1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Just humiliated myself today..can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Christian13, Jan 17, 2007.

1. philph

philph Well-Known Member

It's a long time since I last went on a treadmill. But one time, my foot accidentally went onto the non-moving part and I somehow got catapulted up, rebounded off the machine on my way down, landed on my butt on the treadmill again, shot forward and again collided with the front, got catapulted a second time, and this time by pure fluke landed on my feet, shot forward again, this time colliding with the stop button leaving me standing totally composed, stationary and upright.

These days for my cardio I just go for a straightforward low tech run outside.

2. needachange

needachange Active Member

Sorry P but just the mental image of that had me rolling, made my morning :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't mean to laugh at your expense but that was hilarious :D

Makes me think of this time when I was about 13 or so my buddies parent had a treadmill. I'd never been on one and it had the little magnet that clipped to your shirt or whatever so if you fell it would shut off. Well the treadmill was "on" somehow and I picked up the little magnet thing and stuck it on the sensor and the treadmill burst into like a 12MPH pace and I ate crap right on it on and went flying off the end. It hurt so bad but your story made me recall that happening to me years ago :lol:

3. Jokat

Jokat Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

My story is not about something that happened to me but rather a fellow gym member.

At my gym the rowing machines are situated behind the treadmills about 4 or so meters away. I was happily rowing away when out of the corner of my eye a lady came flying across the gym towards me, in the air!

Somehow she had been catapuled off the treadmill and half way across they gym. :lol::lol:

She got up very quickly and tried to compose herself but before she could get away just about every staff member had come to her rescue as well as a couple of other members. She insisted that she was not injured but the staff insisted on carting her away to the medical room to check her out, much to her further embarassment. I think it is the gym's policy to make sure she is ok so avoid being sued etc.

A few days later all the treadmills had white painted arrows on them so you can now see if they are moving or not. I guess what happened is someone left the treadmill running at a high speed and just walked off, she must have then stepped onto it not realising that it was on.

Needless to say, I nearly died of a heart attack having this woman bear down on me like that.

:lol::lol:

4. Bobby88

Bobby88 Active Member

There was this one time at the gym when I was suppose to do bench press. One really big guy was lifting before me and left a whole bunch of plates on the barbell. I had started removing the plates on one end without locking the barbell...
    Outcome: The barbell was flying across the gym on the other end, eventually hitting a treadmill which was nearby. Everyone was looking at me...:lol::lol::lol:

5. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

Ahh, the backstory. No longer will I wonder why Chris is allergic to cardio. Sweeeeeet.:lol:

6. eleonardo

eleonardo Well-Known Member

aaaah it all makes sense now! :lol:

7. darksleeper25

darksleeper25 Active Member

That kind of stuff hasn't happened to me yet. But I've seen it happen at my gym to other people and luckily, the gym I go to is full of people that take things seriously. If something happens like that at my gym, you've immediately got like 4 or 5 people rushing towards you to make sure everything is alright. It's taken pretty seriously and nobody ever laughs.

8. Adam and Jess

Adam and Jess Well-Known Member

you should feel humiliated.. because if i saw that I would have to thank you because I'd lose about 1200 calories from laughter..

9. George

George Senior Member

:rolleyes:

10. Coachese

Coachese Well-Known Member

Lifting and watching TV are not mutually exclusive.:p

I fell over doing bulgarian split squats - I couldn't figure out how to disengage from the bench and fell over like a sack of potato(e)s

11. Adam and Jess

Adam and Jess Well-Known Member

:p :p :p :p :p

12. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:confused:

Agreed! You can definitely do both, I just think it's bad if you only watch TV. :)

13. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I haven't puked yet from lifting...

I've puked from running AFTER lifting though.

14. Dubrock

Dubrock Well-Known Member

My worst was dropping a 35lb plate on my toe when I was setting up a dip belt. Now, I've dropped plates on my foot before, but never like this. It completely fractured my big right toe. It hurt like hell, but I still finished that my workout. :lol:

15. Christian13

Christian13 Well-Known Member

:lol:

Yeah the same thing happened to me before. Dropped a dumbbell on my big toe. Pain was throbbing, but eventually went away. Finished my workout, when I went home, my toe was twice as big and red!:whistle:

16. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Got dextrose?

17. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

No but I got Xtend.