1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Just getting started

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Bobby Lee, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Bobby Lee

Bobby Lee Well-Known Member

Hi All and John,
    I am just getting started and am going to go for the embarrassing pictures. I am now converting my old den into the new home gym. My wife is very excited about what is about to happen. Seeing all you people and the stories are really an inspiration to me. But I admit, I need all the help I can get. I'm fat and lazy and hopefully that is now going to change. Thank you everyone and especially John for the site and helping me get started. So, how do I make the file size of my pictures smaller so I can post them? Thanks.

2. daveo

daveo Well-Known Member

Close...

Oh come on. You've got to be more motivated than that!

How about (I'll say it with you) "I'm fat and lazy and that IS going to change!" :tu:

I've been at the dieting thing for about a week now (got my gym membership yesterday, first workout tonight!) and can tell you that at the beginning it's all mental.

Good luck!

3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to the forums!

You can re-size your pictures using just about any photo editing program. If you are using Windows and don't have anything better, try using Microsoft "Paint".

4. BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Bobby - look forward to checkout your before-shots.

5. Rockman

Rockman Well-Known Member

Bobby Lee, good decision to post pics. It's a great motivator. Looking forward to following your progress. Oh, and great photo viewer/editor is Irfan plus it's small, powerful and FREE.

6. citrixmeta

citrixmeta Well-Known Member

good job bobby!!!

we are behind ya all the way, let us know if you have any questions.
    this site is full full full of great info.

set your goal
    Plan it out
    and stick to it...

:tu: :tu: :tu:

7. Skipernicus

Skipernicus Well-Known Member

Let me tell you how I quit smoking

The way I quit smoking is I started to say "I'm not a smoker" out loud. People have the uncanny ability to become what they believe they are.

Bobby Lee is not fat and lazy. He used to be, but he's one of us now.

Right? :db:

8. Bobby Lee

That's Right!!

Thank you Skipernicus! The positive energy that comes from this site is unbelievable. One big question for everyone, I quit the soda cold turkey. Been 2 days now. Just drinking water. I was drinking between 12-14 a day. How do I get rid of this pounding headache? Can someone just chop it off for me please? I'm positive this is going to be a great thing though. Hi to all!!

9. nibrudt

nibrudt Well-Known Member

If you were drinking 12 - 14 pops a day, the caffeine addiction you probably had is going to make you feel like crap for a while since you went cold turkey. Luckily for me, I had dropped the amount of soda I consumed to about 1 a day (with big meals) before I completely cut it out of my diet. You might consider doing a step down program or something a little less drastic if it's hurting you physically.

10. d_samuylin

d_samuylin Well-Known Member

You've got a great website. however, I think that you consume too few calories. I would increase calories to 1800 minimum or better 2000 a day and also increase cardio and weight lifting. You don't have much to lose. It'll be done in no time.

11. ibrewale

ibrewale Well-Known Member

I have found in the past when I quit cold turkey, that the headache lasted only about 2 days, you may be almost out of it.....hang in there, you can do it!!

Jerry

:gl:

12. Bobby Lee

Thanks a lot!

You were right, the headache lasted about 4 days and now at 1 week I am headache free and on a roll. I almost caved once, but thought about how I would have to start all over again. Thank you for the support.