1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Kaizen - Continuous Improvement

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Shamie, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running today: 1.58; w-t-d: 16.55; m-t-d: 21.97

Friday - 1/12/18. leg training, 15 minutes treadmill; 20 sauna. m-t-d workouts: 11/13. Excellent leg day today, except for squats. I lacked flexibility today, and could not squat too low. Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor as a followup for the blood pressure visit. I feel better that I am taking the medication, but my blood pressure has not gone as low as I expected. Tomorrow I hope to train chest, abs, and run. Happy Friday.

Thurs nutrition: 3123

Carbs: 459 59%
    Protein: 171 22%
    Fat: 81 23%
    Total: 104%
    sodium: 2378 mg

Vegetables eaten yesterday:

sweet potato
    onion

Believe you can, believe you can't, either way you are correct.

2. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running Sat: 2.86; w-t-d: 2.86; m-t-d: 24.83
    Running Sun: 2.80; w-t-d: 5.66; m-t-d: 27.63

Sat - 1/13/18. chest training, 15+12 minutes treadmill; 25+10 sauna. m-t-d workouts: 11/13.

Sun - 1/14/18. back, ab training, 15+12 minutes treadmill; 25+15 sauna. m-t-d workouts: 12/14. My nose was bleeding last night, and after I ran the 15 minute run today. I thought I would have to do an abbreviated back day, since T-Bar row, and Bent over row your face is facing down, and I thought it would start bleeding, but I had no problem, and was able to do every exercise I planned. Yesterday, I am sitting in Starbucks, and before I take a sip of my drink, my nose starts to bleed. I think to myself I am lucky the blood didn't get on the coat. Then I go to use the bathroom before I leave, and there are big drops of blood on the front of the coat near the collar. I put water on some napkins that I had in my coat pocket and wiped the blood off, but while you can't see blood, that part of the coat looks different. I will take a look at it later, maybe today it dried, and is back to normal.

Yesterday, I go to the doctor for the followup on the blood pressure visit. The nurse takes it, he takes it after, and it is in the low 140's, the bottom number is normal. He seem confused, like I was seeing him for the first time. I tell him I was there 3 weeks ago, and he put me on medication, and that I expected the blood pressure to be lower or normal with the medication. He gives me a flippant answer, that he could give me so much medication to get it normal, but I would faint. I didn't like that answer, and I won't be back to him.:mad: How is 140 good with medication, when it should be 120? I did like when the nurse weighed me (fully dressed with shoes), she started the scale at 150 pounds, and kept increasing until she got my weight (towards 195). She said, you look a lot thinner. I told her I will take that as a complement.:nod: I am going to a new rheumatologist Tuesday, and I am going to ask him if he can recommend a doctor. Tomorrow I hope to train arms, abs, and run. Though it is Martin Luther Kind day tomorrow, I have to work. The one good thing, is that most people are off, and I will definitely get a spot in the park & ride, and the trip in will be quick.

Fri nutrition: 3203

Carbs: 439 54%
    Protein: 168 21%
    Fat: 92 26%
    Total: 101%
    sodium: 2328 mg

Sat nutrition: 2444

Carbs: 329 54%
    Protein: 83 14%
    Fat: 95 32%
    Total: 100%
    sodium: 1888 mg

Vegetables eaten Friday:

Zilch

Vegetables eaten Sat:

Sweet Potato

#7182 Shamie, Jan 14, 2018 at 2:41 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 5:16 PM
  3. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running today: 1.57; w-t-d: 7.23; m-t-d: 29.20

Mon - 1/15/18. arms, ab training, 15 minutes treadmill; 25 sauna. m-t-d workouts: 13/15. Since I still have pain near my left elbow, arm day is my most painful workout. It is the only training that is really affected, except for chin ups / pull ups are very painful, which is why I stopped doing them as soon as this issue started. I plan to ask the rheumatologist about the elbow pain tomorrow during my visit. I got to NY in no time today (Martin Luther King Day). Slightly less than 30 minutes from the park & ride. Tomorrow I am either running, or training shoulders.

