1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lets take a leaf out of Marc Lobliners book!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by cwbolton, Dec 31, 2009.

1. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Well guys, lets start with a little story about me.
    Aug 4th 2008 i signed up to john stone fitness, flabby, scrawny, unhappy, and god damn ugly... i was sick of myself one of my good friends had moved away too but instead of just letting things pass like i did. I used to it, used it to get off my lazy ass and do something about my body. I cut for 5 months, felt great i was the fittest i'd ever been in my life and i looked good! unfortunately due to lack off commitment i stopped for awhile and sort of maintained for a few months, i guess my lack of knowledge kept me away from bulking for so long, but once i had gained the knowledge, i bulked. Came from 145lbs to a great 170lbs and loved it, i filled my shirts, looked good, and felt good but then once again i fell off the horse... i abused myself, started smoking, got drunk 2+ times a week without fail and stopped all forms of sport and exercise. This started a good 10 months ago and now i'm 155lbs and 5'10, 25lbs heavier than i was before i'd even thought about getting fit. It stops here! At my peak i was close to 170lbs, im 15lbs lighter than my peak, but in terms of recomposition in even further off, here are some stats of me at my best and me today

Before (Peak):
    Weight: 167 lbs
    Bodyfat percentage: 12
    Lean mass: 147
    Fat mass: 20

After (Now):
    Weight: 155.6lbs
    Bodyfat percentage: 19.5
    Lean mass: 125.258
    Fat mass: 30.342

Composition:
    weight difference: -11.4lbs
    Lean mass difference: -21.7
    fat mass difference: +10.3

i've lost 20lbs of muscle and gained 10lbs of fat. It's time to change. I'm not putting strict time scales on here for now as i failed and hated that method of being under pressure, so now its just goals.

Short term goals:
    Cut down to 145lbs
    Get a job!
    Get strong
    Get my cardiovascular system back into gear!

Long term goals:
    - get back up to 180 + lbs
    - be lean! not just skinny
    - fill those damn t-shirts like i used to
    - bench 70kg
    - squat 100kg
    - deadlift 130kg

Now i bet your wondering why my thread is about taking a leaf out of marc lobliners book... well to be honest, in my eyes he is by far the best bodybuilder, my idol and an amazing man. Great guy, great body and even better supplements. Someone i can only wish to achieve a level of mass and vascularity of. You may look up to Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbo, but i look up to Marc Lobliner and Layne Norton.

So heres how it is going down this time. I'm cutting for aslong as i takes

[​IMG]
    I'll edit this post and put my cutting photos up asap.

The diet, i'm not going to be anal this time around i'm going to eat what i feel is enough and take it from there, if i don't loose any weight after a few weeks of doing this then i'll go back to counting calories. But i can assure you my meals are healthy, i just follow some basic rules:

No starch after meal 3!
    155Oz of water
    20 minutes morning fasted LISS
    30 minutes gentle walk at night
    taper water off towards the end of the night
    taper carbs off
    The last meal should be your healthiest!

Right now i am only working out, next week i may add the gentle walk, when things stall i will add 20 minutes fastes LISS and if i havent reached my goal by the time things stall again i will carb cycle.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Some support would be amazing this time round too :)
    All the best, lets nail it this time!

#1 cwbolton, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Marc is a great bodybuilder to emulate, as well as a very witty guy. See his video on making Sludge.

3. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Yeah he is, thanks for the video :tu:

4. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

January 1st 2010

Well, the first day of sorting my diet out went very well... but it's because i was home all day
    Meal 1: 50g oatmeal + a 3 egg yolk 4 egg white tomatoe omelette
    Meal 2: scivation brownie + banana
    Meal 3: 3oz whole wheat pasta + 1 tin of tuna + 5oz brocolli
    Meal 4: Scivation brownie + 100g grapefruit
    Meal 5: Protein shake + apple + 1 teaspoon PB + 2 whole wheat rye bread slices

I would have had more meat but since i started on such short notice it hasnt been possible, but today has been good :D

Water consumed: 10 pints

tomorrow will be a fun challenge im doing an 8 hour shift at work so i need to pack some foods i can eat/drink quickly.

and that reminds me! starting measurments, i'll post them in the morning... as for now, night all :)

5. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Hey, 2nd day... well it wasn't as good as the first simply because i went to work ill prepared. i see this as a learning curve.

Meal 1: 3oz oatmeal, protein shake
    Meal 2: Mammoth weight gainer
    Meal 3: Mammoth weight gainer
    Meal 4: calzone (simpliy because of bad preperation, and my love for bad foods :\ )
    water drunk: 4pints, simply because the bar staff at work said they were "too busy" to make me a drink of water when they obviously weren't

well i havent been awake for too long so only 4 meals was necessary

I feel that tomorrow while i am at work again ill take a solid meal and 2 Mammoth shakes, and ill take a 2 litre (4-ish pint) bottle of water, that way the absolute minimum water i'll get is 5 pints although i will have more than that

I think i'll set some goals for tomorrow as im still getting used to balancing work and fitness

Goals for the day:
    - 5 GOOD meals
    - 8 pints of water overall
    - 5 portions of fruit or veg

Well thats all guys, see ya tomorrow

6. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Best wishes for achieving your goals. I look forward to following along!:tucool:

7. Moveon

Moveon Well-Known Member

All over the place

CWB,

You've been all over the place with your fitness and BW (not a criticism but an observation). You have an interesting journal and I look forward to tracking your progress.

