1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Laura's Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by dino, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Active Member

Good job resisting the bad food at work! That's where I always go down.

Now I can say, "no thanks I'm doing a John Stone fitness challenge!"

Gives me an "excuse" the be healthy. Hah, and most people are making excuses for being unhealthy. Good luck and I'll be seeing you around the forums :D

2. dino

dino Active Member

what on earth did i do. hahah. the last 2 days have been nightmarish :( oooh my poor poor body.

tuesday (2/9/08)
    everything was going soooooooo well.
    breakfast, morning, lunch and afternoon meals as usual.. all good.. managed to run home between my sessions and eat my normal food. then the carnage started.
    i left early with some execs and started drinking at about 6pm. I just hd one beer and I was already tipsy, started thinking uhoh. this is going to be bad. So anyway get to the big party and well........................... I drunk ssooooooooooooooo much. I do have a tendency to do that and well, it is so not worth it. Never again.

So anyway I was so drunk, I had alchol poisoning. I didnt get out of bed till 4pm today, I was throwing up ALL morning. I must have thrown up at least 20 times in the morning alone, let alone last night. Ohh dear. I couldn't even keep juice down. Thankfully I am feeling ok now although very ashamed of myself for getting into that state, but hey, moving forwards.

So today what have I eaten....
    Juice.. about 3 glasses
    A truckload of water
    Carrot
    Hummus
    Flat bread
    Toast with jam
    Chocolate, not heaps but a bit.

Well...... Hmmm. Could be worse.. but I have DEFINATELY used up my cheats for this week!!!!! Laura laura laura. tut tut tut. Hahaha oh deary me. And of course I couldnt do my work out because I was so ill.

Back into it tomorrow.
    On a positive note everyone has been telling me how I look slim etc, which is weird, I mean im fitting my jeans better than I ever have before, they were tiiiiight. But it seems strange that everyone is noticing the differnce more than me. I still have so long to go, but I am so confident in myself I can be in the best shape of my life for summer :)

3. dino

dino Active Member

Hey thanks :) As you can see by my last journal post I didnt do too well the last few days. But hey.. I had to slip up haha.

4. dino

dino Active Member

okkkay got it all back on track yes yes.

eating 100% good

Calories: 1,075
    Protein: 118g
    Carbs: 80g
    Fat: 28g

gym 100% good although a bit shorter than I would have liked

deadlifts
    8 x 50kg / 110lb
    8 x 60kg / 132lb
    8 x 70kg / 154lb
    6 x 80kg / 176lb
    1 x 90kg / 198lb

bicep curls
    6 x 20kg / 44lb
    6 x 25kg / 55lb
    6 x 27.5kg / 61lb
    1 x 30kg / 66lb

scull crushers
    8 x 20kg / 44lb
    6 x 25kg / 55lb
    4 x 25kg / 55lb

Picked up 1kg of light cottage cheese from the supermarket on the way home for $4 which is very cheap for here.
    and more tuna and some frozen berries for very cheap for my shakes. I'm looking forward to making cottage cheese and chickpea and vege bakes. Hmmm. And other things that don't scare me. Anyway I'm hungry now I ate too early and so I need to go to sleep before I eat something else.

Also my weight was down to 66.75 - but I'm taking that with a grain of salt because of the last two days and messed up eating there. Weight next week will be more acurate I feel.

5. archie

archie Active Member

Well done on the good day. Its not the 'bad' days that matter, its how you go forward with the next that counts more.

6. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

On the 15th will you provide your weight and update pictures?

Every 1st and 15th of each month I do this. I want to compete with someone with our own goals?

So if I said I am looking for a 5lb loss from the 1st to the 15th I would try very hard to meet that ect.

Up for it? :tu:

7. dino

dino Active Member

Hey hey :)
    Sounds like an awesome plan :) Except I'm not looking for a 5lb weight loss 2 x a month, more like a 5lb weight loss once a month. But what do u think, its still similar goals right? :) :moon:

8. dino

dino Active Member

[​IMG]

i laughed my ass off at this pic today haha.

Diet good today, my first encounter with Cottage Cheese. I blended it with a little hand whisk and a teaspoon of raspberry jam and put it in the freezer. i stirred it a few times so it set like ice cream. it tasted so much like cheesecake??? I was pleasantly surprised. Definately satisfies my INSANE ice cream craving I have every night and my sweet tooth with sweet sweet protein!! and you can eat so much. mm. happy laura.

