1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

JVib's first Pics

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by JVib, May 13, 2006.

1. JVib

JVib Active Member

I was going to wait until the second week of June to post my pics, but after my amazing fat loss over the last 4 weeks I decided to post some pics today.

The first pic was taken back in February. I was about 6lbs heavier when I started cutting but didn't bother to take a pic then (newbie).

The second pic I took this morning after riding my recumbent bick for 30 min. In this pic I am at 178.5lbs with 12.15% BF (going by my accumeasure). I will post new pics in June.

Usually I have my wife take the pics, but she is still asleep.

#1 JVib, May 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  2. specialk

specialk Well-Known Member

Very nice work. You really have made a tremendous improvement on your physique. I bet it spills over to all facets of your life.

3. MattD

MattD Well-Known Member

WOW! you have made incredible progress is such a short time. You look fantastic....did you cut mainly through cardio or weights?

It looks like you have quite a setup in your garage too!

Great work - keep it up!:bb:

4. JVib

JVib Active Member

Thanks SpecialK,
    I definitely feel more confident. I know I won't mind taking my shirt off at the pool or the beach this summer and that feel pretty damn good.

Thanks MattD,
    My lifting routine is only 2 days per week (push pull)
    I do cardio 6 days per week: 30 min on exercise bike & I take 1-2 mile walks on my lunch breaks (weather permitting) mon-fri.
    But I really think it was the eating plan that had the most impact. The shape I was in when that first pic was taken was mostly due to eating A LOT of refined sugar. I am a sugar junky (but I haven't eaten any substancial refined sugar since Dec 23rd 2005). When I get stressed I really eat a lot of sugar (candy, pasteries, sugary cereal, etc.) I went from 172 to 198 from late 2003 to the end of 2005 (During that time I went back to school nights, got a new job, got married and got a step daughter. STRESSS!!!) Going to 6 meals per day and eating very clean is causing the fat to come off.

as for the home Gym. I have pics of it posted under JVib's Gym. Took me 20 years and over $16000 to complete it, but it was worth every cent.

5. mrgrieves

mrgrieves Well-Known Member

Wow. That's pretty damn remarkable for 3 months. I'm kind of like your Feb picture. I'm @190 lbs with @ 22%-24% bf. Gives me hope. I just need tyo be more consitant wityh my cardio and take a long hard look at my diet.

But seriously, that's a awesome result in a short period of time.

6. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    :eek: I'm really glad you did. This is another incredible transformation and the time in which you've accomplished it makes things even more phenomenal. You look absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing. This is gonna provide inspiration to a lot of people, myself among them. :D :tucool:

M@

7. escher

escher Well-Known Member

I applaud you on your accomplishment, especially in a short amount of time. Nice work man! You're looking great! Definitely a great example of what you can do with some dedication. Thanks!

8. Maxzeus

Maxzeus Well-Known Member

Wow :tucool: Great transformation, and only about 2 and a half months. Great Job, keep the good work.

9. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Count me among your admirers. You look years younger and fit as an athlete.:tu:

10. jkisner

jkisner Well-Known Member

Do you mind sharing your diet?

That is just amazing in just a few months!

11. JVib

JVib Active Member

Here it is Jkisner,

I am currently following a cutting diet: Broken into 6 meals, aprox 2000 - 2200 cals per day, 146+ grams of protein.