:gl:

8. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Thanks dude, i'll be sure to drop in on your journal (if you have one) and if not, why not start one? I'd follow for sure :tu:

I know all too well my friend lol, i've had highs lows and mid parts, inconsistency, things change, you know how it is. Hopefully im back for good and thanks for the support :)

9. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Well, today was... insightful, far from perfect but better than yesterday, i think after a few more days at work and all will be balanced and healthy :) my managers don't seem to mind me dissapearing for a few minutes to grab a shake and some fruit which is nice to know, as when i first started it was a case of "I'm going to the toilet" and i'd have to quickly down it in the staff room

well yesterdays goasl for today were
    Goals for yesterday:
    - 5 GOOD meals
    - 8 pints of water overall
    - 5 portions of fruit or veg

What i did
    - 4 GOOD meal
    - 5 pints of water overall
    - 3 portions of fruit and veg

next time i'm posting after a day at work these goals will have been shashed :tucool:

Well, tomorrow i start back at school... and the gym! :bb: i cannot wait :D, ill be sure to keep you updated.
    Come on! im'a nail it this time
    Later guys

10. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Hey guys, just a very quick one today, i kinda forgot and i'm incredibly tired

Diet:
    - 3.5oz oatmeal, protein shake
    - Mammoth shake, apple
    - Mammoth shake, banana
    - High calroie protein flapjack
    - Steak, rocket, steamed veg, potatoe
    - Protein shake

Water consumed:
    - 5 pints, i must work on that

First gym session today, only managed to do 3 things on my legs before i collapsed. It was so strange :\ i have DOMS real bad, well there was no delay, it was more like like OMS lol as soon as i started squatting my legs went, cramped up and turned to jelly... I'm just hoping that its because im new to the gym again. If not, any advice on a vitamin deficiency?

Cheers guys, night all

11. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

I think this is fairly normal when getting back into squats. I stopped doing squats for an extended period of time, and when I first started back up with them, I experienced some nasty cramping during the first couple of sessions. Stick with it, things will get better.:tu:

12. Moveon

Moveon Well-Known Member

Probably so...

It probably is because you are getting back into lifting.

Question: What about water intake? Are you getting plenty of water? Keep your water up. (2 liters min/day)

Muscles that are even slightly dehydrated will loose strength.

13. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

5 pints is about 2.5 litres.

It's probably because you haven't trained in a long time mate.

14. Moveon

Moveon Well-Known Member

Whoops.

CWB, I didn't read your post closely enough and missed your water intake. :doh:

Thanks Foley.

15. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Yeah i hope so, my legs are still sore as hell lol

16. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Well guys, i'll be honest today was shocking for fitness... i got stuck in snow lol which meant i was away from home for 6 hours, i got hungry and when i let myself go hungry i cheat... and i cheated :\ drank almost no water throughout the day

It's kinda a 1 step fowards and 2 steps back... but i'm changing that, i need to stop letting myself get into situations which i know will end bad!

No school tomorrow as its canceld so i think i'm going to stay in all day so diet shout be spot on, i hope my gyms open though. also i can have lots of lseep tonight for the first time in ages :D

Night all :)

17. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Okay okay you got me, antoher totally shocking day, i really don't wanna go into detail about it... i dont know why it happens, it just does. The snow and chaos its caused has kinda affected it, no school, massive change in routine were all to blame, lets try again tomorrow...

18. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Come on, man! Get after it tomorrow!:tu:

19. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

Cheers man... it means alot :)

Im gunna get it tomorrow!

heres what im gunna eat
    - 100g oatmeal, protein shake, banana
    - scivation brownie, pear
    - 100g oatmeal, protein shake, apple
    - Mammoth shake (Pre workout)
    - Mammoth shake (Post workout)
    - 100g pasta, 5oz broccoli, banana
    - protein shake + 1 tbsp peanut butter, kiwi

and thats my diet to the letter for tomorrow... and im gunna post this as what i ate when i update as i'm on this :D

Thats me down and out for the day.

20. cwbolton

cwbolton Active Member

well long time no post... anyway it's in the past

I totally nained it today! trainnig, diet and water intake all got owned :D

meal 1: 100g oatmeal + protein shake
    meal 2: Mammoth shake
    meal 3: Scivation brownie
    meal 4: Mammoth shake
    meal 5: Mammoth shake
    meal 6: broccoli + pasta + tuna mayo + leek

water intake: a gallon