1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Titan Photo Journal

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by John Stone, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I'm going to keep updating this thread with photos and my initial impressions of the Titan T1. I want to share the entire "Titan experience" through photos and words. I'll talk about and post photos of me receiving the Titan, unpacking it, assembling it and using it. This thread will not replace my upcoming formal review, but is meant to augment it. It will be very free-form and casual. I hope you enjoy it!

First photo: here comes the Titan!

Attached Files:

2. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

This is Tony. He was really cool. He wants to buy my old power rack. :tu:

Attached Files:

3. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Boring box photos.

Attached Files:

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Last one... more to come, though!

Attached Files:

5. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Holy crap.... in first :)

6. PaulWade

PaulWade Well-Known Member

Must be strong too...1300lbs and he's moving it with a pallet jack by himself. I have a 1000lb safe in my office that takes 2 guys and two pallet jacks to move.

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Tony almost made a John Stone pancake. Here's the story...

He had the pallet on the liftgate and I was standing in front of the pallet on the driveway. He started to lower the liftgate but something caught and the TITAN started to slide off the pallet towards the ground. For some reason I care more about the TITAN than my personal safety (Darwin awards candidate?) and jumped under the TITAN and tried to support it so it would not fall. Somehow it did not fall, and we slowly lowered it to the ground as I held the backend.

Once it was on the ground the rear wheels of the pallet jack were behind the liftgate. Tony said, "Let's lift this bad boy up and over, y0!". I said, "Unless we can deadlift 700 pounds each, that ain't gonna happen - I can't DL 700 pounds." We tried anyway and, of course, the damn thing didn't budge an inch. Tony was like, "damn... this is some heavy sh*t!"

Anyway, Tony managed to get the wheel on the good side of the liftgate with some l33t trucker skillz. After that it was gravy....

He saw my disassembled power rack and started asking questions. I told him $450.00 cash and it's his. He's gonna call me. I like Tony, he's a good guy. Maybe we'll workout together sometime.

8. senimoni

senimoni Well-Known Member

Do you have a pic of what it looks like assembled??

9. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

here

10. oneslackr

oneslackr Well-Known Member

Really it isn't that big of a deal. My Titan was delivered last week by 1 guy also. He was easily able to push it from the road, up my driveway, & into my garage using a pallet jack. It didn't take anytime at all.

11. oneslackr

oneslackr Well-Known Member

Congrats John! Glad your Titan arrived safe & sound. :tu:

Now I know for a fact you're going to get yours put together first, even though I received mine a week ago already. I guess that is fitting. This is your site so you should be the first one to post a review on it.

I found out today that my flooring won't be here until next Monday. Add to that the fact that I'll be out of town on business for 2 days next week. I won't get my floor done or my Titan built until the end of next week at the earliest (that will be 2.5 weeks after I received mine). :mad:

Let us know how it goes putting the beast together.

#11 oneslackr, May 18, 2005
    Last edited: May 19, 2005
  12. CarbonB

CarbonB Well-Known Member

All I have to say is that thing is monstrous!

13. LarryNC

LarryNC Well-Known Member

Too cool! Can't wait for an update on the titan:)

14. JKulp42757

JKulp42757 Well-Known Member

Very cool!

Although I think I'm asleep at the computer this morning.

When I first read today's update, I thought to myself "Cool, John bought a new truck".

15. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wish I had a spare room for that sort of thing. No more dealing with the gym idiots...

Good luck puttin' that sucker together!

-R

16. Jim G.

Jim G. Well-Known Member

Hey man! C'mon! Don't be like that!

17. jgmx

jgmx Well-Known Member

:lol: hehehe

BTW glad to see that its safe now :bow:

18. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I've had an opportunity to unpack everything and get all the parts moved out of my garage and into the weight room. Here are some photos and some notes that I made while unpacking...

First of all, when I removed the outer packaging I was stunned by how much stuff was in the crate! It's no exaggeration when I say that the packing of the Titan is an engineering feat in and of itself. Figuring out how to pack all this stuff must have been like solving a difficult puzzle.

Unpacking the parts was pretty straightforward, but quite a bit of work. The first thing I noticed was how heavy each part is. I'm not kidding: based on my experience with other home gyms, everything weighs 3 times as much as I expected. This thing is built like a damn tank.

I performed the entire operation solo, but it would have really helped to have a strong assistant to help move the two main sections. Simply put, if you can lift and transport these sections in one piece from the garage to your gym by yourself, then you don't need a Titan because you're already a beast. I don't know how much they weigh, but there is no way I could move them by myself, so I disassembled them and moved each part of the two main sections one piece at a time. It was still damn heavy! Your first workout with the Titan will occur before you ever assemble it. ;)

It took me a little over two hours to unpack everything, move it to the gym and remove all the shrink wrap from the parts. I was not rushing, and I was very careful to not damage anything (which seems silly in retrospect: I don't think a bomb could damage this thing.)

All the parts were wrapped in plenty of shrink wrap and protected with foam, strapping, metal and wood. Everything was in perfect shape, with the exception of a couple of very minor scratches on a few of the parts.

Here are two shots of the open crate, and one of the aftermath.

Attached Files:

19. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Here are all the parts laid out and ready to install. I can't believe how many parts there are!

Click here for a big 1600x1200 view of this picture!

Attached Files:

20. GearTripper

GearTripper Well-Known Member

those pictures give me the HOT. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.