1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

July 2009 TSM: vertigo88

Discussion in 'Transformation Spotlights' started by John Stone, Jul 1, 2009.

1. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Great work and progress! What a great testimony to someone who took what others might have used as a reason to throw in the towel on life and being active and instead making it a driving force behind how you live life.

Congrats Sam! :tucool:

2. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

it's funny as at one point I was thinking....what if someone asks to prove it? Thank god I keep log books ;)

3. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

Thank you. I've had two people in the last four years who actually wondered why I didn't take advantage and go on disability :eek: One was a relative of mine. I was so shocked at the time I didn't even know how to answer. I was off of work for 2.5 months and it was the LONGEST months of my life. I returned to work before I was "supposed" to, just couldn't take it any more. Life passing you buy every day, kids waiting for the bus, people going to and from work etc, tv and sleeping gets dull pretty fast.

4. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Great story, and awesome job. A whole year without missing a workout (doing more than scheduled!) is praise worthy indeed! I'll need to remember that the next time I turn off the alarm and contemplate crawling back into bed!

Thanks for the inspiration!

5. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

What a great and inspirational story, Vertigo! Congratulations on your spotlight, you've highly deserved it! :nod: :claphigh:

Rogo

6. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

congratulations sam, i'm an early riser and i cherish the mornings. a year is along time and a clear mark of your work ethic. that is very inspiring to everyone and indeed a substantial contribution to this forum. thank you!

7. Carole

Carole Well-Known Member

:) In the face of circumstances that would be staggeringly challenging for anyone, and insurmountable for many, you are prevailing; a difficult task undertaken and a job incredibly well done young woman ! :claplow:

:)
    Do know that based on your track record I think I’d be willing to “bet the farm” on you !:tu:

8. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

thanks LSC. I honestly didn't expect other to be motivated by my progress, more just "way to go" type of stuff. Just don't pass out from heat exhaustion or now I'll feel badly ;)

Thank you Jaer.

Much appreciated Rogo.

hey pmc, there aren't many people who can say "i'm an early riser and i cherish the mornings" :lol: :tucool:

Thank you Carole for the compliments. Your avatar is unbelievable! Congrats!!

9. LoneStarChick

LoneStarChick Well-Known Member

Of course we are motivated!! I think, other than recognition, the TSM is primarily for motivation. It reminds us of what can be accomplished when we are willing to put forth the effort, hard as it may be sometimes. It reminds us that we aren't the only ones out there struggling to put one foot in front of the other. For some of us, it's easier to move forward in our own journey when we see that someone else has already done it. It's encouraging to look at pictures of people like you and think, "That could be me!"

Bah! I'm no Seltzer. I can't put my thoughts into words the way he can. :kickrock:

10. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Sam, what'syour height as I wanted to have a guess at your weight:D (with all that muskel;))

11. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

Odd, I thought I put it in there. But you're right...much more fun if I didn't. I am 5'6, think the same as you and deja.

12. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

mm, okay :) well I am hovering between 126 and 130 at the moment, and I think you have more muscle than I and are still losing some BF so I will guess around 145-150lbs???

13. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

:lol:

nope. there's a reason I enjoy avoiding the scale :D It's been an interesting year. I didn't weight in before the six weeks of cleaning up my diet and getting back into meal prep etc. June 1, 2008 I weighed in at 189 lbs :eek: June 1, 2009 186 lbs :rolleyes: The heaviest I have ever been in my adult life occured the first week in january (after my working out, usual eating and five weeks of whatever else due to xmas festivities) I was horrified (as I felt fine...clothing etc) to look down to see a scale weight of 199 lbs :eek: Now, a bit of that was xmas bloat for sure, but I think my "indirect mini bulk" was pretty successful. I am now sitting at 184 lbs as of this morning. Lowest I've seen over the last 59 weeks :lol:.

So the 125-132 ish you and deja hit.......I don't think at 15%bf I'd get no where near there. I think my goal is to see what 170 looks like and perhaps 160.....but I honestly don't think I have that high of a bf to see anything much lower than 160, could be wrong, which makes the whole process sorta fun.

I suspect june 1, 2010 (two full years) to be the time frame where I'm happy where I'm at. Weekly I'm seeing more definition.

14. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:eek::D wow i was way off, Lady you have some serious muscle mass on that body, i think in part because you aren't scared of calories:claplow::bow::bow: also jst shows how different we all are ;)

15. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

thx jedi. With all the above stats, and the pics above, any guesses at "ideal" scale weight? Would probably be fine with 18% as a "perfect". Seems like the healthiest option for females.

The higher cals I think also help given farm, work, ~6hr sleep M-F, and disease. If I'm hungry I have something to eat. I entered a day last week in fitday as a check an it was 2000 cals, 40/30/30 (I've rounded slightly). I'm a wuss as well as far as being hungry....I can't sleep or nap with that type of sensation. My mother used to joke that she never had to worry about me having an eating disorder, always ate well :lol:. Could also explain why I'm not trail blazing down the scale lbs either :confused: ;)

I also think genetics have a part to play. My bro and dad are both large, 6'3 and far from bean poles. As far as bone etc, my middle finger and thumb just meet.

16. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

also, you picked the 'correct' weight (145-150) most people pick if I ask "guess my weight" :)

17. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Yeh, 160 is probably a good ultimate goal for ya:tu:

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Way to go, pushing through all of those obstacles is very inspiring. :)

19. vertigo88

vertigo88 Active Member

Thank you mr. may ;)

technically at the moment I'd be happy to see 180, as messed up as that is. :rolleyes:

20. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Calender! :jumping: