1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Justitia's approaching 72... Time to get body renewed

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Justitia, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:30 AM.

1. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I can't believe when I first started on JSF, summer of 2004, I was 56 and considered one of the "oldsters" back then. What would everyone - if they were still here -- think now. I need to update my pic - I am 58 there and in the last 3 years, since my partner, PGC, passed, my face has aged significantly.

It's been a horrible past few yrs. Not only did PGC pass, but within the same time frame, so did my mother, father, (both at age 94) my mentor and best friend of 25 years (at age 70), some of my closest friends where I live and the rest all retired and moved away or at least are never around to socialize. There are different pressures on me at the University. Even my therapist of 25 yrs has reached his mid 90's and though still professionally active in terms of writing, publishing and presentations around the world - is no longer able to stay focused during a session. I now see him once a month.

I do have a new therapist as well; she is a year older than me. She is being extremely supportive of me re-building my life -- being available by text, short spontaneous phone calls as well as our regular sessions. She is encouraging me on a daily basis, sometimes more than once a dya. It is what I need right now - as I have no other source of support.

I am trying to become more upbeat. I realize I am re-building my life from ground up. And part of that has to be my physical "recovery" - that is, recovering from several yrs of physical neglect, a number of spine-related surgeries and other stuff.

So I know I have made this declaration a number of times here on JSF since PGC died, but I want this one to be the one that works.

So I am declaring myself on a new physical fitness trend - starting today - day after Thanksgiving Nov 29, 2019.

With the next post, I will report my weight, my food and my physical activity. I am hoping to start with a trainer on Tuesday. He seems really good and very motivating.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Very nice to see you post again yet I'm sorry to read about the totality of your difficulties. A few old timers, such as me, are still around and I'm confident you'll find a supportive yet smaller community here.

Wishing you well in your journey.

3. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

thank you so much, Seltzer...

Seltzer likes this.
  4. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Justitia,
    Seems like you are proactively taking on the challenges of your life. Good luck on getting back on track for your fitness.

Seltzer likes this.
  5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Welcome back. :wave:

I read your post yesterday. This morning I came across an article that talked about the positive benefits in mental health and happiness of frequent cardio exercise and also mindful movement in yoga (link below).

I'll be following your success.

The Unexpected Psychological Benefits Of Aerobic Fitness

6. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Thank you, everyone, so much for your support! It is definitely motivating...

So I finally weighed myself this AM hoping that the binging of sweet stuff earlier in the week would be gone... But it wasn't. My weight hit 160.

I am having medium success with sleep. Getting to bed on time but waking up after a little less than 6 hrs and the Meditation app I use to get me back to sleep was wiggy and kept me awake So I gave up. So today was a draggy day. No gym today or yesterday for the same reason.

But I am not only restoring my health and[hysical fitness but I am also getting my apartment back into shape. I lived off my organization over the years, while I was caring for PGC and it deteriorated over time. It is going to take me as long to get my apartment back in shape as it is going to take to get myself back into shape.

My food has been good. Just have to realize I am not going to get to 100% overnight ...:bb:

7. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

And, Macdiver, I defiinitely notice my spirits uplifting when I am regualrly doing cardio.

8. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

And, Macdiver, I definitely notice my spirits uplifting when I am regularly doing cardio.