Calories: 1,253
    Fat: 25g
    Carbs: 83g
    Protein: 115g

Tomrow will be interesting as i have to travel for the day. I have packed chicken and protein that i can mix with water. not ideal but i will live!!
    No gym though.
    Lau

9. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

:lol: I love cats! I just got 2 emails around work with a bunch of those pictures. (If you want it let me know lol)

Our goals are much different, but as long as we set them and hit them..that is key.

So you are looking for 2.5lbs / 1/2 month ?

:tu:

10. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Hmmm... I like the cottage cheese idea. Very nice!

:eat::eat:

11. dino

dino Active Member

yes, 5lb / month :) hahah I think I got the same emails a few days ago :)

12. dino

dino Active Member

Thanks!! I stole it from somewhere on here I am sure.
    Speaking of cottage cheese... I just ate the most devine breakfast. Who says high protein low carb has to taste bad.... protein pancakes.. I'll put the pics and recipe up here soon.. they are soooo good!!:drool::drool::drool:

13. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

That would be crazy since you are far away.

Cottage cheese with delmonte fruit cups (peaches) :eat:

14. dino

dino Active Member

Protein Pancakes

2 tablespoons Whey Protein Isolate
    50grams Cottage Cheese
    20 grams Rolled Oats
    0.5 Banana
    1 Tablespoons Self Raising Flour

Mix all in food processor until smooth. Add 2 Tablespoons water or however much to get to desired consistency.
    Cook and enjoy :)

[​IMG]

271 cal
    2g fat
    25g carbs
    3g fibre
    37g protein

You get 3 nice sized pancakes with that amout

15. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Your so fancy!

Thanks for sharing.:tucool:

16. dino

dino Active Member

I think I ate too much protein today.
    Why do I think this:

well.. I had a headache which usually means my blood sugar is low and that I havent had enough carbs.
    and my stomach hurts.

can someone look at my diary and see what you think? I had 6 meals.
    I had 1,275 calories, 161g of protein.
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/diary/who/laurasaur

17. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

How much water did you drink?

Tweaking a diet and learning it is hard. But you will get it. I use a 20% (fat) 40% (carb) 40% (protein) diet but sometimes I can't get the carbs up. (learning what "other " carb sources are now)

What calories are you trying to hit each day and why? Also what % or split are your following for pro,carb,fat ?

Hope you feel better.:p

If I eat a bunch of protein and no veggies I will feel bad for my stomach and feel stuffed up if you get what I mean. :o

18. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

What's a generic calorie, and why does it have no carbs, proteins, or fats? Alcohol? Couldn't that explain the headache?

I don't think it's really a matter of too much protein; maybe more like not enough carbs. I think some people probably are fine with more than half their calories from protein, but you might want to cycle in some high carb days to make up for it.

Maybe more oats earlier in the day and less cottage cheese later in the day might help. :confused: Do you get an afternoon slump of energy or any weird cravings at any point during the day?

How did you come up with a calorie goal of 1,228? That's not a lot of energy for someone who lifts as heavy as you do. :flex:

19. dino

dino Active Member

My calories I have to admit I havent put a whole heap of thought into other than I would like them from 1,200 - 1,500 because that's what I have lost weight on previously.

Im trying to get 40% from protein.. and thats about all. OK you guys are making me realise I need to put in some serious thinking on this diet!!!! Thats my goal for tonight, reasses what I should be doing.

20. dino

dino Active Member

I didn't have any alcohol yesterday, or are you meaning from earlier in the week? Yeah I think you are right, not enough carbs.

I always get a craving around 3pm for sugar, although this has been improving alot since I have been doing 2 meals.

That calorie goal on TDP was just one that they came up with. My goal is from 1,200-1,500 but like I just mentioned above I realise I need to come up with something more concrete and I plan on doing that tonight.

-----------

Journal for 7/9/8

Today was my cheat meal.. I know I had one earlier in the week kind of too.

Protein pancakes for breakfast today!! Tried to tweak the recipe a bit but kept it the same really. Soooo filling. Man cottage cheese is like my new best friend.

Fathers Day so we were at a vineyard. Go me I only had one small glass of wine. And some chicken and fancy salads, tiny bit of potato gratin. Then I had a small slice of the nicest chocolate mud cake mmm. I'm estimating all up this was 800 calories? I could be way off.

Then didnt get the chance to eat till 5pm when I had a small protein shake made with whey isolate and some frozen tropical fruit (45calories of fruit) and a tablespoon of cottage cheese + LSA. Very nice.

I get so grumpy when I am not able to have my regular scheduled meals!! As nice as the meal today was I would rather stick to my diet. But such is life for now I guess I am not willing to make THAT much sacrifice :)

Now going to have some chicken + spinach for dinner.

Plan for tonight is do some meal planning and work out what my proper goals are. Thanks for everyones messages etc today :)