1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

JSF Logo Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Genetix, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Genetix

Genetix Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I'd like to get some input on how the new JSF logo could be improved before it is finalized. Any suggestions on tweaks or color scheming and etcetera are welcomed! Comments and ideas for any of the 5 that are being voted on will help improve it before it becomes a part of the future of John Stone Fitness!

Thanks everyone, I will try to include your ideas, I'm sure you all have some great ones!

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

3. Genetix

Genetix Well-Known Member

I call that one the 'JSF Man' :cool:

I'd like to add that I would be absolutely fine with JSF using more than one of the logo's. The thing I noticed is that some look better on the website, and others look more made for 'print' media. For example #3 would look great on a T-shirt, but when it's shrunken to fit the header of this site, the details of it would be harder to see. #4 would look good on both I think. It's up to the voters though!

4. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

I like No.1 the best. The only tweak that comes to mind is adding the www. and .com
    And that's only because this thread is about looking for tweaks!

5. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I like the ".com" suggestion, and agree. The "www" is not needed. Most people know to type it, and even if they don't I have DNS setup so it will work without it. It looks cleaner without "www".

I really just want a single logo, but I appreciate the offer, Genetix!

6. Carrie35

Carrie35 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the win! :claplow: :claphigh: Yours was actually the series I voted for.
    My only suggestion would be to avoid using the gender specific logo (like nuber three I think), we have quite a good mix of males and females here and I would love to see both represented.

Congrats again! :jumping:

7. SteveO

SteveO Well-Known Member

Great Work Genetix!!

I like #4 also.

And although I always say "Keep it Simple", I would add a little black to it. I like the blue/black/white combination of colors in particular...But that's just me...

8. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Is there a vote on the five remaining?
    I think #1 is too busy, and number 3 is too gender specific. #5 is my favorite of the bunch, but I have a feeling I'm in the minority there. Would the default message board background change to purple instead of the present blue? Do the changes in the logo show a proper contrast with various background colors other than white, or is a white background required?
    If you did have another vote, I think reducing the options to three choices would give you a clearer majority winner.

9. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

The reason why I like #s 4 and 1 is that in addition to it looking like a person holding a weight it is also vague enough to perhaps be a cyclist or someone working with a bo-staff (napolean dynamite :lol: ), so it covers the whole fitness aspect of the community here. And of course that it says JSf in a subtle way.

I hesitate to recommend any actual suggestions, but if there were to be some slight tweaks I think it might be that other interpretations of the drawing in 4 (such as a cyclist or what not) be nurtured a little more. I would not suggest that as a replacement to the current design. But perhaps if these tweaks were made they could be added as a sixth design.

10. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I just showed the logos to a friend and i had to point out the J the S and the F to her in number 4. I cant think how to make them stand out a bit more without changing their shape, perhaps just change the colours a little more. It might be worth it just so that people that dont know what they are looking at see the letters.
    Wilders

11. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Oh I wanted to echo Guava's concern about the design working with the background. Will the winning design be inverted into light colors, so that it will standout against the current background? Or will the site recieve a color change. I think it the winning design would look great in lighter colors on the current background of the site.

Although, I assume these decisions will be made by John, as he designs the colors of the site. And he will need to put the logo on all versions of it, including the classic and other skins.

12. ekomomai

ekomomai Well-Known Member

:o :o :o OMG i never notices that either till you mentioned it, even though i voted for the series i voted mainly for #3, now that i see the JSF in #'s 1 + 4 i wouldnt mind either of 1,3 or 4!

13. chrstne101

chrstne101 Well-Known Member

I agree. The less gender specific the better. :tucool:

14. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Wow, if that was intended... I never saw it either and it certainly makes it cooler, but would be nice if it stood out more.

Anyway, let me give my insight on these logos.

Logos 1 and 4. My only problem with these is was that it reminds me of the current logo -- very cool if you know what it is, but those who don't simply may have no idea.

Logo 3 is cool too, but again, it's not very clear, to be honest, I am not even sure what it's supposed to be exactly. Obviously a man's torso, but I don't understand the pecs part. It looks awkward to me.

Logos 2 and 5. My personal favorite because it's simple, yet creative, and clear. However, I feel the logo, no matter what it is should somewhere say John Stone Fitness or JohnStoneFitness.com, not just JSF. That was my biggest problem with these. And also, I find Logo 2 much nicer than Logo 5. Not a big fan of the JSF as the body.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Regardless, we're ensured an awesome new logo! :tu:

15. johnyboy

johnyboy Well-Known Member

Definitely number 4 for me, also hadn't noticed the letters within it, but really like the fluidity. Also agree on the putting the .com on it.

16. jgmx

jgmx Well-Known Member

I like number 4 the best because it looks like J S F letters.

17. AileanMacRaith

AileanMacRaith Well-Known Member

I liked number 4 the best (out of ALL of the entries). I couldn't vote because although I have been lurking around this site since before this forum was even up, I didn't register to speak on it until recently. But I like that the JSF is so subtle. I didn't even see until pointed out to me but it definitely adds something to the logo and I don't think that it should be made more obvious.

I agree that .com should be added to direct people to the site and let them see the amazing transformation of John and other members of this forum if it were on a t-shirt or something. The only thing I would say is that I don't like the italics so much and would go for a bold font for John's name with "Fitness" in regular (not bold) text. But I'm nitpicking.

Alan

18. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

I also like #4. The J S F will come through fine with color. And speaking of color, I'm not crazy about purple. How about a nice reddish-orange? It would look good against the present blue backgound and also show up well against a white or a black T-Shirt.

I agree with a bold type for JohnStone and non-bold for fitness and the addition of .com. The italics don't bother me. It might look cool to use the lightest and darkest colors from the logo and have the outer edges of the name (Joh...............com) be the dark color and gradient to the lightest color in the middle.

Just my $.02. I think all of the designs were great. :tu:

19. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

It's too subtle, in my opinion. Never noticed it. Now that I see it, the f looks great. The J looks good too, but I don't understand why it's so much bigger than the f. I would suggest that the tails on the head of the figure and the top of the body should taper behind the bar so they can look like an S, instead of like two halves of an S.

20. Sweet_16

Sweet_16 Well-Known Member

Hey, congrats on winning the contest! :tucool:

I like all of the logos, but my favorite would definitely be the first one. The only thing I would continue playing around with on that logo is the black color. I think it loks good, but might give the logo a completely different look if you use a dark or medium-dark shade or grey.

Try it out, hope this helps!