1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Like a Phoenix from the Ashes

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by k3vb0, Jan 2, 2009.

1. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

It's a new year and time for a new focus on having the best body and the best life I can have. I realize as I look over the last couple of years that I pretty much have all of the tools I need to get myself in peak physical condition, and all I need to do is apply some dedication, consistency, and intensity to get where i want to be. While I was in Borders today using a gift card I got for Christmas, I saw a couple of the latest fitness books and flipped through them to see if there was any new information. I started laughing as I skimmed them and realized that the information was totally remedial, and there is more information in the stickies in these forums than in any of those books.

This year I plan on rehabbing my foot, losing a ton of fat, training for and finishing Ride the Rockies, and then doing a serious bulk. I have never bulked before, and really want to see how my body responds to the diet and training protocol. I currently weigh in at 214.8, which should drop down quickly now that all of the holiday crap is gone.

Workout
    Exercise Bike 30 minutes

Diet
    (P/C/F 148/111/74 1859 kcal)

Life
    The last couple of days I have felt very strong in my upper body and have been doing a lot of walking around on my crutches. This makes for a very good workout and I'm breathing pretty hard after working out like this for around 15 minutes.

As I'm typing this the Amityville Horror is on TV, and I've decided that Ryan Reynold's body is something I could hope to accomplish this year. At least it gives me a goal to shoot for.

2. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

you typed my own thoughts about 'having the tools'. it is really quite simple, and i hope you keep the consistency. i hope i do to:D
    as for ryan reynolds, i never thought highly of his acting until i saw him in 'chaos theory' and 'definitely maybe'.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Kevin, best wishes for a happy and healthy 2009. You're right you do have the tools.

4. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member

I'm with ya, honey! Happy new year.

5. LoneStarChick

LoneStarChick Well-Known Member

Hiya, Kevbo. I'm going to have to look into Ride the Rockies. Sounds hardcore!

*googling Ride the Rockies...reading about the tour*

OMG!!! 435 MILES?? :eek: Am I looking at the right thing?? I can't wait to hear about it after you do it! Now, there are some bragging rights if I've ever heard of any! I hope you're planning on bringing a camera!

6. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

I think your making us all google ride the rockies:nod: Best of luck in 2009. I look forward to reading your journal and all your great accomplishments. Their better be pictures!!!!:tu:

7. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

I will definitely post pictures again this year.

Here are those from last years ride.

Looking back at these photos made me realize how great the first 6 months of last year were. I had some great experiences in Belize and Hawaii as well as Ride the Rockies. I'm going to try and make more experiences like these in 2009.

Today is my last day of bad eating as we celebrated a late Christmas with the in-laws. I made a Cajun deep fried turkey, Beth made lots of great side dishes, and the relatives brought lots of pie. :drool: I will of course pay for this later.

8. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

I'm dialed into your new journey!:D

9. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Help keep me honest man.

10. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Today's he last day of my holiday indulgence. Tomorrow I will hit the gym for lifting and cardio. I'm going back to the Metabolic Surge Workout and Diet program, which was showing promise until I had to stop because of my ankle surgery. I should also be able to start putting partial weight on my foot tomorrow after my Dr appointment tomorrow.

I have been enjoying a leisurely two weeks off from work and workouts as well as being a total slob when it comes to shaving. I haven't used a razor since New Year's Eve, and it comes off today, which will make Beth totally happy. She used to like me to grow a beard since I looked so much younger than her (she's 5 years older and I used to be baby faced), but now she just finds it irritating.

Attached Files:

#10 k3vb0, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  11. LoneStarChick

I like it. :nod: I'd leave it, but, then, I don't have a wife telling me to get rid of it. Oh, well.

needs more grey!

12. LoneStarChick

The top one looks just like your avatar. You're even wearing the same shirt!

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I hope you get clearance to do so!

Tell her you've joined the Beard Thread at JSF and can't shave. I'm sure that will go over very well. :lol:

:lol:

14. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

You got it in one! It amused me but I thought no one else would notice.

See below.

To which she would reply while sexily removing clothing "You go ahead and join your silly beard contest, but know that you can't touch this, or this, and most definitely not this." So, the beard has come off.

I just got cleared to start putting partial weight on my foot and to toss the crutches totally in 5-7 days. I am sooooooooo stoked!!! I have calluses in my armpits that I would just as soon get rid of. 50% of my weight on the foot today, then ramp up over the next 5-7 days (I will be done with them in 5). Two more weeks and I can toss the surgery boot as well. My mood is improving by leaps and bounds.

I road my exercise bike again this morning and my ankle felt great. The incision is still recovering from infection related issues and was bleeding a little, but Doctor J has assured me this is ok.

15. LoneStarChick

:thanks:

Ah, the mental images. I'd love to see how fast you would crutch your way to the bathroom and shave with no regard whatsoever to nicks and cuts before diving back into the room! :lol:

16. LoneStarChick

Oh, and congrats on getting to toss the crutch soon! :claphigh:

17. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Lots of nicks and I think my crutches only hit the ground once between the bathroom and the bed. :whistle:

Thanks. As I have said numerous times before, I need to concentrate on not hurting myself. 2009 is going to be a year of no injuries. :nod:

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    She's a sharp one, that LSC. Really. :nod:

Yeah, I figured it would end sort of that way. :lol:

Excellent news Kevin!

:lol:

:gl:

19. LoneStarChick

I'm sure it was worth it. :madpimp:

Get yourself a helmet and some knee and elbow pads. You'll be fine. I have faith in you....somewhat...:lol:

20. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

#20 k3vb0, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009