1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Lane's 2018 and beyond

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Laneage, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A number of months ago my kids got me an air fryer/muti cooker; I've yet to explore all it's capabilities, but the couple of things that I've prepared in it, like potatoes, have come out great. Enjoy yours.

2. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

It really makes potatoes faster for me. Roasting them in the oven I usually have to wait on them after I cook the rest of the meal but now the potatoes are done before I can finish everything else.

3. Laneage

8/2/2018
    Calories 2038 Carb 51% Fat 15% Protein 33%

Chest/Arms

I really want to get more fat in my diet and less carbs, but I still subscribe to this notion that you need to replinish the glycogen stores post workout blah blah. That's probably bro science, but I never really tested anything for myself, I just ran with an idea that someone said on a video or internet forum. I've had the same post workout smoothie for years: Cup of blue berries, cup of strawberries, banana, scoop of whey, 2 tablespoons of dextrose. Its 100g of carbs, and my dinner on workout days is another 100g of carbs. I may be going overboard at this point.

This is also why I want to try a keto diet at some point, although I really love that smoothie. I look forward to it :drool:

4. Laneage

8/3/18

Calories 1854 Carb 34% Fat 28% Protein 38%

Yesterday, I didn't get a good workout in. My brother came into town and was shooting the shit with me while I was lifting. In hindsight maybe I should have just pushed the workout off a day, but that feels dirty to me. Accountability damnit! I did heavier weights for the first time in a while and I'm happy to say that I don't think I lost any strength so far. 235x5 is still pretty easy for me. I did 5 or 6 sets of that and I had a ton more to give.

This morning I woke up and I was checkin myself out in the mirror and my chest is looking a bit like boobs. Im not sure why my brain is working on me like that NOW and not 40 pounds ago. However, im never shirtless around anyone and I have a decent shape with clothes on now. There is nothing to worry about :cool:

Im gonna do something today fitness wise, but I haven't figured out quite what it is.

just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

What exercise was that? More weight than I can lift, especially if it is the flat bench press or squats.

It is funny how the mind plays games with how you look. I always think that I have huge hips, but realistically, I am able to fit into normal size pants off the rack, so they can't be as big as my mind is telling me.

6. Laneage

Whoops, no context is kind of silly there. Yeah its flat bench :)
    ----
    Also, my grandma showed up to my office with some sausage kolaches, so its diet adapting time!

7. Laneage

Had 2 pounds of ribeye this weekend. I really only planned on having the 1 steak but Sunday I didn't eat with my parents and the other steak in the package was calling to me. I could have froze it, but it wanted to be eaten so I did it the favor. Yesterdays workout was also pretty great. The extra calories probably helped.

I'm going to compensate a bit and go lower calorie today.

Calories 1675 Carb 29% Fat 25% Protein 46%

8. Laneage

9. Laneage

Dug out a ton of old pants from my closet. Lots of them fit or almost fit. Won't even need to buy that many new pairs of pants until I cut down to the 10% bodyfat range! Yay!

Legs workouts today
    Calories 2013 Carb 50% Fat 17% Protein 33%

10. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Congratulations on the no smoking anniversary. 1 year is the big one. It is probably the single best thing you could do for your health.

11. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Congratulations on the not smoking for a year. Funny that I passed over your post, I thought it was an advertisement. I didn't read it until I saw Macdiver's post above.

12. Laneage

Thanks! I agree. If I had to point to one thing that helped the most in turning my situation around it is probably not smoking.

Thanks! Yeah its not the most advanced looking piece of software is it?

13. Laneage

Leg day went well. No complaints. Squat numbers coming up just a tad. Knees still hurt, pop, and sometimes buckle just about every rep. Feels like sometimes there's an air bubble or something in my left one. Kind of weird.

My body felt like it needed more sleep, so I slept until 7:20 am instead of my 5:20 am alarm. This happens almost every wednesday and friday (after a night workout and late meal). Just writing this down to think on.

Today is REST and i'm gonna try a day with no carb to see how I feel about it. Testing the waters out for keto later on... I'm not exactly sure how you are suppose to get 0.8-1g / lb protein and 60-70% fat ratio. That would be like 3000 calories a day for me.

Calories 1753 Carb 7% Fat 43% Protein 50%

14. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Here is a good article on protein requirements on a keto diet. Keep in mind that the recommendation is grams per kilogram body weight not pounds. Divide your body weight by 2.2 to get kilograms.

https://blog.virtahealth.com/how-much-protein-on-keto/

The take away is to fix your protien requirements in grams based on lean body mass, keep your carbs around 20 grams net and adjust your fat to either lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight

#54 macdiver, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A belated congrats on the no smoking anniversary.

Also, it was very nice to take into consideration the feeling of the second rib eye. :-)

Laneage likes this.
  16. Laneage

Thanks for that link, it helped me understand a bit more. My regular diet now is already on the moderate to high side, and cravings aside I don't have a problem hitting the carb numbers. So I just need to find the right ways of getting the fat.

17. Laneage

Chest/Arms today
    Calories 1859 Carb 8% Fat 41% Protein 50%
    26g C / 128g F/ 155g P

I wonder if I even need to have a protein powder supplement post workout... 21 fewer grams of protein powder would still have me at 134g :confused:

No carb cravings yet, lets see how the workout goes and post workout meals feel like :scared:

18. Laneage

Workout yesterday went pretty good. Very energized, yet a little on the weak side.

Today - a bit of the stair climber, pullups, and abs

Calories 1793 Carb 5% Fat 50% Protein 45%

19. Laneage

Saturday's nutrition
    Calories 2530 Carb 5% Fat 53% Protein 42%

Yesterday was day 4 and I finally felt like something was going on with the no carbs. I was super light headed after workout, kinda like I had the flu. Test strip changed colors also but its barely at the "small" mark. I don't mind the diet though. I get to play this wonderful game of "find out your favorite foods have small amounts of carbs" Like the chili packet I use has wheat flour in it, or the sugar free creamer has 2g of carbs per serving but no sugar.

Not 100% sure on todays nutrition yet

20. Laneage

Also would like to write this in my journal if I ever go back and read this, that right now at 189 lbs, I'm probably at my most attractive. This would be a nice weight to be at the end of maintenance/bulk periods. 31 waist jeans fit nicely, the large tshirts I wear hug me but its not obvious im wearing a super tight shirt. My problem from here will be keeping the fat in my face. When that goes away I start looking a little on the gaunt side. Then you start hearing the comments from the aunties "oh you are too skinny!"

Anyways - DEAR FUTURE ME - this is a really good weight to shoot for when you are not actively trying to get "them abs yo"

[​IMG]

TooMuch and dejavued like this.