1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Leptopril?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by SalemWitchChild, Oct 3, 2005.

1. SalemWitchChild

SalemWitchChild Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried using Leptopril with exercise? Has it helped or just a waste of money?

2. SalemWitchChild

No one? :d_confuse

3. dfresh

dfresh Well-Known Member

ive never heard of it. what is it suppose to do?

4. SalemWitchChild

Its the generic version for Leptoprin. It helps people that are more than 20lbs overweight loose weight. They say it is powerful and is not for the casual dieter.

5. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

STOP!! JUST SAY NO!
    if you have to ask "is blablabla a waste of money" then the answer is YESSSS.

6. SalemWitchChild

Do you mind giving a reason for not using them. ;)

7. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

are you kidding? use them, i could care less.
    i warned you once - they dont do anything.

8. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

theres nothing in it that will help you lose weight

if memory serves me, its basically just an expensive multivitamin

9. SalemWitchChild

my aren't we a bit testy. :confused:

10. Naytch

Naytch Well-Known Member

I don't think his anger is directed at you personally but at a company or group of companies that prey on a majority of people's weakness. They know that people want the fast and easy method of anything. So regardless of whether it works or not, you are already sold at the slight chance it may work. You have taken the pressure of the company to prove that it does work and put the pressure on us to prove that it does not work. If this supplement was truly "too powerful for the casual user" then it would be regulated and/or banned by the FDA. Compare this with Ephedrine or the presciption weight loss drugs. In my opinion, I would not purchase this stuff solely on the commercials unbacked claim of being "too powerful" but attempt to research the product a little more. Being a man of science, I would say test it out (with your doctor's approval, of course :tu: ). Run your own study and be sure to track all of your food and exercise. Write it all down. At the end of your experiment, come up with a conclusion based on your findings. I think one of three things will happen"

1. It will work because it is "powerful"

2. It will work because it made you truly focus on your diet and exercise program (placebo effect).

3. It will not work because you did not follow ALL of their directions and you are lighter...but only in the pocket. (nothing personal but that is how they get out of the money back guarantee).

I would put my money on 2 or 3! Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

11. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

my anger is directed more at the fact that companies can actually have "it is powerful and is not for the casual dieter" in their marketing slogan and consumers can actually believe it.
    COME ONNNN?!? are you kidding me????

also - i've seen too many threads asking about various fatburners that beginners want to try out.
    all fat burners on the market are the same.
    if any of them actually worked, fat people would abuse them, die, and the FDA would ban them. (i.e. ephedra)
    and it makes sense - people are despret to lose weight, and they want instant results.

the best fat burner you can possibly spend your money on is SwoleCat, or to take an ECA stack 30 minutes before doing LISS cardio.

ECA Stack = 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffiene, 325mg asprin or some other blood thinning thingamajig.
    Ephedrine can be found in the form of broncitis(sp) medication (pill form)

12. alogie

alogie Well-Known Member

The thing that cracks me up about these ads is that in at least one of them they imply that because its expensive it must work. Brilliant! I wish I'd thought of that one....

13. Leigh O.

Leigh O. Well-Known Member

I know..I love that claim too..!

And the thing about it being 'too powerful for the casual dieter'! What a load of hooey. I pointed that one out to my husband and we laugh about it every time now. What i've noticed is that the commercial is only run in our area during shows like 'cheaters', 'Jerry Springer' etc. Trash TV..and they are trying to capitalize on people's greatest hopes. It's totally disgusting.

You might ask, 'How do you know it runs during 'cheaters'?..LOL..we used to watch that show and found it alternately highly entertaining and painfully sad!

14. jsbrook

jsbrook Well-Known Member

Given that the most of the ingreedients in Leptoprin are mere diuretics, I can't imagine the generic version is much better. Save your money. Eat well. Train hard.

15. jsbrook

jsbrook Well-Known Member

Looks like you've set some lofty goals there who. :claplow: :lol:

16. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

i'm hoping to reach them by christmas :D

17. Monkey0ne

Monkey0ne Well-Known Member

I think I randomly read too many threads.... I was expecting someone to say something like "Souds like a bunch of BOLLOCKS!" or something like that...

What is Ephedra? Crack?

18. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

yawn...

#18 wh0rume, Oct 6, 2005
    Last edited: May 23, 2006
  19. krackerjack411

krackerjack411 Well-Known Member

just eat right and exercise...

I once tried diet pills (stackers)...ended up in the hospital for a heartrate of 154 beats per minute and a blood pressure that SOARED (can't remember the exact number)! It was ephedra free too...if it had ephedra in it, the nurse in the ER said I would have had a heart attack and I was only 18 at the time. I don't know if this applies to what the diet pill you are referring to or not, but just FYI...other people have taken diet pills and the exact same thing has happened (or in some cases, blood pressure dropped severly). Just do it the natural way :nod:

20. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

NEVER MIX MA HUANG (EPHEDRINE) WITH CAFFEINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d_eek:

It's very dangerous. Have you ever wondered why that combination isn't approved by the FDA, but you see all those companies on the net that sell them? There's a reason behind that...

So, never mix Ephedrine (Ma Huang), Synergine (Ephedrine derivative) and caffeine(or Guarana) !!! A VERY DANGEROUS COMBINATION!

Never believe in Diet pills...No pain, no gain! :tucool: