1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lo0p's New Life

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Lo0p, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Wow! First time I couldn't finish 4 sets. These are 4 or 5 sets of 20 barbell back squats:

[​IMG]

I actually did 20, 20 and 18 @ 205 then backed off and did 20 @ 135 tonight (week 13). Notice how the reps/load keeps on going up in spite of the fact that I'm on a diet. SGX rulez :bow:

edit: And this was the only time I can recall ever being happy not being able to finish a workout properly. I was happy that that 4x20x205 kicked my ass, I'll try it again next week! :nod:

#61 Lo0p, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  2. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

Holy shit!! :eek: I mean: wow.

#62 Maya, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  3. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

:D

Those are just the midway pictures...I'm not done yet!! :bb: I had a bit of a setback with some massive carb cravings in the middle of the night and a few days of binge eating. I'm fully recovered and even a bit leaner now. I've had a head cold for about a week and I think it's helping me because I'm not waking up at 2am all coo-coo for cocoa puffs! :lol:

I cut out a second cardio session on days off training too. I'm not getting diminished returns yet and I still have ample headroom in my diet to lower calories even more if needed. I don't think I'll need to though, my weight vacillates between 160-165 and when I started (one month before my before picture) I weighed 167-170.

So I've only dropped a few pounds and obviously added metabolically active tissue. I'm guessing I'm burning more calories now than when I started.

Maybe new pics tomorrow...maybe... :cool:

4. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Okay so I was shopping at WinCo yesterday, it's the kind of discount grocery store where you bag your own groceries. I happened upon a giant bin full of whole beef tenderloins for $3.78/lb!!.

Filet mignon is pretty lean and happens to fit into the low carb portion of my diet perfectly but I could never justify the cost, which is normally around $10-15/lb. So I bought two whole tenderloins for $36 instead of oh..say $100.

So now I'm eating filet mignon at least twice a day for the next week or two... :eat:

5. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Welcome back and crazy progress in 40 days. Keep it up buddy.

6. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Thanks Foley! Last time I saw you weren't you just a skinny(er) little English kid? :flex: Lookin' good man!

So I got my 4x20x205 back squat this week :D Going for 5x20 this Thursday.

I'm not skipping workouts or cardio and I'm getting stronger by the week. But I can't stop CHEATING!!! :bang: I'm dilly-dallying and getting nowhere because of it!

So I'm issuing myself a mini-challenge. 14 days with no cheat meals no exceptions! Starting today! I will be done on Sunday the 21st and that is when I will have my first cheat meal.

I will check in here every morning to report the previous days adherence. Oh! And weight, I'll weigh in every morning too. Weight is much less important to me but I've been meaning to get into a habit of keeping track of it anyway.

:spank:

7. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Day 1: Done. I think my goal is going to be abs visible while not flexing them...in 14 days...:lol: We'll see. If not, I'll have my SINGLE cheat meal when I'm done and then do another 7 days and see what happens.

Weight: 161.2
    Waist: 32"

Front Relaxed:
    [​IMG]

Front Flexed:
    [​IMG]

Side:
    [​IMG]

This is after two zero carb ('cept veggies) days so I'll expect my weight to be up a pound or two tomorrow morning.

Workouts today:

45 min LISS (done)

Tonight:

4x8 BB Rows
    4x8 Lat Downs
    4x10 Deads (@ 195, new PR attempt)
    4x20 Shrugs

:bb:

8. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

This will be my motivation:

[​IMG]

This is me (pumped, obviously :flex:) last Tuesday. I'm visualizing what this will look like with a point and a half less BF on it. :mad:

Can he do it....? Is he gonna wuss out? :confused:

9. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Lunch today:

[​IMG]

Filet mignon, avocado, sauteed asparagus and red cabbage. Why would you want to cheat??
    :eat:

10. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Day 2: Done.

Weight: 159.4 (?? Had my allotted 160 grams of carbs last night, meh I stopped trying to understand the scale years ago. This is tied with a new low for this cut.)
    BF: Dunno, sub-10% (BIA says 23.3% :lol:)
    Waist: 31.5"

Missed my PR last night, ended up doing 4x10,10,10,8 for deads. I'll get it next week. Workout was brutal, felt like I had no energy.

