1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

lots workout, no sweat..

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by citrixmeta, Feb 1, 2004.

1. citrixmeta

citrixmeta Well-Known Member

hello everyone,

first time posting at this site.

heres a little info about myself. i have played all types of sports during my teens, i used to weigh in at around 180lbs back then.

im now at my 20's , married, own a house and have a great career.
    Since i stopped playing sports and my job involves me sitting at an office all day i have gained some serious weight. Lunch time is the usual, mcdonalds MCXTRA combo, with an additional cheeseburger :rolleyes: .i now weigh approx 305lbs. I decided to start losing some pounds when i woke up one morning and my heart was pounding 100 00 00 00 beats a sec and i figured this was not healthy. My friend told me about this site and since then, ive been hooked.

heres some additional info: i have been eating right for the past 2 weeks, i feel like a million bucks, i did not weigh myself yet. :rolleyes:

Problem: i lift weights for approx 25-40 minutes/day... but 1 thing though... i dont sweat!!! is that normal?! i mean, im tired after the workout, my muscles are hurting etc.. but, not 1 drop of sweat...

whats going on?

#1 citrixmeta, Feb 1, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  2. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

intensity is key

3. Maximus

Maximus Guest

Everyone's different when it comes to sweating. Some people sweat more when they first begin working out after many years of living a sedentary lifestyle and others begin to sweat more, the more in-shape they become. I was one of the latter, and I think you are too.

4. Adam_S

Adam_S Well-Known Member

Intensity is a big part of it, I would guess.

I'm in the same boat I just started hitting the gym three weeks ago, and for the most part the only days I broke a sweat was when I was doing an all body exercise (ie squats). However, this last week I've been focusing on intensity--trying to explode the weight upward rather than simply push it and focusing my mind on the contractions in the proper muscles--I noticed when I did this that I started getting a light sweat when doing my back day and then later in the week my chest day. I'm normally a heavy sweating guy, My back will be drenched after 8m minutes of moderate cardio with my heart rate only moderately elevated so this was concerning me at first, but I"m not worried, using max ot principles, I rest so much that sweating doesn't seem a necessary indicator of an effective workout.

5. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

I agree with Adam_S. It would have to be 80 degrees in the gym for me to get a sweat going from lifting weights. The exception are squats and dead lifts; Normally those type of exercises that leave me gasping for air when I am done.

I do cardio to feel a sweat.

I really hate living up North. They keep the gyms here cold in the winter. Takes me 10 mintues of cardio before I feel the first beads of sweat. My hands are still cold from coming from the outside. I think I will be moving back to Florida in a couple years for sure.

6. seeDerekNow

seeDerekNow Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. Hardly break a sweat when lifting but sweat like a sloth when performing cardio. I'm trying to focus for on intensity for my lifting sessions to maximize the energy burned during my workout.

7. Teg4e

Teg4e Well-Known Member

Don't worry about sweating as an indicator of working your muscles properly. I've made some decent gains from weight lifting in the past, and I barely sweat at all during some workouts. However, doing heavy back lifts and legs does get my heart pumping and some sweat. On the other hand, I sweat like a pig when doing cardio. I think it all depends on what kind of body you have. Some of us sweat a lot, others just a little. There are many important indicators of a good set, and I wouldn't include sweating as one of them.

8. citrixmeta

citrixmeta Well-Known Member

great! thx for the info everyone!

im going into my 3rd week of proper eating... i will be posting my before/after pix soon

:tu: