1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

JSF Bracelets - LIVESTRONG Style

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by phillydude, Aug 17, 2006.

1. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    As some of you may know, I will be participating in the upcoming LIVESTRONG Challenge in Philadelphia on September 10th, running in the 10K event. And thanks to the generous support of our own John Stone, I will be offering a wonderful incentive to any JSF forum member who makes a donation of $10.00 or more to the Lance Armstrong Foundation in support of my efforts to raise over $1000 for this worthy cause.

With John's input and approval, I have ordered a batch of LIVESTRONG style bracelets in a Navy Blue color, with a weightlifting logo and the words John Stone Fitness embossed into them (see below for illustrations). To get yours, all you have to do is click on the big yellow LIVESTRONG Challenge logo at the end of this message (or any of my posts). Make a donation of $10.00 or more to the LAF (you can click through from my page to the main LIVESTRONG site if you need more information) and make sure to include your mailing address when you fill out the automated pledge form on the secure site. I will download the addresses from my donation report and start shipping out the bracelets in the middle of next week (as soon as they arrive from the supplier)... and for those of you who have already made a pledge, yours will be the first to go out in the mail. And yes, I will ship internationally if required.

8/21/2006 ADMIN EDIT:Thanks to the generosity of a JSF member who chooses to remain anonymous, those of you who can only donate $5.00 - $9.00 will have your donations automatically rounded to $10.00 (with the difference paid by the anonymous member's "matching fund"), so you will also receive a "John Stone Fitness" LIVESTRONG-style bracelet by mail. This is a very kind and generous gesture. Thank you!

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or in my LIVESTRONG Challenge thread in the Fitness Challenges section of the forums, PM me directly, or e-mail me at PhillyFitTrainer@aol.com. I'd like to thank John Stone for putting his support behind this effort, and I thank you all in advance for your support of my personal LIVESTRONG Challenge through your donations to the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Phil "PhillyDude" Anderson

Pictured below are approximate color of the bracelets (your monitor colors may vary) and the weightlifting "icon" which will be part of the inscription, along with the words John Stone Fitness, on the bracelet. Again, contact me if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

2. henderjr

henderjr Well-Known Member

Cool idea Phil. It gave me the nudge to donate.

3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I've edited the original post with some new information. Many thanks to the anonymous member who came up with the idea and matching fund! :tucool:

4. Omaha

Omaha Well-Known Member

Done and done.

5. woodyzj

woodyzj Well-Known Member

$15.00 credited in your name sir! Awesome thing you're doing....only appropriate to support it 100% :D :gl:

6. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    I got an e-mail this morning that the bracelets have been shipped and they should be arriving at my house today or tomorrow, so they will be in the mail to those who have donated by the end of the week. Thank you to everyone who has contributed already... your support has been overwhelming and I am indeed grateful for the friends I have made here on JSF.

If you haven't donated yet, remember that, thanks to a generous JSFer, the minimum donation to get your official John Stone Fitness bracelet is now only $5.00 (of course, larger donations are also welcome). Please click on the banner at the bottom of this post and remember that 100% of your donation will go directly to the Lance Armstrong Foundation if you want to support my efforts in the LIVESTRONG Challenge.

7. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

:tucool: it's nice to see that you're already halfway to your goal... I hope we can help you raise more than you need ;)

I'll keep my eye out for that bracelet and I'll wear it proudly :guitar:

8. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

Done. Good Luck Phil!

9. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Great thing you're doing here, PD! You got my contribution :tu:

(And I can't wait until I can sport my very own JSF LiveStrong bracelet :evil: :D :nod: )

10. Wamsutta

Wamsutta Well-Known Member

$20 to you, phillydude. Kick some ass out there. :tu:

11. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks to all who have donated. I am wearing one of the JSF bracelets right now... the combination of the navy blue JOHN STONE FITNESS one and the yellow LIVESTRONG is quite striking. I'll try and get a digital pic up here in the next few days.

I'll be mailing out all the bracelets to those who have donated on Saturday morning. You may get an e-mail from me if I can't match up a real name with a screen name (which is just for my personal records and will not be disclosed to anyone).

For those who haven't gotten in on the offer yet, remember the minimum donation has been reduced to $5.00 as a result of a generous JSF member. So click on the big yellow banner below and your bracelet will be on its way this weekend!

12. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

You got my contribution. It would have been sooner but the banner doesnt seem to display in FireFox.........

13. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

An excellent idea. You have my contribution, and my best wishes for an excellent run.

14. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

You all are awesome. Thank you!

15. vancek

vancek Active Member

Just sent in donation good luck :tu:

16. ebatch20

ebatch20 Well-Known Member

Good luck phillydude.. have a great run! ~ can't wait to get my bracelet.

17. Zoetastic

Zoetastic Well-Known Member

:D i cant wait to get my bracelet!
    i think this was an awesome idea! awesome PD!

18. featherz

featherz Well-Known Member

Just did mine! :)

19. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    I mailed out all but four or five of the bracelets Monday at lunchtime. I was waiting for return e-mails from those I couldn't match up to a screen name, but the last of those confirmations came in overnight, so I will be sending those out tomorrow. Thanks to all for your support... there's still time to get your donation in if you haven't done so yet!

20. phillydude

Media:
    Albums:
    Just wanted to drop a quick note to say that I am mailing the second batch of bracelets out today at lunchtime, and I am now all caught up with everyone who has made a donation.

As of this morning, I am only $115 away from my goal of $1000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The race is next weekend, so I hope that a few more people will step up and support the cause. Remember, even a $5.00 donation gets you a John Stone Fitness bracelet.

Click the banner ad below this post to make your donation, or e-mail me directly at PhillyFitTrainer@aol.com if you have any questions.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED THIS EFFORT SO FAR!