1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lose 20 lbs by February 9th

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by hoursofwealth, Nov 29, 2011.

1. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

Hey everyone,

From December 1st to Feburary 9th is 10 weeks. Who wants to join me in this challenge!?

I'll be posting my start weight on Thursday morning.

2. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

Weight (as of this morning): 204.6lbs
    Goal weight: 184.6lbs

Body fat percentage (from the scale): 25.6%

I'm sure my scale isn't the most accurate way of measuring body fat however I left my measuring tape at home, so until Dec 23rd this is what I'll be using :p.

Hopefully, a few others join me in this challenge!

3. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm going to be able to lose 20, but I'll be with you and watching. I'm in the 191 challenge and have started the last few 20 lbs challenges.

4. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

It's awesome that you don't have to enter this challenge. Thanks for the post though, and I'll keep an eye out on your challenge as well!

5. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

That's not what I was saying:

I'll join and support you, post updates, etc.

I don't think I'll lose 20 lbs. I bust my ass and haven't lost much weight in the past two months (after going from 270 to 200).

I created the previous three 20 lbs challenge threads. They were all two month challenges. Thank you for taking the torch.

6. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

Oops my bad. Dropping 70 lbs is extremely impressive though, congrats and good luck in busting through this plateau.

7. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Alright. Dammit. I'm in. November was a rough month for me, so I think I need this. I didn't weigh in on the first due to a hospital stay overnight with my daughter on an IV drip. My weight the day before was 231.0 and 232.0 the day after, so I'm going to split the difference and call my start weight 231.5 lbs.

Goal weight on February 9th: 211.5 lbs

Here we go again...

:dance:

8. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

Glad to see you join the challenge Lenny!

I hope everything is alright with your daughter.

9. TonySoprano

TonySoprano Active Member

I'm in

I went from 247 to 225 to 177 at my lowest...but summer came and u went back up to 194

I'm 190 right now and my goal for around that time period is about the same

I will be doing a variation of p90x and trying my best to diet while working retail hours in Christmas season

My biggest weakness is not preparing my meals before hand and then giving in abc eating mall food

My ultimate goal is 160
    I'm 6ft with a medium frame and I promised myself I will not go on my next Vegas vacation in June unless I'm proud of taking my shirt off at the pool ;p

10. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Your'e right those scales that use a small electrical circuit to read your bodyfat % are about as reliable as ouija board. I bought one 3-4 years ago and not matter what I do, it always reads somewhere between 18-19%.

In fact here is a a link of my pictures from earlier this year. My scale gave me a reading that morning of 19.4%. I only use the scale for my weight and use a three point caliper reading for my BF%. On this same day, I used my calipers and took three different 3 point measurements and averaged them. They came out to 12.3%. I definitely wouldn't rely on them one way or the other, but I do wish you the best of luck in meeting your goals.

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=51818&highlight=TSM+Mauidude

11. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

Thanks Mauidude.

I completely agree, it's pretty funny when I initially bought the scale a little while back I didn't realize it "measured" body fat percentage lol.

12. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

Weight (as of Dec 8th): 204.6
    Weight loss this week: 0 lbs
    Total weight loss: 0 lbs

13. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Alright. Dammit. I can't skip out on this with you in on it. I need help staying motivated and you've (knowingly or not) done this in the past.

I'm in. Weighing in tomorrow morning and will post my weight here. Thanks Danny for keeping these going...

JB

14. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

As always, I am happy to be a personal demon for you, JB. :lol:

I had a company Christmas party to attend this past week, so my weigh in is not the best, but I am cutting my intake a lot more than I have recently. I am thinking I'll be around 2400-2500 calories per day for a week or two and see how I feel. I've been yo-yo-ing in the 220-230 pound range for the last 2 months while taking in 3000-3200 kcal/day.

I had really good results when I was around 2400-2600 kcal before, so I want to see if I can manage that again without noticeably changing my performance in the gym or my energy levels. So far, I haven't had the best results for this challenge, but I am on track...

Start Weight: 231.5 lbs.
    Today's Weight: 228.6 lbs.
    Total Change: 2.9 lbs.
    Goal: 211.5 lbs
    To Go: 17.1 lbs. & 8.5 weeks

:D

15. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Back on track with a Thursday weigh in:

Today's Weight: 223.4 lbs.
    Total Change: 8.1 lbs.
    To Go: 11.9 lbs. & 8 weeks

Yeah, I know... it seems crazy for me to drop that much weight so quickly. I am pretty sure that my start weight was padded with something like 4 or 5 pounds of water weight...

16. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

Boys I think I'll jump in on this, how many days? 31 in Jan plus 9 in Feb plus another 14 in December.

54 days to lose 9 kilos, that's doable!

My only downside is:

I'm away on vacation from 23rd of December to the 3rd of January, then it's my birthday the 7th of January then it's Chinese New Year on the 24th til the 30th of January.

It's ok though, on vacation I can bike ride, swim, walk and just generally cardio it whilst eating clean.

For my birthday no alcohol then no alcohol for spring festival, although I KNOW I will be stuffed when I visit my friends family!

Start weight was around 106[yesterday the scales said 105.8 today 106.6 so I'm not sure, I'll just say around 106] - which is roughly 233.2 lbs so I need to get down to 213.2lbs! Doable!

17. hoursofwealth

hoursofwealth Member

Weight (as of Dec 16) - 201 lbs
    Weight loss this week - 3.6 lbs
    Total weight loss - 3.6 lbs

18. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

I joined late but I could do this!

Start date[started my whole cutting] on 15th of December , start weight - 234.9
    Current weight [morning of 20th of December] - 228.8

So I'm down 6.1lbs in 6 days already :)

19. David87

David87 Member

Hey I'm a little late also but I'm in. I started my weight loss on December 1st anyways.

December 1st weight - 218.3lbs
    December 23rd weight - 203.3lbs

I'm aiming for 180lbs for March 1st!

20. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Today's update:

Today's Weight: 221.4 lbs.
    Total Change: 10.1 lbs.
    To Go: 9.9 lbs. & 6 weeks, 5 days

cruisin'