Generally it goes like this:
    5:00 – get up ride exercise bike for 30 min.
    5:30am – Kashi “7 in the morning Cereal”, ½ cup skim milk & 1.5 serv of fat free cottage cheese: 380 cal; 33g protein.
    8:30pm – 1 serving of “Old Wessex” Oat Bran hot cereal, 1 med banana, 4-5oz chicken, turkey or fish (what ever I cooked the night before): 360 cal; 35g protein
    11:30am – 1 100% whole wheat “Matthew’s brand” English muffin, 1 serv whey protein powder, ½ cup skim milk, med apple: 380 cal; 30g protein.
    11:30ish – take ½ - 1 hour walk (depending on day and weather)
    2:30pm – 1 jumbo Boca burger (traditional vegan style), 2 slices of “Vermont brand” 100% whole wheat bread, med apple (plus 1 flax seed oil supplement): 340 cals; 36g protein.
    5:30pm – (dinner varies quite a bit. Usually 4-5 oz of turkey, chicken, fish or 1.25 cups of scrambled egg whites + 5 servings of a green veggie: asparagus, zucchini, snap peas, or spinach: Aprox 340cal; 30 to 37g protein (depending on what I eat for a veggie)
    8:30pm – 1 serv whey protein, ½ cup skim milk (plus 1 flax seed oil supplement & 2 fiber supplements to help slow digestion of the whey) & 1 med. cucumber (sliced w/ Mrs. Dash seasoning): 300 cal; 23g protein.

I follow this to the “T” Monday through Friday. I do well on the weekends and allow myself 1 or 2 good cheat meal per week.

12. jkisner

jkisner Well-Known Member

thanks

Thanks.

Gives me a great guide.. should probably just use it to the "T".

Starting June 4th, I am changing (on vacation next week). Time to get into shape.

Jacob

13. sfc01

sfc01 Well-Known Member

That is really, really great progress. Very inspiring! :tu:

14. Sole

Sole Well-Known Member

Amazing progress!! Well done, well done.

Can you tell us more about your training history? Have you bulked/cut before?

15. Coachese

Coachese Well-Known Member

The fact that you have you pants unbuttoned in the 'before' picture is totally hilarious!

You should have entered one of those BFL challenges -- it is clear that you had a real nice base under that layer of sugar!

Great Job and don't ever go back!!!!

:tucool:

16. JVib

JVib Active Member

Hey Sole,

Here is my story. I started to get a bit on the "chubby" side at around 11-12yrs old, mostly because I had an awful diet (Mostly junk food). I had a few people comment about my weight gain as I entered my early teens and by high school I was pretty self conscious about my weight. I made the typical mistakes to lose weight, skipping breakfast, skipping other meals and never made any progress in losing the fat.

I started lifting when I was 16yrs old (I turned 37 today). My brother had an old weight bench with those "Sears brand" sand weights. I started using that thinking that lifting was the key to getting cut.....I was wrong. But, I really enjoyed lifting and began buying my own gym equipment when I got my first summer job at age 17. As the years past I got most of my info on lifting from magazines. But it was always my sugar laden diet that was holding me back from getting cut. My lifting was general fitness stuff, mixed with some heavy lifting cycles and some "high rep/low weight" lifting to try to get cut.

I discovered Clarence Bass in the mid 90's and tried to follow his eating plan (Which is basically a cutting plan, but it tends to be very low on protein and I always kept it too low on calories). This worked pretty well, but I always fell off the wagon and went on major sugar binges which blew me ever getting to single digit body fat %.

I never knew there was such a thing as "bulking" (routines & diet) until this year. I always assumed that lifting heavy was enough (even though past experience proved me wrong time and time again.) The positive to all of this is that I have my own gym, and now I finally have the information I need to be more successful at cutting and bulking

Coachese,

The reason I unbuttoned my pants was because they are a 34 waist and I was stuffing my 38 inches of waist into them. When I had a loose shirt on they didn’t look to bad. With my shirt off my “love handles” REALLY stuck out.

It is a pretty funny pic. One of the best pieces of advice I received from this site is to take a before pic.

17. specialk

18. JVib

JVib Active Member

Here is the newest comparison:

Pic 1 from Febuary 06
    Pic 2 from June 06

#18 JVib, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  19. groomy

groomy Well-Known Member

Very inspiring and motivating to see such great progress!

I'm progressing at a much slower pace and your post has made me want to put a bit more effort into it.

keep up the fantastic effort :tucool:

20. specialk

Looking great JVib. Your shoulders are really rounding out nicely. Keep up the dedication. BTW you posted before that you were using a slower tempo while lifting; how is that working for you?