1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lose 3lbs a week until August

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by mustbesix, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Was wondering if I could join this challenge? My goal is at least 3 pounds a week.

2. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Everyone is welcome as far as I'm concerned. Just post your progress for the week every Saturday.

3. Bambam07

Bambam07 Well-Known Member

Apolon- Welcome man!!! Post weight tomorrow and good luck!!

4. Bambam07

WEEK 5 Update

Starting Weight 230 lbs
    End of week 1 Weight- 225 lbs
    End of Week 2 Weight- 222
    End of Week 3 Weight- 217
    End of Week 4 Weight- 214
    End of Week 5 Weight- 212
    Weight loss for week 4: 2 lbs

Down only 2 but down is down right??!!! Looking to hear from everyone else!! Good luck guys!

5. Echo

Echo Active Member

Today's weight: 231 lbs down 5 from start.....

6. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me in.

My initial weigh-in today was 365 lbs. Hoping to clean my diet up real good this week, get my calories under control and post some 3-4 pound a week losses continually.

4/5/08 - 365

7. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Week 0: 266
    Week 1: 266
    Week 2: 266
    Week 3: 261.5
    Week 4: didn't weight
    Week 5: 264

This week: + 2.5 lbs

Total: -2
    lbs

If it weren't for this challenge I would quit weighing myself. It's frustrating to see the scale stay the same or go up. I have been going to gym on a regular schedule and it seems
    I'm always sore from my workouts. I feel that my diet has been decent, but I haven't been counting calories. I've run the #s on my meals in the past, but I guess I've got to start being strict on the verge of paranoid if I am going to see results.

8. Bambam07

The scale is always a pain- you could be doing better then you think - maybe you are losing fat, and gaining muscle? The scale can not tell you that. As far as counting calories some would say you must do that-I say its way too annoying. Have you ever heard of the muscle nerd?? He has a program called Combat the Fat which for $40 I found to be well worth it. www.combatthefat.com - He has a good nutrition plan that does not count calories, and the workouts are awesome. He is having a 12 week contest now that I am apart of. I mean I would suggest SGX as well, but it is a little pricier. Keep me posted man. I am not letting you give up so do not even concider it.

9. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Right after I posted this I took measurements. In the last two weeks it says I've gained 5 lbs of muscle and lost 2 lbs of fat. I'm sure there is plenty of room for error considering my lack of measuring skills, but I still feel a little better. Either way, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing while trying to get my diet better and better. I'm really enjoying the workouts and I feel better so I'm not going to beat myself up too much over the scale weight.

10. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Keep at it man. I hit a wall myself but my clothes are way loose, and one I couldn't wear are fitting now.

11. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Week 5.3 check in.
    Time to step on those scales and see how we did. :bb:

Big Simon
    Starting Weight
    261.2 lbs
    End of week 1 weight 258.2 lbs
    Weight loss for week 5: 3 lbs

Late I know but I got a note from my wife so I'm ok right? I was in Northern Minnesota where internet access was very limited. I hit my 3lb and -40lb goal last week which is a great week in my books.

Keep at it everyone 1lb or 5 lbs it doesn't matter every little bit goes a long way when added together!

12. Bambam07

WEEK 6 Update

Starting Weight 230 lbs
    End of week 1 Weight- 225 lbs
    End of Week 2 Weight- 222
    End of Week 3 Weight- 217
    End of Week 4 Weight- 214
    End of Week 5 Weight- 212
    End of Week 6 Weight- 209

Weight loss for week 6: 3 lbs

Down 3 lbs this week- Very excited to see that "0" after the "2"- next month the "2" will be gone!! I am looking forward to see your guy's progress!!!

13. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

4/05/08 - 365 lbs
    4/12/08 - 359 lbs

Total this week - 6 pounds

Had my cheat meal home made pizza tonight. It was DELICIOUS! :drool:
    Was proud of my first pizza cooked in a long time. Had a great week in the gym doing HIIT cardio and did not once have a monster energy or stray from my diet. It shows in the poundage too. I bumped my calories up alot higher so I wouldn't burn muscle. This week I am going to be hitting the gym hard back on weights. Keep the good numbers coming guys!

14. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Week 6: 262

This week: -2 lbs

Total: -4
    lbs

I'm adding LISS cardio. I think it will help jump start things. I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5 am but that's life.

15. Bambam07

Good job guys!!
    Getting up gets easier with time. Now I have trouble sleeping past 6am when I used to sleep in till 10. LISS I think sets up the whole day too. Who wants a burger when they had to get up at 5am to get on the bike- f-that!! Good luck next week guys!!

16. Echo

Echo Active Member

233 today..... But i've had the flu for 5 days now...... Here's to hoping it passes soon!

17. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Don't press it man, this has been a bad cold season where I live and myself was sick 3 times bad this winter. Give the body some rest then kick some butt in the gym.

:bb::bb::bb:

18. Kiel

Kiel Active Member

My current goal is 192lb by Aug. 17 (my 25th Birthday). Here are my current stats:

Currently: 224.8lb
    Goal: 192lb by Aug-17 '08
    Started: 234lb on Mar-13 '08

19. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

First I'll say congrats on your progress thus far. Ideally I'd like to be 190-200 by my birthday in August, but I'm probably kidding myself considering I'd need to average about 5lbs a week to get there. Oh well, I'm going to keep at it.

20. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Week 6: 262
    Week 7: 264

This week: +2 lbs

Total: -2
    lbs

I'm taking this reading with a grain of salt. I am two pounds heavier, but I weighed after I went to the gym this morning so I've already had quite a bit of water and some food. I've also sweat out some so I'm not real sure about where I stand, but I'm going out of town and will be doing some partying this weekend so I wanted to make sure I got something posted today.