1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Journey to Healthiness

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Lootrock, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Lootrock

Lootrock Well-Known Member

Taking care of business. Feels good. Did some ab exercises and trap work yesterday. Full circuit done as well. I was not exactly on top of work right out the gate; got side-tracked. No need to get caught up in that though. Big week this week: I plan to get a decent workout in everyday this week and stay on top of my nutrition - might even jog. I'd like to venture into some new business I've been slowly chipping away at - time to reel in some new clients on all fronts!

2. Lootrock

Proud of myself. Today I powered through a difficult, in many ways, day and came out in the end feeling decent. Meditation and mindfulness is helping tremendously in the department of resilience - specifically in identifying and perceiving ill feelings, emotions, and negativity in general as just that: experiences, and not necessarily a threat.

Today, I completed my circuit; actually went for a jog :eek::claphigh:! Pretty psyched about that. Getting ready to cap the night off with a nice little workout: abs and chest. Goodnight JSFers, I wish you all strength and perseverance!

3. Lootrock

Incredibly productive day. Got a very good workout in as well: abs, tri's, and bi's. Scrumtrulescent is the most apt way to today. Until next time folks, time to hit they hay.

4. Lootrock

...And yet, another day of glory. I broke my rule of blasting through the entire circuit in short segments of several minutes a piece and then looping back afterwards for longer study/pursuit; however, I did finish the circuit...boy oh boy did I finish the circuit. I easily spent at least 30mins-45mins on each one and hours and hours for some. Incredible productivity, incredible rediscovered realizations by way of meditation, and just incredible perseverance: staying on top of things while making extremely minimal decisions in bad faith. Today, I went for a jog in the morning, in addition to some ab exercises. I'd like to start jogging perhaps everyday or at least most days of the week. Same goes for this practice as it does for all my other circuit endeavors: literally running down the block and coming back is tremendously better than having done nothing at all - and if time permits it, go for a longer run, but not overdo it. It is an exercise in breaking down black and white thinking, something which I've had issues with my entire life in some capacity. Part of my inconsistency issues has to do with the idea that either I'm gonna go hard or not that I WON'T do it all, but rather that I CAN'T do it. I just get stuck cognitively. This will be a lifelong practice, breaking down the black and white thinking and I'm very grateful for having had the chance to experience increased mental flexibility. That's all for now folks, keep on keeping on.

5. Lootrock

Still have much work to do on my sleeping habits, but all is well. I intend to get in a decent workout tomorrow after I pick up some much needed groceries. Don't want to workout while under-nourished. Until tomorrow, folks!

6. Lootrock

Whats up folks! So I've been loosely taking measurements as I please when I'm feeling lean, you know, as you do, and today I measured myself and see improvements since last month ;) Sweet! As you'll see, it goes in chronological order with the most recent being at the top. March and the beginning of April are at the peak compared to the rest, but I believe I was working only about half the amount of hours as I do now which greatly affects my sleep schedule along with my dietary and exercise regiment, but I've been reeling it in; not gorging as much when I have a little time off and catching up on rest which became a dangerous trend that probably occurred in April by the looks of the measurements. I look forward to slimming down as now that the weather is nice, I've started walking a decent way home from work which is about 3.5 miles and I usually walk 2 of them. Im going to try to walk walk the other 1.5 miles on my way to work in the morning. We'll see, I don't want to get too ambitious. So, I'm just gonna try to keep up the good decision making which includes going grocery shopping so I don't buy junk around the neighborhood. That's all for now folks. I'll probably take another measurement a month from now. I'm very interested in what that might be. See ya later folks!

7/8/16
    Chest 37
    Stomach 35.25
    Waist 34.25
    Thigh(near glute) 23.25
    Butt 38.25

6/16/16
    Chest 37.25
    Stomach 36.25
    Waist 35
    Thigh(near glute) 24
    Butt 39.5

4/26/16
    Chest 37.25
    Stomach 36.88
    Waist 34.25
    Thigh(near glute) 23.75
    Butt 39

4/6/16
    Chest 36.25
    Stomach 35.5
    Waist 34.125
    Thigh(near glute) 22.75
    Butt 38.25

3/15/16
    Chest 36.5
    Stomach 36.25
    Waist 34
    Thigh(near glute) 23.5

7. Lootrock

Enjoyed another beautiful walk back from work. 2 miles this time though. The last two days have been revitalizing. Let's just keep it going

8. Lootrock

Managed to trudge through a long day with only many more to follow. I capped off my night this evening with a very nice yoga session. I have a dvd called yoga for weight conditioning. I bummed it off my sis or mom probably 10 years ago or so and I still get good mileage out of it. Yoga is also a part of my circuit and tonight I got to have an extended session. Very much needed. Goodnight JSFers! Oh, also my eating habits have been fairly decent so Im pretty happy about that. Anyway, so long folks

9. Lootrock

Been a little while. I had to make a total overhaul of my sleeping patterns so that I could start working out again. I've managed to do that and so I've started exercising again which is nice. Now I all I have to do is hit Walmart and go shopping finally! As ridiculous as it sounds, unless a store is a few blocks away from me then I feel like I'm crossing the Sahara to get to said place. Still, I'm gonna make an effort to do it tomorrow. As for exercise: I got in a satisfactory ab work out and I also worked on my traps, doing about 10 sets of overhead and military presses. Something small to get things started again. Feels nice

macdiver likes this.