1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

JSF Running Club

Discussion in 'Running' started by phillydude, Aug 11, 2014.

1. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Bandit! Miss you man... I ran Disney in 2011 (both the half and the full).

LSC! Miss you girl... are you still running Vegas this fall?

2. LoneStarChick

LoneStarChick Well-Known Member

Well, I'm all paid up for the race, but I don't have the cash for the plane and hotel now. Moving to Texas used all I had. I'm so disappointed. Are you running it?

3. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry to hear that... the bigger question is, if you DID have the cash to get there (and stay there)... would you be ready to do the race?

As for me, I decided to stay closer to home and run the Philly Marathon in late November (with Seltzer, Shamie, and MacDiver), and I am doing two half marathons as part of my prep (Baltimore in mid October with M@) and a local one here in MD in early November.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Glad you're back where you want to be, but sorry to read that you won't be able to run in LV.

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Cross posted from my journal:

A short while ago I deferred my and wife's registration for this year's Baltimore half mary. Too bad because it would have given us an opportunity to spend some time with M@ and Phillydude, but once I became aware of the conflict with dear daughter's Friends and Family weekend it was an easy decision to not run and go see dear daughter at her school. Since she's graduating in the spring there's no chance of conflict with her next fall and if for some reason dear son's Friends and Family weekend gets switched to the weekend of the race, we essentially have to drive by his university on our way to Baltimore so there won't be an issue with that.

6. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    Man, I knew that was going to happen. You will be missed...

7. LoneStarChick

LoneStarChick Well-Known Member

No, not anymore. Things got really crazy for me before and during them move, and my running sure took a hit. I'm going to San Antonio this December for a race, and I need to get on the ball for that one! It's been completely paid for, so there's no backing out now!

That sounds like a blast!! I'm jealous. Please post pics!!

I'm really disappointed! However, the move was worth it. There is always next year.

Awesome! Enjoy your time with her!

8. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    With Seltzer around, I don't think there's much of a chance of that NOT happening. :lol:

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

We will. :)

:nod:

10. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Bandit! :spaz: Miss you, buddy - Congratulations on your marriage!

:lol:

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

I know we have PLENTY of time, but I was just curious about when those who are running in Philly in 12 days plan on getting to the expo. Wifey and I will probably get there early afternoon.

AFAIK, Mac, Phil, and Shamie you all have my cell # which has not changed since I gave it to you; if you don't have it let me know and I'll send it via a PM. I believe I have each of yours, but given that some may have changed please let me know if that is the case.

Jaer, I hope you make it to Philly for dinner. I'll send you my contact info.

12. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    I was hoping we could meet up around 3pm and make it an earlier dinner around 4:30pm... but I'm good for whatever everyone else says.

There's a rumour that my wife may join us. :spaz: So with us two and the Seltzers, that's four. I'd like to make the reservation no later than Wednesday of next week, so post up if you are bringing anyone to dinner besides yourself. If we end up with one extra (I'm looking at you Jaer) that shouldn't be a problem...

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Dear son will be joining us.

I hope your wife decides to join the festivities.

14. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Seltzer, my cell phone number is the same.

3:00 for the expo is fine with me. It will just be me for dinner. My wife has other plans on Saturday. She is thinking of coming down to the race on Sunday. If she does she will get there around d 11 to see me finish at noonish.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Check your email/spam folders. Wifey and I received our bib numbers yesterday.

16. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. Mine went to an address I don't use often... found it.

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Looks like the weather has become more favorable. Race time temps in the low 50's with a low chance of rain.

My hotel is less than a mile from the start/finish so if anyone wants to stash stuff there, you can give it to me on Saturday at dinner, and come back after the race to clean up you're more than welcome. The hotel is the Embassy Suites at 1776 Benjamin Franklin Parkway.

We (me, wifey, and dear son) will be staying in Philadelphia Sunday night so if any of you marathon studs want to have a post race celebratory meet up, let me know.

18. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    Good to know... my wife may not be able to make dinner on Saturday after all (Son #2 has a soccer tournament that day) but perhaps we can meet you all for dinner on Sunday night.

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

That would be great.

20. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I am still good for Saturday.

I have a dining club dinner Sunday so I will need to leave after celebrating with all of the JSF runners.