great form at a bodyweight of 190 which is just totally sick. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TxN29GGieA

#16 Ludvig78, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  17. Ludvig78

Tried going for 355 i the dead lifts but it was hard and heavy. Did 4 strict reps and then just let it go. Felt that I could not keep the back totally straight and I just don't feel like busting it. Will stick at 355 until it feels more controlled and then I will add another 5 lbs.

Also been hitting hard at the Intermittent Fasting. Really want to make a shout out for that when it comes to diet. It's based on a 8 hour feeding period and a 16 hour fasted period during one whole 24 hour day cycle. For practical reasons I changed it and keep it to about 10 hour feeding and about 14 hour of fasting. Intake is based around the daily activity. On workout days feeding is high on carbs and protein and on off days its lower on carbs and higher on fat and protein. Last 10 days I have probably lost like 5 pounds but I almost never crave and still feel really strong in the gym. The concept it so save the muscle glucos and feed the body when it needs it the most. Cardio levels are also not very high. I run like 2 extra sessions a week and feel totally stoked. Have been down below 10% on a low carb diet but it wasnt too nice. Graving all the time and going weak in the gym. If anyone has a question about this don't be scared to ask. Can garante it works very well and is based on sience.

Legs later on today....goooohhhh!!! ;)

18. Ludvig78

Knee problem.

Will be a short one today. Have some sort of pain in my right knee. Hope its nothing serious. Been hitting the running hard and will take a couple of days of and see if it recovers. Guess my 200+ lbs bodyweight is not optimal for running. :(

19. Ludvig78

Benching Videos

Hi!

Did two benching videos today. Had a friend with me at the gym and figured that I would try to go full out at some sets and see how I manage. In the first video I do a 255lbs for 5 reps. We figured the angle was kinda off so in the second one where I do 265 for 2 reps we changed it and it looks alot better. My benching technique could probably improve alot but never been a big bencher, just like to do it raw and see what I got. *lol*

Below are the links for the videos:

First one 255 lbs for 5 reps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQWPs-ckhg

Second one 265 lbs for 2 reps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iat01kZLdLQ

Feedback please if there is something I can improve and if there is something I actually do decently. ;)

regards
    /L

20. escher

escher Well-Known Member

Hey Ludvig! Good to see you back on here! Holy smokes bud... You've gotten BIG! How big are those arms? Big change from where I last saw ya!