Sat nutrition: 3018

Carbs: 432 58%
    Protein: 144 19%
    Fat: 91 27%
    sodium: 2580 mg

Vegetables eaten Friday:

sweet potato
    onion

4. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running today: 1.57; w-t-d: 8.80; m-t-d: 30.77

Tues - 1/16/18. shoulders; ab training, 15 minutes treadmill; 25+15 sauna. m-t-d workouts: 14/16. I went to the new rheumatologist today, and he seems excellent. He wants to get him some tests that I took recently with my general doctor, blood test, EKG, and X-rays of my hands. He said from his first impression, I don't have psoriatic arthritis, but osteoarthritis. He also checked my knees, and asked me if I was aware I had osteoarthritis in my knees (I wasn't aware). He said my toes are unaffected by arthritis, he said usually it is the opposite, it is the toes first, and it moves up. That would be great news if I don't actually have psoriatic arthritis. The nurse takes my blood pressure, it is 147/69.:( Tomorrow I plan to run.

Mon nutrition: 2961

Carbs: 405 55%
    Protein: 143 19%
    Fat: 98 30%
    sodium: 2526 mg

Vegetables eaten Sunday:

sweet potato

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Running today: 3.42; w-t-d: 12.22; m-t-d: 34.19

Weds - 1/17/18. 35 minutes stair master, 35 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 15/17. Today is my last day for sweet potatoes. I kind of got used to them, but I definitely like the white russet potatoes (with a little butter) much better. Both are good sources of potassium, but sweet potatoes are more nutritious. I have been having Greek yogurt daily - plain, zero fat, 1/2 of a pint (1 cup), is 260 calories, and 46 grams of protein. I don't really like the taste of f/f Greek yogurt, but I add a little granola, to make the taste bearable. Tomorrow I plan an abbreviated back training (3 exercises), and run for 35-45 minutes. I am not trying for 100+ miles running this month (streak is over), but I want to at least reach 50+ miles.

Tues nutrition: 3196

Carbs: 345 43%
    Protein: 185 23%
    Fat: 126 36%
    Total: 102%
    sodium: 2543 mg

Vegetables eaten Tuesday

sweet potato

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

With the yogurt, is it the fat itself that you're avoiding or the calories that come with the fat?

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I buy the Greek yogurt quart 2 pack at Wegmans or Costco, and it is approximately $5.85, and the fat free plain is the only choice. But even if I had a choice, I would go for the plain, and fat free. I don't like the added sugar to the flavored varieties, and dairy fat is mostly saturated fat, which I try to avoid (I am trying to avoid a heart attack).

Running today: 0.00; w-t-d: 12.22; m-t-d: 34.19

Thurs - 1/18/18. weekly back day #2 ((3 exercises), 25 minutes stair master, 25 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 16/18. Tomorrow I hope to train legs. Otherwise, I can't think of anything to write today.

Weds nutrition: 3299

Carbs: 358 43%
    Protein: 146 18%
    Fat: 150 41%
    sodium: 20013 mg

Vegetables eaten Tuesday

sweet potato
    onion

Believe you can, believe you can't, either way you are correct

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I'll assume that the above is a typo; an extra zero perhaps?

9. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

It must have been, if it was correct, I would have had a stroke by now. :)

Running today: 1.54; w-t-d: 13.76; m-t-d: 35.73

Friday - 1/19/18. leg, ab training, 15 minutes treadmill, 15 minutes sauna. m-t-d workouts: 17/19. Good workout today. Tomorrow I plan to train chest. Speaking of blood pressure, mine went up when I saw the claim submitted the doctor submitted for my office visit to the doctor to check my blood pressure. He submitted a claim to the insurance company for $550, not counting the additional amount for the pneumonia vaccine I was given. The insurance company told me to pay him $243 (their negotiated rate with him). I am responsible for the first $2,000 of expenses with this insurance company (United Healthcare / Oxford)., except for certain preventive care. They told me he submitted a claim for a 45 minute office visit, I was in his office for 15 minutes at most, and 10 minutes of that time was waiting for him. I am going to contact his office and try to have it adjusted to the correct amount of time, and get that amount reduced. How silly is that, to be charged $550.00 for checking my blood pressure. The only good news was that the pneumonia vaccine that he gave me was considered preventive, so there was no charge for that. His claim for administering the vaccine, was $88.00.:crazy:

Thurs nutrition: 3409

Carbs: 387 45%
    Protein: 174 20%
    Fat: 140 37%
    sodium: 2406 mg

Vegetables eaten Thurs

onion

Believe you can, believe you can't, either way you are correct

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Medical expertise aside, the guy's a shyster. Kudos to you for calling him out on it.