1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new home gym?

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by Wherebob, May 11, 2007.

1. Wherebob

Wherebob Active Member

Finally the welds on my old home gym (Image 516V) have broke. I had it for 17 years so I feel I got my $ out of it. Anyway I have a question about buying new home gym. Buying online, good or bad? I have found a Bodycraft Galena Pro home gym online, no tax, free shipping, lifetime warranty on everything with no exceptions. With the leg press its around $1500. Seems like a good deal and has everything I need on it.
    Here's the link
    Super Gym's Fitness Club Warehouse
    Opinions? Suggestions? BodyCraft good stuff?

2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Looks like typical "home gym" quality stuff... I've seen a lot of these configurations. My biggest concern would be the single weight stack... how much total weight is available? They usually use some kind of pulley system to "multiply" the weight for exercises like leg press... and that one looks pretty complicated (lots of serpentines under the bench). All that being said, $1500 seems high for a piece of equipment like that... I'd value it at around a grand. Have you looked on CraigsList for something local to your area?

3. Kenpo Fist

Kenpo Fist Well-Known Member

I agree with PhillyDude on this one. $1500 is a bit much for that setup. I havent heard great things about the Bodycraft line of products its the BodySolid line that seems to be of higher quality.

You got a good 17 years out of your old gym, there's been a lot of very good advancements in home gyms since then. I'd recommend you purchase from a retail store where you can see, touch, feel, and work out on a gym to see how you like it before purchasing. Im not to keen on purchasing something this big and epensive via the net.

If you're looking to spend $1500, I would suggest looking at Parabody, Powertec, Hoist or similar names, you cant go wrong with these.

4. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

BodySolid is a great piece of equipment and equal to the Bodycraft but better looking. I like the BodySolid G5S. This is supposedly their best selling gym machine model.
    http://www.bodysolid.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=357&ItemLabel=G5S%3a+Body-Solid+G5S+Home+Gym

Try it at the store, and then buy it on line from a place like Fitnessfactory.com. etc.. You save transportation ,tax , and it is $500-$600 less then the BosySolid website.that way. I tried the BodyCraft Xpress Pro and didn't like it anywhere near as much as the BodySolid.

5. Wherebob

Wherebob Active Member

Thanks for the replies everyone.

6. Jrrhotrod

Jrrhotrod Active Member

hey Bob
    Here is my 2 cents
    If you are considering bodycraft you may be familiar with the K1
    I bought the K1 from Super Gym and got my best deal at 1499 delivered but that was before the price jump. they did deal with me a little on price it was original 1699. I did a ton of searching for reviews or opinions on the k1 before i bought but there wasnt any out there and there is still very little writeups on any of the bodycraft machines.I also did alot of research on other machines as well and I finally decided to go ahead and try out the K1 as super gym supposedly has a money back guarantee if you dont like the machine but I loved it seems very well built and it just fit height wise in my basement which alot of other types of gym equipment wouldnt. Also it comes with lifetime warranty from bodycraft I am not sure what that warranty Supergym is adding to it does as I have yet to need to use it . It sounds like a joke along with there free nutrion for life program but maybe not I have not used either so Im just assuming it was to help sell the stuff.

Jrrhotrod

7. Wherebob

Wherebob Active Member

Yeah I looked at it, really nice machine. I the only thing is there is not a leg press attachment option and I need a leg press as well.

8. Jrrhotrod

Jrrhotrod Active Member

If you are talking about the K1 you can get the leg press att. for it Mine has the mounts for it but I just dont have the room for it. I have seen alot of nice machines since I bought mine, but back then It seemed like the best machine for the money and of course there are things that I would change on it but It is also so easy to go from one exercise to the next. I have yet to double up on the cables but its nice knowing its there I do believe the leg press can also get doubled up to 400lbs. since your interested in the leg press att. .
    Anyway good luck on finding a new gym

Jrrhotrod

9. Wherebob

Wherebob Active Member

Well just bought the BodyCraft Xpress Pro with leg press. Now I have to wait a week or so for delivery.

[​IMG]

10. Jrrhotrod

Jrrhotrod Active Member

Congrats looks like a sweet machine. Let us know how you like it.:claphigh: