1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lane's new one

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Laneage, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I've decided to make another journal here. It's been a few years since I've held myself accountable for my diet, but it's not too late until you die so here I go.

Currently I'm at 195 lbs, and (I forgot to measure this morning) roughly 41 inch waist (navel).

My short term goal is to lose some fat and inches enough so that I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe come the new year, but my long term goal is to cut down to the 10-12% bf I was at in 2011. Thankfully I've lifted a lot in the last few years so not all the weight I gained is fat. However I haven't seriously stuck to a schedule in about 3 months, and it's been a month since I've done legs so hellllooo shitty DOMS again.

In order to achieve these goals I'm going to:
    -Use MyFitnessPal to help me stay accountable with my diet, and journaling here to document my progress.
    -Free weight work outs every other day, and some body weight work outs in between.

For now, I'm not going to focus much on cardio, but I may revisit that idea later.

That's my plan. Now I must execute :bb:

2. Laneage

12/1/15 - Day 2
    195.2 #/ 40.5" waist

Day 1 went fine. Started it off with a chest workout that wasn't especially challenging to get back in a groove.

Day 2 & 3 are body weight work outs and flexibility ... uhh ... "training." I feel like I have old man parts, especially my hips, and I don't like that. 32 is supposed to be my prime, not "it hurts to bend over" age. It will most likely help not to carry around an excess 30ish pounds. Really the only thing I'm going to be doing is getting up out of my chair every hour and doing some stretches. Hopefully making that a habit will have some good effects. :tu:

This my super boring non lifting day diet:
    [​IMG]

It's low on calories but my lifting days are near 1800 so the average per day is 1500-1600. We'll see how it goes after a few weeks. I'm not counting the broccoli, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and green beans in the calories. That is a little too tedious, even for me.

3. Laneage

12/2/15 - Day 3
    195.2#

Busy day at work today, but that is good since being busy is a nice appetite suppressor. My body is very sore, and I guess that will continue for the next week or so until I hit every muscle a couple times in workouts.

Not a whole lot to report yet, just have to keep doing it.

4. Laneage

12/3/15 - Day 4
    193.4#

Today is going to be a rest day.
    Hoy es un dia de descanso

...besides some stretching that I'm trying to make a habit of doing everyday. I'm sore as crap. Everywhere is sore :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is my first leg day in a while. Squats/Lunges/Reverse leg curl/Calf raises. I will continue to be sore after that.

I'm also trying to learn Spanish, so occasionally I try and think of how to say sentences in both languages. If any Spanish speakers visit here, please correct it. I know my sentence above could be in a future tense but I'm not that far into my learning.

Anyway, let's have a good one today.

5. Laneage

12/4/15 - Day 5
    193.4#

Leg day. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    My weekend will be spent hobbling.

Feel like I'm on a roll, and I need that too because weekends are my downfall.

Just have to kill it one day at a time.

6. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Off to a good start. :tu:

7. Rise

Rise Active Member

I'm 33 and not too long ago started working out again after a looooooooong period of nothingness. The old man pain should go away once you get back into the swing of things, though it definitely took a couple of weeks for me to get some oil back in the joints. Just don't stop! The soreness is just a reminder you did something awesome.

8. Laneage

Thanks!

Yeah. Oiling the joints is exactly what it feels like. My hips feel like un-greased ball joints. I can almost feel the dry bones scratching. Only thing you can do is work through it!

9. Laneage

12/5/15 - Day 6
    194.4#

Leg day went fine yesterday. DOMS was ok today, but its always the 2nd/3rd/4th days for leg doms that suck.

Did an arms + incline bench work out today. Wasn't much of a workout but I felt like doing something today. Diet was a little more than I had planned, but I've been at 1200-1300 calories all week. 2200 today isn't going wreck anything, especially being cleaner foods.

Tomorrow is a big day. Football Sundays are just the worst for me when I'm trying to cut out bad food and bad habits. I would like to enjoy a few beers tomorrow, but who knows if I can hold myself to just a few depending on what happens with the game. Whatever happens, I will report back here.

10. Laneage

12/6/15 - Day 7
    195.4#

Day went good today. Got a workout in (deads/row/military press). Pretty light weight but right now I'm just trying to work through all the soreness. Deads sucked so bad with the soreness from the squats on Friday.

Drank 2 beers, and the rest of my diet today was on point.

11. Laneage

12/7/15 - Day 8
    197.0#

Waist down, pounds up. That's why you don't trust the scale (but I weigh myself every morning for graphic purposes anyway.)

For real though, I was sucking on too much sunflower seeds this weekend so my salt levels are probably through the roof and thus retaining water. Sunflower seeds are much better than smoking so I'm just happy I didn't light up. :tu:

Uhh no gym today, but I will be doing some pullups/pushups/core work at home.

12. Laneage

12/8/15 - Day 9
    195.8#

Leg doms are almost out of my system, and today is Chest/Triceps. On a roll! Estoy en racha

[​IMG]

Man less than a year ago I was down to 172. Probably 10-12 pounds of fat away from where I wanted to be, and then I just stopped and ballooned back up to 192 in less than 3 months. Why did you do that past me?

13. Laneage

12/9/15 - Day 10
    195.8#

Pretty decent chest/triceps workout yesterday, except I didn't do decline fly. I don't like the way it feels doing decline on my bench, so I'm going to stick to just straight and incline for a while.

Today & Tomorrow is some dumbbell, ab, and bodyweight stuff at home. Nothing special. Have a good one :tu:

14. Laneage

12/10/15 - Day 11
    194.6#

Not a whole lot to report. Yesterday I did dumbbell squats and pullups. Today is pushups/abs. Other than that everything is going good. Diet has been on point.

Tomorrow is leg day again and I'm going to ramp up the intensity a bit.

15. Laneage

12/11/15 - Day 12
    193.6#

Ramped up the pullups and pushups yesterday, now those tendons or ligaments on the inside of the elbow are kinda sore.

Today is leg day. WOOOOOOO! shit

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Leg day...pretty much everyone has a love/hate relationship with it. :) Kick butt!

17. Laneage

Yeah its the least fun workout for me, but almost as satisfying as dead lifts when I'm done.

Thanks!

18. Laneage

12/12/15 - Day 13
    195.2#

Starting to wonder if I'm eating too much some how. I really don't see how. Some days I'm eating only 1300 calories. Either way, if in another 2 weeks I'm still at my starting weight, well then I suppose I need to rethink what I'm eating :confused: Maybe measuring my waist tomorrow morning will show some signs for improvement.

Today is a volume workout for arms/chest:

[​IMG]

Although, I have no idea on the reps. I just keep it at the default 8.

19. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I like your weight graph.
    I always ask myself the same question.

On your last post, the timer is the time between sets?

20. Laneage

Yeah it's a rest timer. Syncs up with the app on my tablet and dings when the timer is up. Just have to input the weight/reps. Beats the hell out of the notebook and pen I used to use :tu: