1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Kaizen - Continuous Improvement

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Shamie, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running / walking today: 6.14; w-t-d: 7.64; m-t-d: 57.63

Steps yesterday:
    days in a row steps over 12,000:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 12 days (prior streak 34 days)

Mon - 7/23/18. 65 treadmill; 20 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 22/23. Felt good running, and haven't felt lighted headed today (so far). My blood pressure medication was recalled. I had it filled in 2 places, Wegmans and Costco. I got a call from Costco that it was recalled. Nothing from Wegmans. Costco probably has 50 or 100 times as many pharmacy customers for their pharmacy, yet they called, nothing from Wegman's.:( Funny that I finished the order filled by Costco, yet still have the Wegmans prescription. It wasn't a batch of the drug, or the drug from a certain factory, it was all of the drug, and it was taken off the market. Tomorrow I plan to train shoulders, triceps.

Sun nutrition: 3921

Carbs: 533 54%
    Protein: 181 18%
    Fat: 134 31%
    Total: 103%
    sodium: 3739

Believe you can, believe you can't, either way you are correct.

#7461 Shamie, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Since I usually have 3-4 people in the house going through a lot of fruit is not an issue. I never knew that fact about the difference in peaches; thanks.

Glad your heel is on the mend.

3. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Don't know if it is a fact about the peaches, more of an observation.

Running / walking today: 0.00; w-t-d: 7.64; m-t-d: 57.63

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 13 days (prior streak 34 days)

Tues - 7/24/18. shoulders; triceps; 20 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 23/24. 9 exercises / 45 sets / 510 reps. I was listening to a podcast on the bus, but feel asleep 3 minutes after I put it on, and must have been in a deep sleep, I felt so out of it when I woke up. I am reading a John Grisham book "The Innocent Man". All his books are more or less the same, but they keep your interest, and are a quick read. I have been having more success reading on the way home, then on the way to work recently. One thing about reading, you have to be awake to read. Tomorrow I hope to run or back training #2.

Mon nutrition: 3145

Carbs: 422 54%
    Protein: 121 15%
    Fat: 117 34%
    sodium: 3,273

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Scary stuff about your BP med.

No doubt Grisham has a formula that has allowed him to publish many books.

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Yes, they say the blood pressure medication can cause cancer. Funny that I mentioned Wegmans didn't notify me, and when I got home that day, there was a letter in the mail.

Surprisingly, not more of Grisham's books have not been made into movies.

Running / walking today: 0.00; w-t-d: 7.64; m-t-d: 57.63

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 14 days (prior streak 34 days)

Weds - 7/25/18. back training day #2 (abbreviated); 20 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 24/25. 6 exercises / 31 sets / 379 reps. abs: 1 exercise / sets / 240 reps. I was reading Lanage update this morning, he ate 1,619 calories, I ate slightly double that. I wonder why he is successful in losing weight, and I am not. :confused: I cancelled my membership at LA Fitness, then last night I had a dream that I called them begging to cancel the cancellation, and they wouldn't let me. Tomorrow I plan to run.

Tues nutrition: 3351

Carbs: 456 54%
    Protein: 155 19%
    Fat: 112 30%
    sodium: 3,397

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Dear son went to PA to meet some friends this past weekend and for whatever reason they decided to meet at a Wegmans. He got there early, wandered inside to kill some time, and in short order called me to say that there was a full scale pub inside the supermarket, something I've never seen before. Not next to the market, but inside with no way to access it other than the main market's entrance. :rolleyes:

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Each state has strange laws regarding alcohol. NJ I think is very restrictive. In NJ, a chain of stores regardless of the size, can only have 2 locations that sell alcohol. So regardless if you are Walmart, or a mom and pop grocer, only 2 of their locations can sell liquor in the whole state. That is why places like Costco in NJ, a separate company runs the liquor store. It still feels strange to me when I am in NYC, the CVS or Walgreens sell beer. :confused: In NJ, you can't buy beer in a drugstore.:suspicious:

Running / walking today: 6.22; w-t-d: 13.86; m-t-d: 63.85

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 15 days (prior streak 34 days)

Thurs - 7/26/18. 65 treadmill, 20 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 25/26. I really felt like taking a rest day today, but I want to reach between 70-75 miles this month, and if I didn't run today, it isn't going to happen. I hate when carbs get over 500 grams, I actually hate when they get over 400 grams. But they will get lower, as I cut down on fruit. Yesterday I ate a pint of blueberries, 40 cherries, 2 apples, and 1 banana. Not replacing the apples and banana's when I finish them. If I didn't stop at McDonalds, I wouldn't have had any vegetables all day (I doubt many people could say that):). At McDonald's, there was lettuce and tomato on my Artisian grilled chicken sandwich. :lol:

Weds nutrition: 3535

Carbs: 507 57%
    Protein: 156 18%
    Fat: 116 30%
    Total: 105%
    sodium: 3,419

8. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

In Texas just about anywhere will sell you lite beer and wine, but not before noon on Sunday! And you can't get any hard liquor unless its from a special liquor store, but never on Sunday! Hard liquor is too much for Sunday!

