1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's see your home workout space!

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by d2mini, May 27, 2007.

1. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

2. AWD_ENVY

AWD_ENVY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Wherebob

Wherebob Active Member

Not much room but just enough. I have a treadmill just to the right and a stationary bike on the left out of the pic

[​IMG]

4. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

I have accumulated all of this stuff over the last 20+ years.

P6010035.jpg

P6010036.jpg

P6010037.jpg

P6010038.jpg

P6010039.jpg

P6010040.jpg

P6010041.jpg

5. d2mini

d2mini Well-Known Member

Man, I'm envious of all the space some of you have!

6. spectre

spectre Active Member

@zenpharaohs: that kid is adorable :cool:

@AWD_ENVY: Are you using those speed bag gloves on the heavy bag? If so you might want to get some proper bag gloves and hand wraps to 1) protect your wrists 2) give you more of a work out using 12-14 oz gloves.

@Wherebob: How is the new equipment working out?

@Jesse1: 2 Elipticals, 2 Excercise Bikes and 1 Ski Crosstrainer? That's a lot of cardio equipment.

7. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

My wife and I work out at the same time and I was able to pick up an extra elliptical and Schwinn Airdyne for free. Now we can use whatever piece of equipment without interfering with each other.

8. RDR

RDR Well-Known Member

OK here we go....not the greatest photo quality, but you get the idea
    try to ignore the fact that the ceiling is only half done and a few door knobs are missing....:D
    .....and I managed to break my mirror during the renovation too, so I have a couple more on order.

Attached Files:

#28 RDR, Jun 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  9. d2mini

d2mini Well-Known Member

10. Lo7us

Lo7us Active Member

Hi ,

Go to www.XS.to

1.after you upload your picture you will have a 7 lines with codes for the web

2. Here you will need to chose the 4 line .

3. Copy and paste it near your text in the thread

Bye

11. d2mini

d2mini Well-Known Member

Well, i suppose since I was the one who started this thread I should contribute some pics. :D

Still need to finish things like getting a window blind, clean up wires from the tv, etc... but meanwhile i can at least work out in the space.
    The room is about 12'x12'.
    Oh, and I had an extra mirror so I placed it on top of the Powercage. Works great for checking your form while doing bench press! I just need to put a support along the back of it to keep it from flexing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#31 d2mini, Jun 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

showoff!!! Just kidding. Very nice looking gym, it will certainly help you get motivated to use it.

13. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Here is the gym my dad and I have put together. We still plan on adding much more (glute-ham raise, chains, more dumbells, etc) but this is what it looks like at the moment.

1. Combination Marcy squat rack and flat/incline/decline bench. Also shown are #3 bands from APT Pro Wrist Straps, 390 pounds of olympic plates, and horse mats.
    2. Body Solid squat rack we use for performing overhead lifts (because the ceiling in our basement is too low).
    3. Dumbbell rack with dumbbells 5-60 pounds.
    4. Beachbody pullup bar.
    5. Plyometric Reinforced Pro Box (used for box squats and step ups).

#33 Pete5, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  14. Cramp11

Cramp11 Active Member

I have an unfinished basement with old carpets all over the floor. If you're wondering why I have bed sheets and shower curtains on the walls, we're deciding how to split up the basement and putting up a fake wall lets you see first hand if you have enough space.

[​IMG]
    That should look familiar to John. :lol: I bought this years ago. I only got a short use out of it before my back got messed up.
    [​IMG]
    I never use the heavy bag because I need wrist wraps and better gloves. I have an ez curl bar behind the weights.
    [​IMG]
    My elliptical and DB rack. I wish it went higher then 40 lbs though. The balls were used during my physio after surgery.

And my fav thing to do... he shoots he scores!!! Net is about 23' away from the shooting pad. There is netting hanging from the ceiling as well for my bad shots. I try to finish my workouts with some shooting.

[​IMG]

15. J2K66

J2K66 Well-Known Member

Here are two (albeit bad) pictures of the dungeon. I deal with the space I have and the lower ceilings in the basement of a house that was built in 1928 :) I also have a recumbant bike and a treadmill that currently reside in my rec. room so that I can watch sportscenter while doing cardio.

I'm currently looking to build a house, and you'd best believe that there will be a nice home gym designed into the basement :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jwdiho

jwdiho Well-Known Member

Super sweet setup, RDR. Love the cable crossover!

Any one of those equipment homemade? I remember we were kicking ideas around a while back.

17. RDR

RDR Well-Known Member

yeah the cable crossover is on of my "inventions"

I also made the squat cage, the seat for the low pulley row, the T-Bar row, the dumbell racks, all of the plate trees, the leverage shoulder press & I increased my bench press to Olympic width and reworked my leg extension to handle more plates:D

18. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

My basement gym. We have a suspended wood floor in the basement, and to acomodate the height of the gym equipment, I lowered the floor. The plywood subloor iwill ultimately be covered by engineerd wood flooring. Still working on final painting/pictures for walls, amd more importantly I need more weight.

Attached Files:

19. swalker

swalker Active Member

Finally got my Titan and got it setup yesterday so I thought I'd post some pictures. The basement will be finished eventually, but I didn't want to wait until then to be able to workout at home. I'm certainly not looking forward to breaking down the titan when it comes time for that though! :cry:

In this first pic you can see the fully assembled titan and the accessory rack.

[​IMG]

The next is just a more frontal view of the titan.

[​IMG]

This one is of my home-made dumbell / accessory shelf and squat box. Those are 90lb powerblock adjustable dumbells on the top. Also more titan accessories on the floor.

[​IMG]

And finally the "cardio room" which is currently in a spare bedroom upstairs until we finish the basement. We've got a Sole E95 elliptical and a Sole F85 treadmill in here which is not ideal as the house tends to rattle a bit when used (but oh well!). Also doubles as the wife's exercise video room, hence the workout mat, videos, etc...

[​IMG]

20. carddante

carddante Well-Known Member

My gym room is in my basement as well. I purchased rubber flooring for ease of walking and dropping weights. Mirrors on the wall from Home Depot for about $30 ea. I'm actually in the process of finishing the basement, so eventually this room will have walls and a ceiling. :lol:

I think the one thing I've learned from perusing this thread is that having a dedicated workout room like John Stone's, complete with flooring, weight racks, mirrors, etc, is a rare thing. I admire his setup even more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]