1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lose 3lbs a week until August

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by mustbesix, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Bambam07

Bambam07 Well-Known Member

Why do you want to lose weight? The real reason. If you are anything like me, you have been trying to lose weight for years but never really knowing why besides health, and smaller clothes and all that. What is the deep down reason, and even harder to answer, what is the deep down reason that keeps sabotaging your efforts? Try answering this because it might unveil the real motivation and once you get that, a bus could not stop you!!

2. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Week 3 check in.
    Time to step on those scales and see how we did. :bb:

Big Simon
    Starting Weight
    266.4 lbs
    End of week 1 weight 262.4 lbs
    Weight loss for week 1: 4.0 lbs

Not a great week but not bad considering that I wasn't able to sleep for three of the 5 nights. I'm now only 4lbs away from my 40lb goal which I really hope to hit this coming week.

3. Mahke

Mahke Active Member

Good work guys.

I am in the middle of moving flats at the moment (yes, was last minute...) so everything's on hold until I'm settled again. I plan to start road running soon (the treadmill bores me) in the mornings, and hopefully will soon be back at the gym and taekwondo. A trip to Australia begins in 4 weeks, which will be 3 weeks of relaxation and weight gain I'm sure :lol:

4. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

After two weeks of spinning my wheels and being lazy I finally got off my ass and took some positive steps.

Week 0: 266
    Week 1: 266
    Week 2: 266
    Week 3: 261.5

This week: -4.5lbs

March:
    -4.5lbs

5. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

GOOD JOB!!:tu::tu:

6. Bambam07

Starting Weight 230 lbs
    End of week 1 Weight 225 lbs
    End of Week 2 Weight- 222
    End of Week 3 Weight- 217!!!!
    Weight loss for week 3: 5 lbs

Down 23 since February- I am surprised I pulled a 5 this late in the game, but that scale is unpredictable!! Good job everyone- we are getting there. Its going to be close this month!!

7. Bambam07

Mustbesix- Good stuff man!! Way to get back on the horse!!

"Never, Never, Never give up"
    - Churchhill

8. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Thanks Simon! You're doing quite well for yourself too. We're almost dead even now.

You were really motivating BamBam. Just asking if there was any way to help me get motivated actually helped, but the post about finding my real motivation was huge for me. I had to do a lot of thinking, but I'm more motivated and focussed than I've been in almost a year. I'm still not perfect, but I finally feel like I'm finally headed slowly back uphill after a long downhill slide.

9. Bambam07

Mustbesix- Man that is awesome- I am so pysched I could help. I know finding my motivation turned it from simply losing weight to gaining my life back- losing weight is nice but gaining a life makes those burgers and fries not have the pull they once had!! Keep it up man. This gang here is going to all get together and post one huge before and after thread!!!

10. Echo

Echo Active Member

Grr.. I'm back up to 235 after a huge easter meal.... I'm hoping to be down to 225 or so by the end of the month.... But i'm going to gather my pictures to put up for my avatar agreement........ I'm pretty sure i've lost out this month.... I would have to chop off a limb to catch up. Maybe i'll be more motivated now. Good progress everyone!

11. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

BamBam is a great motivator so I'll steal the advice he gave that helped me. Sit down and think about what is the real reason you want to lose weight. He said it better than me so read his post about it on this page, and hopefully it will help you too because it really helped me.

12. Big_Simon

Big_Simon Active Member

Week 4 check in.
    Time to step on those scales and see how we did. :bb:

Big Simon
    Starting Weight
    262.4 lbs
    End of week 1 weight 261.2 lbs
    Weight loss for week 1: 1.2 lbs

This week was total garbage for me, I didn't sleep much my diet was good but my body just went wild. I gained and lost a total of 6 lbs this week but in the end just 1.2 came off my final number.

Sad... but what the hell at least it's something. :whistle:

13. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I had a pretty good week of working out. Probably the best I've had in almost a year. I'm actually still sore from Thursday. My diet was also pretty good, but last night was the night I cheated instead of my usual Saturday or Sunday.:o I feel fat and bloated this morning so I'm not even going to weigh myself. I think I would just feel discouraged. I'll just concede this week and month.

14. Bambam07

Next week, eat your cheat after you weigh in. I promise it will taste better!! :-)

15. Bambam07

Starting Weight 230 lbs
    End of week 1 Weight 225 lbs
    End of Week 2 Weight- 222
    End of Week 3 Weight- 217
    End of Week 4 Weight- 214
    Weight loss for week 4: 3 lbs

Weight loss for March- 16lbs

Wow- It will be tough to keep this up for another month, but I will surely be trying!! Lets make April huge guys!!!

16. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

That's what I did last week and it worked pretty well. I'm actually thinking about cutting out cheating completely. I feel like I'm doing 2 steps forward and 1 step back every time I eat something unhealthy. With this kind of challenge it's pretty hard to have the success I want with cheating.

17. Bambam07

Now this is one man's opinion so take it as such. When you are 9 % BF and want to see what 5-6% looks like skip your cheat. When you need to lose 20 lbs quick to fit into your tux for your wedding, skip the cheat. However when you are simply (I know its nothing simple about it- maybe the point I am making) trying to lose weight and you have months and months of working hard and eating well to get there, there are two important things that need a cheat meal. First- your mind. Good tasty food is everywhere and it turns up even more when you are trying to eat good- you know what I am saying so cheating will put your mind at ease. Second- your body. I have read countless times from real experts in the field saying your body needs the cheat, especially during a "diet". Your body tends to fight weight loss especially as you get closer to your goal, and in order to trick the body into thinking its not in danger of starving you have to (oh the humanity) eat that cheesburger and fries. Just remember to keep it to one meal, once a week. Losing weight is tough- we all in this challenge know it better then some- do not make it tougher bro!! Oh there was actully statisics showing how people who had the cheat meal lost 9% MORE weight then those that didn't so.... simply weigh yourself first and enjoy bro. And remember Never, Never, Never quit!!

PS- I eat a cheat meal every single week- Its the easiest part of my plan. :-)

18. Echo

Echo Active Member

Grumble.... I'm at 235 today..... averaged out it's 1 pound lost. However, I really wasn't "into" it this month..... Maybe I will be this month.... BTW: I'm taking 3 avatar picures and I'll let the winner for last month now decide which one to put up... Hehe. Maybe that will help motivate me!

19. Echo

Echo Active Member

Yeah, the losing avatar is up...... hmmm Maybe i'll try a little harder this month! I'm down 4 in the past 2 days though! This months goal is a modest 220... 16 pounds in a month... however I'm sure 6 of that is water bloat so that makes it a simple 2 pounds a week..... We'll see. Anythig under 220 will be an accomplishment!

20. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Hmm...kinda forgot about the whole avatar stuff. Who won?