Today:
    45 min LISS

Tonight:
    Chest/Abs

#70 Lo0p, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  11. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Just spent some time reading your through through your journal and I will say I am quite impressed with your motivation and dedication at such a young age. Sounds like you've had some very serious physical/medical problems, but have persevered. That takes a lot of hard work mentally and physically to do that. :claphigh: You are to be commended for it. I'm going to look forward to watching your progress.

What part of Sac are you in? I lived there for a brief time in 2004-05. My ex still lives there and my youngest son just moved back there to re-acquaint himself with his mom. (She bailed when he was 15 and I raised him on my own for the next three years. He's 20 now.) They live in Granite Bay and he is looking for a job and wanting to get into MMA and has looked at a gym that does Brazilian Jiu Jiutsu in Rocklin.

If you have any recommendations for him in that area, I'd appreciate your input.

BTW, if you ever make it to Maui, your welcome to come and train at my gym. I've offered that to some others here at JSF, but so far no takers. I don't blame them. Who wants to work out when you're on vacation and can lie on the beach? :lol:

12. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

The curveballs life throws at you... :mad: I've learned to not take anything for granted anymore that's for sure! :bow: Thank you. Honestly though, I owe my life to a couple of very brilliant doctors and big huge dose of sheer luck at exactly the right moment. I'm not sure I really had much to do with it.

That area is about a half hour north of me right now. I'm in the foothills about 35 minutes southeast of Sac. I've lived all around this town though. I don't know of any good gym's in that area specifically.

Heh... If I ever make it to Maui! I absolutely will take you up on that offer...if I ever make it to Maui that is!!! :nod:

13. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Day 3: Done.

Weight: 159.8

Today:
    45 min LISS

Tonight:
    Rest

14. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

A well deserved rest man...

You have been destroying it! :claplow:

15. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Thanks!! And like I said before, it's great to see the same ol' crew around here!

Day 4: Done. I've been at a lower BF% before, in my avatar I think I was 150 lbs. In the final photos a couple pages back I think it was the same day I took the picture for my avatar. But this time I'm definitely carrying a couple more lbs. of LBM. This is shocking to me considering what I've been through in the last couple of years.

Weight: 158.0

Today:
    45 min LISS

Tonight:
    Legs

Gonna attempt 5x20x205 barbell back squats today. I don't feel great about it. I haven't cheated on my diet and I get the feeling that's where a lot of my energy has been coming from.

16. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

I had acute cholecystitis and had to have my gall bladder removed. They had to treat it for a week with antibiotics to get the swelling down enough to remove it laproscopically. Otherwise they would have had to convert to an open cholecystectomy which includes a large incision in the abdominal wall.

I spent 10 days on IV dilaudid 2mg every 2 hours and oral oxycodone 10-20 mg every 4 hours (24/7, no sleeping) and it still didn't kill the pain. That is an ungodly amount of narcotics.

The surgery went well. I'm getting my sutures taken out today.

The swelling is still pretty bad around my belly button and they put an incision right on one of my abs... lol Still, much better than an open abdominal surgery. The surgeon said I should be able to get back into the gym next week. :claphigh:

17. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Got the staples taken off my tummy yesterday. Surgeon said I could get back into the gym whenever I felt like it. I feel pretty tired and week. Some minor pain but nothing big.

I asked him if he indeed cut right through my ab and he said yes, but that it had already repaired itself! Surgery was 10 days ago. :confused:

My physique is pretty wrecked. They made me fast for 3 days. :mad: Bastards. And then they fed me hospital food, which you'd think might be healthy...not.

18. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm glad to hear that you are doing better!

Did you have to have general anesthesia?

19. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

Why didn't they give you morphine? That stuff works! :dreamy:

20. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

I just caught up on your journal, and man I have to say... you are an inspiration. Not just that you have awesome results and more than 1 amazing transformation, but that you conquer obstacles like a bulldozer and laugh them off like they were nothing. Next time I go bitching about something insignificant, I'll just remind myself of that. Keep kicking ass.