"Alcohol > 15.5% ABV require additional licensing and on-premise beverages sold on Sunday between 10 A.M. and Noon must be accompanied by food."

If you go across the border over to Lousiana they don't care about anything :confused:

dejavued likes this.
  9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Shamie, I didn't know that about the 2 location maximum for selling liquor.

10. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I know much useless information. :)

I like that rule of on premises sold on Sunday between 10 A.M. and Noon must be accompanied by food." It is pretty specific. :)

I think I better brush up on my geography. I had no idea Louisiana bordered Texas. I knew Oklahoma, New Mexico & Arkansas. If I had to guess a 4th state, I would have guessed Mississippi. I had thought Louisiana bordered Florida.

Running / walking today: 0.00; w-t-d: 13.86; m-t-d: 63.85

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 16 days (prior streak 34 days)

Friday - 7/27/18. leg day, 20 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 26/27. 11 exercises / 56 sets / 701 reps. Good leg training session. Tomorrow I hope to train chest, abs & run. I have got to start doing a long marathon training run each weekend, otherwise I will have another marathon that I am unprepared to run in. One thing I know, all long runs will be outdoors. Maybe Sunday I can get myself to run early in the morning, nothing too long, 7- 8 miles. While I never found my backup step tracker, I got an email that the replacement for the one I sent to be repaired, was mailed yesterday. It definitely got me to walk more, I have slacked off walking since I have not been wearing one. TGIF.

Thurs nutrition: (forgot to bring info, but was almost identical to the day before).

Carbs: %
    Protein: %
    Fat: %
    Total: %
    sodium:

dejavued likes this.
  11. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania has wierder laws re alcohol than NJ. In PA, you go to beer distributor to buy beer but only can buy beer by the case. You go to state owned and operated liquor stores for wine and hard liquor. Bars can sell beer to go in six packs. I think they can sell bottles of wine but they must open it. You can put the cork back in and leave. My guess is Wegmans got a bar license to sell six packs.

12. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

That is wild.

Running / walking today: 1.00; w-t-d: 1.00; m-t-d: 64.85

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 17 days (prior streak 34 days)

Sat - 7/28/18. chest; abs, 10 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 27/28. 10 exercises / 52 sets / 681 reps. Abs: 1 exercise / 3 sets / 240 reps. My first exercise, flat bench press, when I was getting up after each set, my back felt in a lot of pain. But when I was done with that exercise, no further back issues. :confused: I thought I was going to stop lifting after the first exercise. I hope I am not a hypochondriac. I was walking just before, and all of a sudden I had a pain in the back of my right calf. I was thinking, I hope it is not a blood clot. That sounds like the thinking of a hypochondriac.:nod: I worked out this morning, but I had stuff to do, so I had to leave the gym. I am going back soon, to go to the pool. I had cancelled my membership at LA Fitness, but had it reinstated. I was going to cancel there, and just go to Lifetime Fitness going forward. But I had 2nd thoughts, and decided against that plan. Lifetime is in the opposite direction of NYC, so it is out of the way when I go to work. It is much nicer than LA Fitness, but costs roughly 5-6 times as much each month. I don't mind paying the higher monthly membership fee, since I get a lot of use from the gym, and I am frugal in most areas of my life. I just have to decide if I am going to again freeze the membership at Lifetime Athletic, or cancel (by Tuesday). Tomorrow I hope to run, or train back, or both.

Friday nutrition: (forgot to bring info, but was almost identical to the day before).

sodium:

#7472 Shamie, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  13. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running / walking Sun: 1.17; w-t-d: 2.17; m-t-d: 66.02
    Running / walking Mon: 7.37; w-t-d: 9.54; m-t-d: 73.39

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 19 days (prior streak 34 days)

Sun - 7/29/18. back; abs, 12 minutes treadmill, 20+20 sauna minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 28/29. 9 exercises / 46 sets / 550 reps. Abs: 1 exercise / 3 sets / 240 reps. I was watching a youtube clip from "Alpha M". He gives styling advice, I have watched a few of his videos, and I am amazed he has over 1 million subscribers. What I find funny is that he gives fashion advice, but he wears gold earrings, that make him look like Dr. Spock from Star Trek (but I digress). He had a clip on the 5 healthiest foods to eat at McDonalds. The item I mentioned "Artisian Grilled Chicken sandwich:" was on his list. Though he didn't do much research, since he got the calories wrong, he said 360, it actually is 380. He said protein was 30 grams, it actually is 37 grams.

