1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lower back on upper or lower body days?

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by seripham4, Feb 5, 2013.

1. seripham4

seripham4 Active Member

I split my workouts up mon/wed upper body (chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps). For back I do mostly weighted pullups and chinups, lat pulldowns, and rows to upper and middle chest. And my lower body on tues/thurs (squats, deadlifts, legpress, hamstring curls, calf raises) with occasional weighted lunges on tues, and thursday is a leg cardio so I do weighted stare climber, incline sprint intervals, bosu ball squats and jumps. I will be adding core work (abs, lower back, waist and hip work) into my routines for overall athleticism and to help with some compressed/bulging discs in the lumbar portion of my spine. I was wondering where to fit this into my days. This schedule fits well for me because I like to hit everything twice a week and I can't commit fri,sat,sun to further split any workouts. I'm allready hitting some lower back on leg days because of squats and deadlifts. But also on upper days because of the rows. I also feel it on my thursdays from the interval sprints (for some reason) and bosu ball squats. So Where would it best fit? Thank you in advance for any comments.

2. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

Why not move deadlifts to back day?

Both deadlifts and squats are major events all by themselves.

3. seripham4

seripham4 Active Member

Because they work the legs so much too.