1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Transformer2004

Transformer2004 Well-Known Member

"Stanley, see this? This is this. This ain't something else. This is this."

Excellent addition to your forum signature!!! Great quote from one of my all time favorite movies.

I'd give you some compliments on your physique but I think you've gotten plenty! :lol:

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I probably shouldn't have lifted weights yesterday and today with my hernia repair acting funny, but I figured if they have to operate again anyway, WTF not. Lisa yelled at me, but I'm a stubborn sonabish.

I did supersets again today and had an INSANE pump going - my arms are over 17 inches in these pictures (first two, last one is from a year ago).

2 crazy pump pictures from today, followed by a shot of my arm exactly one year ago with a good pump (probably around 15.5 inches).

Attached Files:

3. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Holy crap, that arm looks like an over inflated tire. You're about to burst John. These are supposed to be compliments btw.

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I know, man, it's crazy! Bicep/tricep supersets engorge my arms with blood to almost ridiculous levels. Most of my definition is lost when they get like that, too. I can't even take my shirt off when my arms are that pumped up. But my goodness, I do love the feeling. " It's as satisfying to me as cu..."

Oh, never mind. :p

5. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Your triceps look freaking phenominal in those latest pictures John. The 2nd one looks very impressive, an almost relaxed pose but the back of the arm looks really thick and massive.

I wonder when we'll see you standing on stage next to Skip doing a posedown.... :D

6. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:lol:

I will never get bored with this quote!

7. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

Hey John,

You must be using Synthol to have arms like that, no one can get arms that pumped natually... ;)

Kidding of course, SGX Program seems to suit you down to the ground. Top stuff.

8. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

Your arms are growing better than mine!!!!!!!

WTF!?!?!?!?? :d_mad:

:D

Nice work!

~SC~

9. Timbermiko

Timbermiko Well-Known Member

10. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Pic 2 is competitive level guns.

11. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Had to search to find that one.

Oh arnold, the govenah.

12. harry.michaels

harry.michaels Well-Known Member

BLIMEY, John, your arms are looking like rather large. Soon you'll be ripping t-shirts due to your bicep's nervous twitch whenever a woman falls asleep on your shoulder in the back of a car, kind of like Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1988's hit comedy "Twins". That's a good thing, by the way. If your arm is a tree trunk, mine is a mere toothpick. If you are a man, I am a mere BOY.

13. pmh

pmh Well-Known Member

Looking good John, the added size looks good on you, I rather prefered your pics from the 1/2/2005, a thicker look. It will be interesting to see you bulk, I would guess in 12 months from now, as long as you don't go cutting crazy inbetween, you will have a pumped 18 1/2" arm.

How many calories are you eating a day during this cutting phase John?

BTW, I hope the hernia problem resolves itself in a positive way, someone as dedicated as you doesn't deserve a forced break for surgery.

14. AileanMacRaith

AileanMacRaith Well-Known Member

Curry is satisfying, to be fair . . .

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

1FastGTX,
    I wish they looked that big all the time! In those pictures they are over 1.25 inches bigger than they are cold. My ultimate goal for my arms is to get them to around 17.5 inches cold and totally cut. So a little bigger than they are in those pictures, with a lot more definition is what I'm shooting for. Of course the rest of my body needs a lot of work - my back, lats, traps need the most work. My delts, chest and biceps also need a lot of work. My biceps are genetically "long" but I'm doing what I can to increase the peak as much as possible.

Reno_1ted,
    Damn my Synthol secret is out!? :mad: Greg Valentino assured me that Synthol was the ticket. I feel so betrayed...

SwoleCat,
    Har har. Of course with 20+ inch guns, I imagine putting on size IS difficult for you at this point - especially since you are cutting. My body is definitely responding to the SGX diet. Thanks for everything so far!

