1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lane's new one

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Laneage, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

2. Laneage

2/10/16 - Day 72
    192.2#

New diet strategy is I'm cutting meals in half. I'll get less calories, but also I won't have to cook so much. I'll be adding in more food when I cook so I don't go super low on calories.

Another reason for this is that I need to retrain my brain into feeling satisfied with smaller portions (or at least content). I cut my post workout meal in half last night, and after I finished eating the first half I longed for the other half. I had to go to the other side of the house and play guitar until I forgot I was still hungry. Getting in a good habit of eating smaller portions worked great for me in the past, because even when I cheated I couldn't eat as much.

Anyways, ramble done. I did 256 push ups yesterday, and had a decent leg workout. Dumbbell work/abs/pullups tonight.

3. Laneage

2/11/16 - Day 73
    190.2#

My body wants to sleep so much. I got 9 hours last night and I still feel like I needed more. I wanted to get up early and get some guitar rudiments/technique practices in. No dice. Some mornings I pop right up out of bed on time (with 6 hours of sleep) and other mornings like this :rolleyes:

As I'm typing this my coworker walks in with the girl scout cookies I ordered. I wish I could just give him money and he forgets to bring me the cookies. Now I gotta hide these at the bottom of the freezer and hope I forget.

Anyways, today I have band practice, so no gym.

4. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

Wow that is a lot of pushups! :tu:

I find that to be true for myself as well with meal sizes. Hopefully it won't take too long for you to get used to your new smaller portions again :)

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

That is a cool photo. [emoji106]

I bought a couple of boxes of girl scout cookies and put them in the coffee area for everyone else to eat or else I would have eaten the whole box a soon as I opened them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

6. Laneage

Yeah I do them at work and run a timer that reminds me to "drop and give me 20" :nod:

Thanks!

This is what I should have done. I'm also of the "eat the whole box" variety. I have them buried in my deep freeze, so hopefully they stay there for a while.

7. Laneage

2/12/16 - Day 74
    189.4#

[​IMG]

I know I've been bad lately but looking at the graph is just like :eek:

The good news is I'm still on the downward trend of weight & (waist) inches. Just not as fast as I thought it would be. If I'm going to be doing any kind of cutting in a reasonable amount of time I have to cut out those bad streaks.

I have a day 0 shirtless pic, and at day 90 I'll take another. Hopefully see a little progress, but I'm not expecting too much, especially looking at the graph.

I've been getting a lot of chest/tri volume with all these pushups, so tonight is chest/tri heavy. Hoping arms aren't dead enough so that I can do 205 or 215 for reps on bench.

8. Laneage

2/13/16 - Day 75
    189.2#

Not a lot to report today except my elbow is killing me. Not going to stress it out with pushups and pullups and hopefully it goes away in a few days. I guess Ill do squats tomorrow if my elbow is still hurting.

9. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

I'll just leave it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlexYog2kZA

10. Laneage

11. Laneage

2/17/16 - Day 79

Elbow is better. Resuming daily pushups/pullups tomorrow.

----

I drank too much on Sunday, which made me hungover on Monday, and it carried over to Tuesday. So out of the groove for 3 days, and eating too many calories. Really stupid mistakes to start this year. Basically 2 steps forward 1.9 steps backwards, because I'm 79 days in and around 3 lbs difference on the scale / 1 inch on the waist. Really need to find some things to keep myself occupied at the house on the weekends!

Also, I need to find a way to mass cook vegetables or something. I'm getting burnt out of broccoli when its been cooked and placed in the fridge. Tastes really bad to me now after its been reheated.

12. TooMuch

I cook chicken and brown rice in bulk only. Tastes ok reheated with sauce. :tu:

13. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Watch the sauce. Just sayin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

14. Laneage

2/23/16 - Day 85
    192.6#

Almost at 90 days. I'm basically at square one physique wise, but

• I'm still here journaling.
    • I'm still logging all my calories (I just broke a 40 something day streak on myfitnesspal because I forgot to login Sunday damnit!)
    • I have drastically cut down on the alcohol; there were times in 2015 where I would drink 3 liters of rum a week. I have not had any hard liquor in 2016, only beer
    • And best of all, I have not smoked in 85 days.

So many of my problems this time around are centering around not getting enough sleep. I'm constantly groggy/sleepy/in a bad mood because I have trouble falling asleep and waking up often. I've also developed some kind of hyper sensitivity to sound. The quietest of noises wake me up. If I can't find a way to fix this I'm going to start sleeping with ear plugs and taking some kind of sleep supplements :rolleyes:

I'm changing my lifting schedule. I feel like I've been slacking without a structure. So now I will be planning out each weight/set/rep in advance. If it's too easy I'll jack it up, too hard and I'll bring it back down. But going into the gym and just saying "I'm going to do bench/curl/blah blah" isn't much of a plan. I'm going to try my best to get in 4 lift days per week, but realistically it will probably be 4 per 8 days.

15. Laneage

2/24/16 - Day 86
    191.6#

Hah, I was right. Knowing what had to be done after every set was great. I didn't have to think about anything, just put the weight on and do it. So a very good chest workout. Legs tonight.

16. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

85 days of not smoking is great.

IIRC, I had trouble sleeping for a while after I quit. I remember lying in bed wanting to fall asleep but not being able to. I dont recall how long or when in my quit that was. I'm not even sure if it was related to quiting or stress from work.

Hopefully your sleep issues resolve soon.

17. Laneage

Hey thanks!

I'm excited for 90 days coming up, although I can't really share it with anyone since no one really knows I smoke except band mates or drinking buddies and they all smoke, I hate rubbing that in their faces.

18. Laneage

2/25/16 - Day 87
    191.6#

Another good workout. Started incorporating dumbbell walking lunge back into my leg workout.

Squats: 7 sets (90 seconds rest/pyramid style weight/reps)
    Lying leg extension 4 sets (60 seconds, heavier 5-6 reps)
    Lunge 4 sets (60 seconds)
    Standing calf raise 4 sets (60 seconds, volume 15-20 reps)

Took 40 minutes. After a few weeks I would like to add in hack squats, but I don't want put too much on my plate right now.

19. Laneage

2/26/16 - Day 88
    188.8#

Band practice went long so I'm a bit tired. If I'm feeling too groggy before lifting I'll hit some preworkout. It's Friday so if I'm up half the night because of the caffeine it won't kill me. Also drank a bit too much last night. Actually drank my dinner because I went straight to bed. 1701 calories on the day but almost half of it was beer.

Todays workout:
    Bent Over BB Row (4 sets-6-8 reps)
    Close grip standing row - never done it before, will see if it hurts joints
    Lat pulldown (4 sets-6-8reps)
    Overhead Press (5 sets-5-6reps)
    DB Hammer curl (4 sets-10-15 reps / 45 seconds rest)
    BB Shoulder shrug (4 sets-10-15 reps)

20. TooMuch

I'd cut the beer if I was you. It'll help lose weight. :tu: Maybe swith to wine? :madpimp: