1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks Kev. I'm feeling great! :)

Hah, quite the opposite. I would ask her to leave if she did anything even remotely resembling a duckface. :nod:

2. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Another killer training session, felt great, destroyed a few more personal records. Vascularity is becoming quite pronounced now that I'm below 6% body fat.

vascularity_IMG_7741-Edit.jpg

3. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

2012 cut is over: 171.6 pounds @ 5.7% body fat. Details in today's blog.

Final workout of my 2012 cut: 5.7% body fat (no pump). My forearms look as big as my upper arms in this shot!
    back and biceps_IMG_7750-Edit-2.jpg

4. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

Hey John, congrats. Your forearms look absolutely insane in all of the arm shots.

Two questions:[well three]

Which camera do you have?
    Which lens do you use for your close ups of animals and objects in your garden?
    Will your cheat meal be pizza and red wine?

5. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Great picture, John. Congratulations on your successful cut. Your work ethic is something to take example of.

6. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I use a Canon 60D and a couple different lenses. You can check out the information in the first post of my photography journal if you want.

Nah. Believe it or not I'm not really craving a cheat meal. Tonight for dinner I'm having salmon, brown rice and steamed broccoli. :lol:

Thanks guys, feeling amazing!

7. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Congrats on all your recent successes, John. You walk the talk, man. And perfectly represent your web site! :claplow:

8. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thank you very much, Aram.

Also, I'd like to mention somethig. Even though I did my own diet and training program for this cut, so many things I do now (in the kitchen and in the gym) are techniques I learned while working under your guidance. I owe you a huge debt of gratitude for that.

To anyone who is thinking about working with Mastover: not only will you reach your immediate goals (so long as you put in the work, of course), the knowledge you gain will never leave you.

9. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, John. Honestly..
    However I am certain that you would've been this successful even if you went at it solo. Your dedication and determination to reach the top are at levels very few people have the capacity for.

10. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

This is one complete loop of the main trail + all blue options at the Mt. Dora Mountain Bike Trails. No edits, no cuts. The first couple of minutes are not too eventful, but there's some pretty fast and cool stuff after that.

GoPro video tends to flatten out the trails, but you can tell when I'm climbing because I'm on the saddle and my legs are in frame.

11. music88

music88 Active Member

Photos look great John! i LOVE the one you have used as a profile photo, would be great as a print.

Your body is insane as well, you are such a fantastic inspiration.
    Thank you for this site

12. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like the JSF web sites, thanks for being a part of them! :)

13. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Just one question.....why is the clock running backwards in your "arm" pic?

;)

Congrats on the cut !!

14. daciz2

daciz2 Well-Known Member

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

For the past few weeks I've been considering doing a new bulk. I'm mostly a TT (Time Trial) cyclist now, and so my weight is not nearly important as my power. I think it might be fun to not only bulk, but to do it on a vegetarian diet. Besides, I really miss hitting the weights hard. Doing it as a vegetarian might be really interesting.

#7195 John Stone, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  16. rumbletum

rumbletum Well-Known Member

As someone who is a fairly new veggie would love to see you do this.

Also any chance you could do a post on how you fit weights into your current routine? I know you've said you only do them about once a week now, but as someone who predominantly trains cardio (I'm a runner (or try to be)), I'm always intrigued how you balance your weight training training with the large amounts of time you spend in the saddle.

17. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I'm still undecided, but the idea has been rattling around in my brain for a few weeks now. Usually when I don't dismiss idea after this length of time, it sticks. We'll see.

I know some cyclists (and runners) who lift regularly, and some who never do. There are super strong cyclists (and runners) in both groups.

Personally I have never noticed any positive benefit from weight training as it relates to cycling. In fact, I have a tough time putting down the power I'm capable of the first couple of days after a weight training workout. Because of this, I've literally gone a month without weight training whenever I'm riding a ton.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I suck at that balance. I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm probably the last person qualified to give advice in that area. :lol:

18. rumbletum

Haha, glad its not just me who can't seem to balance it :-)

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Word of caution. At the bottom left of rumbletum's post directly upthread from this is a blue rectangle with a red X. I clicked on it and it took me to one those scam message screens that locks the internet and tells you that unless you call a certain number your computer will not work. Regardless of what it said the consequences of shutting down my computer would be I did so and everything is working fine.

20. rumbletum

I'm not sure what happened there, the signature was a link to my old '**************' profile (a website that is long dead I guess), have now deleted my signature, apologies for any hassle caused.