Timbermiko,
    Thanks very much! Now if I could get them that thick cold... :D

Nico,
    Your comment took me by surprise. Thank you! As a 100% natural athlete, I take a lot of pride in the mass I've gained - it's hard-earned, and I've overcome a lot to get to where I am today. I'm by no means done, but looking back at my pictures from July 2003 (and January 2003) makes me feel good about what I've accomplished so far.

gravityhomer,
    What?! You had to search for that quote? Ok, everyone who's reading this thread and doesn't own "Pumping Iron" on DVD needs to put down the mouse, go to Best Buy or something and GET IT! :cool:

harry.michaels,
    Yeah, speaking of DVD and Arnold, why hasn't "Twins" been released on DVD in R1 in Widescreen? I really want to buy it, but I won't until it's released in its proper aspect ratio.

Thanks for the compliment!

pmh,
    Thanks. I like the extra muscle, but I don't like the extra fat I was carrying in January 2005. I felt really uncomfortable. I also don't really like that "thick" look. I much prefer to be ripped (but with more muscle, of course!) To each their own, right? :)

Right now my calorie intake on weight training days is around 2,400+/-. Cardio only days, around 2,000+/-.

16. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I had to go eat as soon as I made that last post, but I wanted to post an update on the hernia "situation" tonight. I'll mention it tomorrow on the main site, but figured I'd share the good news right away.

The doctor pushed and prodded and said he felt no sign of any serious problems. He said I probably just strained the same area as the hernia repair, and he didn't see any need to take it any further. He prescribed an anti-inflammatory ("Feldene", AKA piroxicam) and told me I could continue to lift weights with no interruption! The Feldene should also help with my shoulders, both of which are always hurting to some degree.

We actually discussed my shoulders quite a bit today. He said we could move forward (meaning surgery) whenever I am ready. I told him the pain is quite tolerable right now, more of an annoyance and nothing like the pain I experienced when I injured my right shoulder a couple years ago. So, as long as I can lift and the pain is tolerable, I will avoid the surgery. He was fine with that.

When my doctor first entered the examination room he mentioned my 25+ pound weight gain (I last saw him in April 2004 at about 165 pounds). I told him to put away his BMI calculator and lifted up my shirt. He laughed and didn't say another word about it. :lol:

17. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

That is great news John! I hate going to the doctor and medical problems, glad to hear that no more surgery is needed for the hernia.

That is especially hilarious that he was concerned about your weight gain, until he saw the bod...way to go! :tu:

18. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I've had one surgery in my whole life.

No, it's not that simple and it's not a "sore shoulder". I have chronic tendinitis with impingement syndrome in both shoulders. The problem was initially caused by many years of competitive swimming when I was younger, and it re-surfaced and became worse when I began to lift weights. I've been through the ringer: everything from sports doctors, orthopedic doctors, x-rays, MRIs, cortisone shots, anti-inflammatory drugs, ultrasound and physical therapy. This is well-documented in this thread (I even have pictures of my MRIs up), and also in my daily news updates on the main site starting late 2003. All the doctors agree that to permanently fix the problem, surgery will be required to remove the scar tissue and so forth.

19. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, but man.... I've had enoug surgeries at this point to know that while it slows you down, it tends to be a 100% fix for me. I'd jump on the OR table in a heartbeat just to remove the limitation the shoulder now presents. I've got to start pursuing a second opinion. I'm tired of being limited and I figure I may as well have the shoulder fixed while I'm younger and heal faster/better. Why wait until I'm older? The pain I have is tolerable... as long as I don't make certain movements.

Surgery No. 4 for me, if I can get Jewett Ortho to go in after the problem. My surgeon/doctor operated on Grant Hill's foot/ankle ... which since Grant was sidelined for three years kinda doesn't inspire my confidence. I'd gladly forego surgery if I thought it would heal on its own... I just don't see it happening unless I were to live on prednisone for the rest of my days (it's the only anti-inflam that takes away the pain).

Glad to see the hernia repair isn't failing.

-R

20. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

Hey John, great news!!! Congrats!!! I'm always happy to hear that medical problems are solved! :claplow:

Greetings from Bulgaria, everyone!
    I'm gonna go and update my picture gallery now.

(If you knew what my diet looked like you'd ban me from the forum!)