1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Journal?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by legacyy, May 13, 2008.

1. legacyy

legacyy Active Member

Good Morning, I see a lot of people mentioning journalling. is this a food and workout journal or more of a diary type thing with that information in it? I would like to set that up but am having trouble working my way around the site. Please assist if you have a moment...

Also I know I might sound silly with this question but what exactly is cutting? That does not sound pleasureable and I am certain it can't be what it sounds like.

gee can you tell I am new....Sorry..:D

2. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

It means reducing bodyfat. Read the stickies and the JSF glossary - you'll see it's not that foreign! :nod:

3. smuhhh

smuhhh Well-Known Member

Hey there. The journals you hear about are basically both food/exercise logs and just diaries to chronical how things are going in day to day life. You can access the journal page by scrolling down the main forums page to the section called "other forums" then click on the journal's link. You creat a journal the same way as creating a thread, just click "new thread". they are a great tool to keep you motivated.

"cutting" refeers to fat loss. in my mind though, cutting is the very tedious act of getting ones self to low body fat percents. like 6%-10%. over all though, it just means to "cut" the fat off of your body.

4. Azure

Azure Active Member

I started a journal on here, but haven't had the time to keep it up.

I do however keep tabs at home, along with notes of how my workout went and what to change if need be.

Personally I think its very important that you keep records of the progress you make.

5. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

Here is another good resource for recording your training

Running Ahead

6. se99paj

se99paj Active Member

I created a blog at www.blogger.com, its really easy to use and you can make it as easy or difficult as you like.

By using other online apps such as Google documents and Slide.com, I've been able to insert my progress and photos in my blog.

Its not perfect, but it definitely does the job.

7. legacyy

legacyy Active Member

Should I be doing that?

"cutting" refeers to fat loss. in my mind though, cutting is the very tedious act of getting ones self to low body fat percents. like 6%-10%. over all though, it just means to "cut" the fat off of your body.[/quote]

8. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

I record every piece of food and every workout. Recording my calories is the only accurate way of me dialing in my 2 pounds a week weight loss, otherwise I would be guessing. So, yes you should really be using something to count your daily food intake. There are lots of web based tools out there to use as others have said. Cutting is simply trying to lose weight or more importantly lose body fat.