1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Keys Fitness Power Cage KPS-PC? Quality?

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by vox87, Feb 15, 2005.

1. vox87

vox87 Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with Keys Fitness? Their quality and such?

http://www.keysfitness.com/st-rk-kps-pc.html

Went to a nearby Parabody dealer and, came across the above cage system. Dealer had both the Keys Fitness and the Parabody rack systems side by side on display.

http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/rack

First time I've seen both racks in person. Parabody's system was nice and solid. The Keys's system was nice and solid too but, appeared to have more for the $$$. It was $200-$300 cheaper than the Parabody's system and, the dealer mentioned that with Parabody, I was paying for the name.

At first, I thought he was trying to push the Keys product over the Parabody but, Keys appears to offer the same lifetime warranty as Parabody (or Lifefitness). And I think, Keys offers a lifetime warranty on their upholstery, were Parabody's is 3 years.

The only thing about the Keys's system was the lat attachment being below the top bar, unlike Parabody's, which is on top. To me, it was a bit low. And if I wanted to get vain, I like Parabody's gray and black look compared to the white and gray of Keys.

Also, have to mention the Keys Fitness FID Bench. It too was nice, in comparison to the Parabody's bench. The biggest thing, for me, was the bench sitting lower than Parabody's. Plus, it had a wider seat pad for leg extensions and such. And yes, $50 cheaper than the Parabody bench.

http://www.keysfitness.com/st-be-kps-fid.html

But, price is not the issue, more so quality. I've read on here, and other places, you can't go wrong with Parabody. Just want to see if the same was true for Keys Fitness. If so, I can invest the money into other equipment. If not, I'll just stick with my first selection and go with Parabody.

Thanks.

2. kmfisher

kmfisher Well-Known Member

Key's makes great stuff.

I would argue that Key's is better in quality than Parabody, Powertec, and a slew of others.

I would have gotten Key's stuff if it wasn't so expensive (at least where I live).

Edit: If I remember correctly, that Key's rack can support 1500 or 2000 lbs on it. That's a heck of a lot!

3. Dead-head

Dead-head Well-Known Member

How much was that Key's Power Rack?

4. vox87

vox87 Well-Known Member

Think it was $599 for the rack and $349 for the lat attachment (MSRP) but, quoted me a price of $800 for the whole setup. The Parabody, he offered a price of $1095 for the same setup. Think the MSRP of the Parabody was $1249.

Like I said, he was trying to push the Keys system. He didn't fault the Parabody system, just its price, but, for me, flags just go up when a sales person tries to push a certain product (especially one, less in price). Like it can't sale itself, especially when I expressed interest, initially, in the Parabody system.

So, I don't know. Maybe he was just trying to be honest about the two products or, trying to make a certain number of sales. Which I've learned that some dealers have to keep a certain level of sales, i.e. ...say on Lifefitness products, in order to carry/sell them. Maybe the same holds true for the Keys product.

#4 vox87, Feb 15, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2005