1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

JSF Running Club

Discussion in 'Running' started by phillydude, Aug 11, 2014.

1. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks for the offer of lodging. Those of us in the lottery for Broad Street should know by mid-week. We'll keep the discussion here to avoid cluttering up Seltzer's journal (so he can post moar foodie stuff). :tu:

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Dinner has already been decided, but you're going to have to go to my journal to read it. No rush, it's not there yet. :lol:

3. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    Just putting this out there... I'm thinking about it.

http://www.trisportsevents.com/index.cfm?ref=50200&ref2=31

The 5k and half marathon starts and finishes at the Air Mobility Command Museum. The course is very flat and is run entirely on Dover Air Force Base grounds. Out and back half marathon course will take participants down the flight line in front of C5 and C17 aircraft, the largest aircraft in the free world. Quality “DAFB Heritage Half Marathon & 5K Run/Walk” Tech Shirts provided to all participants. Custom event medals to all half marathon finishers. Bring the family and enjoy the museums - nine exhibits and thirty refurbished aircraft.

Merica!

4. matalo

matalo Well-Known Member

It's a shame you guys are so far from me and more of a shame I cannot afford to travel up there as I would love to participate in the group.

5. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Where at in Texas are you?

Lonestarchick, who occassionally posts on here, is a runner. Maybe the two of you could have a jsf meet up. Her last posts where last fall.

6. matalo

matalo Well-Known Member

I live in Katy, west of Houston, but am open to meet anywhere in TX for a member get together.

7. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

I am 6 weeks post-op on my right hip replacement. Just about through with physical therapy.

I have enjoyed not going into the office!

I figure I can just volunteer to get your guys water.

8. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    So.... who all is running Baltimore this October?

I've decided to focus my training on the local half-marathon in early November (skipping Philly altogether this year). I'm scheduled to run ten on the weekend of Baltimore, so I guess it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to do the half there (M@ and I were planning on doing both last year until the weather took a turn and we decided to bail on the local race, even though he and his wife had already made the trip over the bridge to hang out).

I'll also be doing the 15k in Wilmington DE again this year... I met up with Jaer at that race a few years back (he ran the 5k)... it's a wicked fast group of runners, but it's also a nice low-key race. That's Oct 11th, one week before Baltimore. And the exact date for my local race is Nov 1, in case anyone wants to come visit the Dude...

#68 phillydude, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Wifey and I will be running the half in Baltimore. 94 days, but who's counting? :lol:

10. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I'll be running NYC with Shamie on Nov 1 or else I might consider your local race.