1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lose 3lbs a week until August

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by mustbesix, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

4/05/08 - 365 lbs
    4/12/08 - 359 lbs
    4/19/08 - 355.5 lbs

Total this week - 3.5 pounds

2. Echo

Echo Active Member

Well i'm at 230.6 this morning but i haven't worked out in a week. My diet has been pretty good though. I've been kinda wondering if my thyroid is out of wack..... I sleep for almost 12 hours on my off days and i'm always cold...... I'm going to try and force myself up after 8 hours and do some early morning LISS and see if that helps...

3. Bambam07

Bambam07 Well-Known Member

WEEK 7 Update

Starting Weight 230 lbs
    End of week 1 Weight- 225 lbs
    End of Week 2 Weight- 222
    End of Week 3 Weight- 217
    End of Week 4 Weight- 214
    End of Week 5 Weight- 212
    End of Week 6 Weight- 209
    End of Week 7 Weight- 208

Weight loss for week 7: 1 lb

Ok I finally hit that week where I did not lose much. I knew it was coming- it always does. I wish I could do the body fat thing but my wife is never around in the mornings (work) but maybe the YMCA can do it. One thing I am changing right away is my sodium intake. I eat jerky everyday and also used a lot of canned products. I am eliminating jerky (1400 grams of sodium per my serving) and went with the no salt added tomatoes and frozen spinach instead of canned. I lost another inch off the waist so I know I am overall fine, just need a little tweaking. Next week look for 3 lbs again!!

4. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

4/05/08 - 365 lbs
    4/12/08 - 359 lbs
    4/19/08 - 355.5 lbs
    4/26/08 - 350 lbs

Weight loss this week - 5.5 lbs

5. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Week 0: 266
    Week 1: 266
    Week 2: 266
    Week 3: 261.5
    Week 4: didn't weight
    Week 5: 264
    Week 6: 262
    Week 7: 262

This week: -0 lbs

Total: -4
    lbs

6. Bambam07

WEEK 8 Update

Starting Weight 230 lbs
    End of Week 8 Weight- 205

Weight loss for week 8: 3 lb

I took out of salt this week from jerky and certain canned veggies. It seemed to do the trick. Back to 3lb loss. 6 more lbs till I am out of the 200's!!!

7. Bambam07

Good Stuff Man!!

8. Bambam07

Whats your plan this week Bro?? We are getting 3 lbs out of you this week if I have to come there and take a limb. hehe - seriously man what are you going to do this week differently??

9. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Starve myself, but seriously my problem is with eating shit food. I don't like to cook, and I don't like to take my lunch to work with me. Basically it boils down to me being lazy & undisciplined. I must not want to succeed badly enough because I keep sabotaging myself. I know everything I need to do and how to do it, but the actual doing it part is where I keep stumbling. I doubt anyone has any tips on being self disciplined, but I'd love to know them if they are out there.

10. Bambam07

Believe me man, I guarantee we all know the buzz words, motivational quotes, and books to read because we have and continue to all been there. I have been over weight since I was about 12- it certaintly was not bad then but that is when I started to "diet" and such. When I was about your age (that sounds weird like it was 30 years ago haha) I went from 204 to 165. I was not toned yet, but I finally did it. I was so in the zone, eating salads with nothing but lemon and spending hours in the gym a day. Then right before I really got into it and starting working on single digit body fat I just simply lost it and put on 30 lbs in 2 months and I still can not tell you why!! That is why I asked you back in the day about your real motivation and find out why you sabatage yourself. For me, it was about protection. The fat protected me. When things went bad, or people left me, it was the fat that did it not me. When I started to lose the fat, those feelings started to creep up and believe me, it would have been easy to grab a burger and shut the feelings down, but then it would never change- I would never change. Is it easy- of course not- thats why this country is 60% overweight. You do not eat because it taste good - you eat it because it makes you feel good. If you do not face your issues, you will continue to self medicate. We all do it man- look at the forums to see. Smokers, Alcoholics, Overeaters, - its all about self-medicating the pain we all have and want to avoid. Whew- sorry for the rant!!

11. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

You pretty much nailed it. When I was 18 I went from 235 to 185 and stayed there a couple of years. Then I got comfortable with where I was and it creeped back on all the way to 270. Then I went from about 260 to 220 in the first part of last year. Then back to where I am now and I've been here for 7 months just toiling around doing nothing productive, but still pretending that I'm trying. I'm not really trying, it just makes me feel better to say that I'm trying not to be fat even though I'm putting forth no real effort.

I know I can do it because I've done it in the past, but my mindset was completely different. The problem is I don't know how to get that mindset back, and even if I can get it back for a few months I'm wondering if it will even do any good because nothing in my past suggests I will keep it up.

12. Bambam07

I know what you mean- I remember being in the groove of eating crap and not caring about exercising and stuff, and thinking how much I hated looking the way I did but seeing no way to change it- it seemed impossible to have that "healthy lifestyle" from where I was sitting. Believe me I am still no where near being healthy- but I think putting in 13 weeks straight has made it a habit. Even if I do not eat perfect I still hit the gym. In the end doing anything is better do nothing. Maybe one issue is you are trying too hard to be perfect. All or nothing is too much pressure. Take it day by day, and give yourself more credit. Everyday give your best and use these forums for motivation. Remember even 20 % better is better- it will not amount to 50lb a year but it will also not result in 50 weight gain.

13. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

You're probably right. Instead of beating myself down when I screw up, maybe I should focus more on not repeating them. The hardest part is always the first couple of weeks and I just need to get myself going. After that it's like a snowball effect when I get in a good routine.

14. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Weekly check in:

Week 0: 266
    Week 1: 266
    Week 2: 266
    Week 3: 261.5
    Week 4: didn't weight
    Week 5: 264
    Week 6: 262
    Week 7: 264
    Week 8: 262
    Week 9: 258.5

This week: -3.5 lbs

Total: -7.5
    lbs

**edit** I just realized that I was missing a week when looking at everyone else's update. We're on week 9, not 8. I went back and found that I was missing Week 7. I updated everything so things should be corret.

#94 mustbesix, May 3, 2008
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  15. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

4/05/08 - 365 lbs
    4/12/08 - 359 lbs
    4/19/08 - 355.5 lbs
    4/26/08 - 350 lbs
    5/03/08 - 355 lbs

This week = +5

I know that looks bad but its pretty much water. I have government inspections this coming Tuesday and this last week I have been preparing for it. Then I am going to hit it hard again.

16. Bambam07

That is what I am talking about- good stuff man. Much props!!

17. Bambam07

WEEK 9 Update

Starting Weight 230 lbs
    End of Week 8 Weight- 205
    End of Week 9 Weight- 206

Weight loss for week 9: Gained 1 lb

I was sick for 2 days and had zero energy for the rest of the week so no gym pretty much the whole time. It happens- next week look for my 4-5 lb weight loss to balance this out.

18. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Thanks man. I'm feeling really good about my progress this week, but the same thing happened between week 2 & 3. The real key though is where I go from here. The worst of it is I have family coming to town Wednesday so I'll be incredibly stoked if I can be at 255 next week. It's going to take some serious will power to get there.

19. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Good job man. Even though you gained a pound you still have the right attitude. I'd probably be down on myself, but you know you're not going to let one bad week derail you.

Here's hoping for 4lbs gone for everyone by our next check in. :gl:

20. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I've been away from my house all weekend so I'm going to have to weigh in tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll post it as soon as I know something, but I can't imagine it will be a good week considering I've had 3 straight "off the wagon" days. I'm not happy about doing bad, but I can't really ignore family obligations.