1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Life is funny.

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by tr4nsf0rm3r, Jan 4, 2012.

1. tr4nsf0rm3r

tr4nsf0rm3r Well-Known Member

They say the most stressful things in life are losing a job, moving, lawsuits, cancer, and going through a divorce. Well, I experienced all 5 those things between 2008-2010. I am sure you can imagine the whirlwind of emotions and psychological repercussions as a result of all that. I was at the lowest of lows. Sometimes I wondered why fate decided to make me experience all of that at the same time, when it would have been nice if life had kind of spread it apart a little instead of condensing it into 2 years! Talk about character building?! :tucool:

But you know what, life did turn around. I found the best occupation ever and am highly successful, an even better home to live in, survived cancer!!!, and am happily married to the same person! It took a lot of hard work and effort, to say the least.

But life, emotions, and almost tragedies had eventually got in the way of my workouts, good nutritional decisions, and my health. Lifting certainly helped me cope and survive with all of that stress when it was all happening, the short-term. But the aftermath of these stressors took it toll, long-lasting with depressive effects, and it has taken me a while to get back on my feet and my ducks back in a row to finally get my a$$ back to the gym, my nutrition dialed in, my mind hyperfocused on achieving my goal.

And after all that I went through, all I can really say is: Life is funny. :lol: No, actually it's freaking hilarious!

Here's where I was before it all happened:
    [​IMG]
    Weight: 154lbs

I logged a journal here a few years ago, still available here.

Here's where I am starting today:
    [​IMG]

My goals:
    1) To be as big and ripped as I possibly can using sheer determination and discipline.
    2) To make my personal trainer proud.
    3) To be listed on JSF's Transformation of the Month - or any others for that matter.
    4) To break out of my "all or nothing at all" cycle.
    5) To look great naked, again, and to always look great for the next 30 years.

I just signed up with Mastover as well. So expect big things. Wish me luck!

2. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Good luck!
    Start a journal and allow the JSF community to support you in your quest!

3. tr4nsf0rm3r

Thanks! This will be my journal and where I will post picture updates as I progress. Nice to meet you by the way! I see from your journal that you too have been on that rollercoaster called Life. :)

4. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Yep.
    2010 was the greatest year of my life.
    2011 was the worst.

You should start a journal here:
    http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

This is the media gallery....or you can just ask John to move it by putting a request in the "technical" thread....

Cheers!

5. tr4nsf0rm3r

Then, let's make a commitment to each other to make 2012 AWESOME! Are you in? :D

Also, this thread will be less "journal" and more "media". :)

Media Gallery
    "Media Gallery Post pictures and videos of your progress, before/after shots, your gym equipment, your family -- whatever!"

6. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Hi tr4. I just caught up on your old journal, and I must admit, it was like a walk down memory lane. I remember you now. You were one of the main reasons I attempted my own SGX transformation. It was kind of weird seeing the posts by SwoleCat. So sad.

But, the most important thing is that you've gotten back on the fitness horse and are ready to battle. I admire you for that. And I'll be interested to follow your new successes with Mastover.

Good luck.:tu:

7. tr4nsf0rm3r

Carguy! I remember you! Good to see that you are still here! :)

Glad to know I inspired someone. I see you are as big as ever :).

8. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Let's do this!

9. woodyzj

woodyzj Well-Known Member

Well bro....I'm not sure if you recognize my name from the old SGX/Swolecat days...but I followed your transformation closely as it was simply amazing.

I too have stumbled very badly and am very close to my worst weight of almost 6-7 years ago. I've been trying to get motivated and dedicated, but my desire to change does not outweigh my desire to stay the same. I've been stalking these forums ever since, but cannot get on track.

You have motivated me by posting this...time to get my ass in gear too!

I wish you the best of luck...but I know you'll kick ass given your previous change with Swolecat. Mastover is a damn good overall trainer too, so I expect you to do great things under his direction.

10. Fender

Fender Well-Known Member

Good luck with your journey!

Its just further proof that all these skinny low BF% out there who look down their nose at fat people dont know the whole story.

Not every fat person is lazy. Sometimes life happens, like you said. It happened to me as well, and after years off, this is my first post in years, Im back at it again.

From starting a business, starting a family, yada yada, it catches up with you. And now I reap what I've sown, but Im back on track to get back to a healthier lifestyle, and better physical appearance.

Life happens....

11. jmike

jmike Active Member

life is funny ... but not ha ha funny

just finished reading your amazing transformation back in 2005

subbing to this thread so i can watch it as it unfolds this time

12. scohen158

scohen158 Well-Known Member

Good luck in your transformation. My story is similar in a lot of ways fortunately minus the cancer and am divorced and single. Here is my old thread I went from being around 260 to 177 in about 8-9 months old thread is here http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=24938&highlight=scohen158 then I went on vacation and then life got in the way divorce job loss etc.

Needless to say on February 22nd I finally said I need to improve myself and stay healthy for me as well as my 2 boys (they are 8 & 10) turning 30 yesterday also was a contributing factor I took it seriously this time I tried once before but it was more of it would be nice to do it again but I wasn't 100% invested and focused and I have learned that is a must.

So just over a month in I have a workout routine dialed in and will continue to increase it's difficulty and have my diet dialed in and have dropped 22.2lbs in basically 4.5 weeks. Unfortunately I am in worse shape then I was on the last go but I know I can do it and hope you achieve your goals as well. I will follow your progress I plan to put up a new thread haven't gone as far as pictures yet like I did back then but I will likely get there again.

Good Luck,
    Sam

#12 scohen158, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  13. BradR

BradR Well-Known Member

Funny, major stress led me to being in the best shape ever. Then when things became good I got soft again. Now things are good and I'm getting close to my fitness goals. With a little time you'll find success!

14. music88

music88 Active Member

Hello, i am in and out of this place, hopefully this time im here to stay longer and untill i achieve what i want.
    I too have not had the best few years, which you can read about on my journal.
    You inspire me to keep going, as better things could be on the horizon.

You look major sexy in your first photo, and i believe you will get back to that!! GOOD LUCK, i will be following your progress :)

x