Mon - 7/30/18. 75 treadmill, 25 sauna minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 29/30. I am off from work today, so I went to the gym later today. I had a list of things to get done today, like getting the oil changed in my car, getting my hair cut, but did neither. I felt good running today. I hope I can get myself to run 1.61 miles tomorrow, so I can reach 75 miles for the month, and also train shoulders.

Thurs nutrition: 3501

Carbs: 498 57%
    Protein: 156 18%
    Fat: 115 30%
    Total: 105%
    sodium: 3417

Fri nutrition: 3564

Carbs: 458 51%
    Protein: 164 18%
    Fat: 134 34%
    sodium: 3405

Sat nutrition: 3415

Carbs: 426 50%
    Protein: 140 16%
    Fat: 132 35%
    Total: 101%
    sodium: 3011

Sun nutrition: (forgot to bring with me yesterday's nutrition info)

sodium:

14. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running / walking today: 1.93; w-t-d: 11.47; m-t-d: 75.32; y-t-d: 381.04

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 20 days (prior streak 34 days)

Tues - 7/31/18. shoulders, triceps; 20 treadmill, 20 sauna minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 30/31. 9 exercises / 45 sets / 525 reps. I woke up at 3:40 am, 10 minutes before alarm. Normally I stay in bed for the 20 minutes until the next alarm (4:10 am), but not today. I left for the gym earlier than usual, scanned in at the gym at 4:51 am. So I also had time for the 20 minutes of running today. Oddly, I woke up early because I thought I heard the sound of it raining hard outside, but there was not a drop of rain this morning. Tomorrow I plan back & ab training.

Mon nutrition: (forgot to bring)

sodium:

#7474 Shamie, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  15. macdiver

Nice hitting your goal of 75 miles for the month

16. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Thank you. I would say that my goal for the month of August is 100 miles, but I am still having heel problems, so I don't know if that is realistic.

Running / walking today: 0.00; w-t-d: 11.47; m-t-d: 0.00

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep:
    workout streak: 21 days (prior streak 34 days)

Weds - 8/01/18. back#2, abs, 20 sauna minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 1/1. 6 exercises / 30 sets / 350 reps. Abs: 1 exercise / 3 sets / 240 reps. Either one of two things happened to me today. I either put the phone on top of my car, and forgot about it. Or, when I was taking the gym bag out of the back seat, I put the phone on the roof of my car, and forgot I put it there. I think the first was what happened. The phone case is black, the car is black, so it is not that easy to spot in the dark. When I am done working out, and return to my car in the rain, my phone is sitting on the roof of my wet car.:) Lucky I have an Otterbox phone case, since it protected the phone from the rain, and it is magnetic, so it stuck to the car. It has a strong magnet, it is hard to pull off anything that is made of steel. If I left it on the car roof from when I left for the gym, that is about a 6 mile drive, and it didn't fall off (pretty impressive). That case saved my phone. I received my Garmin watch back yesterday, and I am just about to start wearing it, once I charge it and sync it with my phone. Tomorrow I am taking a rest day, or running.

Tues nutrition: (forgot to bring)

sodium:

#7476 Shamie, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  17. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

your exercise streaks are really something!

crazy on the phone! the way that story started i was sure it was ending in tragedy! lol

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad the phone story had a happy ending.

19. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

My story is what keeps me from giving up my landline. I want to get rid of it, but I lose my phone a few times a week.

Thank you about the workout streak. I am someone who needs the momentum of working out each day. If I lose the momentum, my workouts would become infrequent at best.

I was lucky about the phone, I never even knew the phone case was magnetized. I thought it was the phone. The good thing about being behind in the phone models (I have I-phone 6), is that the cases for the old phones are always on the clearance rack. These Otterbox cases are expensive ($50-$60) for current model phones, but this one was marked down to about $10.00. I never realized before how important these cases are.

Running / walking today: 6.01; w-t-d: 17.48; m-t-d: 6.01

Steps yesterday:
    Sleep: 6.24 (3.07 deep, 3.17 light)
    workout streak: 21 days (prior streak 34 days)

Thurs - 8/02/18. 65 treadmill, 20 sauna minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 2/2. Didn't feel like running, my plan was anything is better than nothing. So I started walking for 2 minutes, then started running slowly, then at the end I wanted to reach 6 miles before 65 minutes, and had to run fast (for me) the last 15 minutes. I am wearing my Garmin Watch again, today I hope to reach 20,000 steps, since I already have over 13,000 steps today (mostly from running). Tomorrow I hope to train legs.

Weds nutrition: 3971

Carbs: 444 45%
    Protein: 173 17%
    Fat: 172 39%
    Total: 101%
    sodium: 3987

#7479 Shamie, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  20. macdiver

Glad the phone turned out ok. I didn't know otter phone cases were magnetic.