1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

Funny you mentioned Rocky in your update today. Yesterday Sly Stallone got elected into the Boxing Hall of Fame. Maybe a bit odd for an actor to be elected into a sports hall of fame, but the story behind the making of that great film and its impact on the boxing world (and beyond) cannot be understated.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Video footage from yesterday's awesome ride at Soldiers Creek.

This video is different from all my others because I'm chasing a couple of other riders (Phil and James, who I met Saturday at the trails). Also, in this video I've got some footage of an entirely new section of the trail that has lots of skinnies, narrow ladder bridges, a gap jump and few other goodies. There are a couple other tricky areas that I nailed for the first time yesterday, as well as the big log ride.

3. jeremy155rr

jeremy155rr Well-Known Member

what up John!?! Glad to see you've gotten into mountain biking while i've been away (for quite some time), was wondering what you were riding there, saw a trek ht a few pages back but seemed to have noticed a santa cruz logo in some of the more recent pics. Now you just need to get a road bike (unless you already have one)!

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Yeah, I got bit hard by the mtb bug. :spaz:

I'm still riding my trusty Trek 4300 Disc HT. I would love to get a full squish at some point (Fuel EX9 or maybe a Spec), but it's not in the budget right now.

I've lost all interest in road biking. :)

5. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

In honor of my 8-year anniversary (January 6, 2003 - January 6, 2011) I decided to re-mix my original transformation daily pictures.

6. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

John, how are you getting on with not drinking? Did you have a drink over the holidays at all? Just wondered if you are still T-Total.

One of my goals while I try and cut down start of this year is to nip the drinking in the bud, and at the very least curtail it a bit to allow my progress, and wondered how you are finding it. Normally during the week I look forward to a night out and drinks at the weekend, without that, it feels weird, no where near as extreme as when I quit smoking, not least because the physical craving isnt there, and I am not quitting drink, just putting a temp freeze on it. But its still weird, kind of like "How will I have a weekend without it" feeling. Perhaps like when you quit Pot?

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

There were certainly times over the past six months when I wanted to drink, but after the first couple weeks of 100% abstinence the cravings became fewer and farther between - and far easier to deal with.

I did have some beer and wine (no more hard liquor for me, ever) over my holiday vacation, but a very moderate amount. I won't be consuming any alcohol while I'm cutting, and getting back to that after my holiday was over was surprisingly easy.

When I'm training hard (especially cutting or bulking) the desire to drink is almost non-existent; I'm so focused on my goals that anything that I perceive as counter-productive is not an option.

My advice to anyone who is trying to lose body fat or gain muscle would be to abstain from alcohol while doing so.

8. jeremy155rr

jeremy155rr Well-Known Member

Shelled out for a couple new rides today, they had to order them because i'm a midget:D
    2011 Trek/GF Paragon
    [​IMG]
    and a 2011 Trek 2.1
    [​IMG]

9. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Congratulations! Sweet rides!

10. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I guess it's time to start posting some 2011 pictures! :nod:

About 13% body fat here. Making good progress, but it's still a long way to rippedville. Strength is way up, however.

jan-28-2011-curls.jpg

jan-28-2011-curls-2.jpg

11. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

A couple similar (but slightly different angles) triceps photos from today. Not sure which one I like better.

feb-2-2011-tricep.jpg

feb-2-2011-tricep2.jpg

12. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

February 9, 2011 - Mountain bike fuel. About 12% BF here. Cuts should really start showing around 7-8% BF.

february-9-2011-quads2.jpg

13. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

February 16, 2011 - About 12% BF here (cutting to 7%)

february-16-2011---front.jpg

february-16-2011--tri.jpg

14. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Your arms look very nice!!! :nod:

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thanks, Kree. :)

16. Reno_1ted

You look pretty cut for 12%. Assume still some mid section blurring that accounts for that figure? Pretty cut up front upper body there mate !

I actually think you look proportionally very good. Your neck and traps stand out a lot more then previous bulks and cuts, perhaps because the rest is slightly smaller (though TBH I dont see this lose of muscle size, though I am sure as you say there has been some from your biggest). They look the best they have I think, have they been bought up a bit?

The way it is these days, people want to look more like a functional athlete then a big dude anyway (compared to say 5 years ago). Thats how it seems anyway. A lot of people want to look like George St Piere.

Looking forward to seeing you at 7%, is this is what 12% looks like. Any chance we might have some midsection shots this cut?

17. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Yeah, my arms don't store much fat on them so they tend to start cutting up first. My arm vascularity is pretty poor right now, however. By the time I hit my goal there will be a big difference in that area.

Not really, my traps still suck. :lol:

My "lagging" traps are no longer a concern to me. While of course I want to have a body I'm comfortable with, bodybuilding for the sake of bodybuilding is not something I'm interested in any more.

I'm full of surprises.

18. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Well, you asked for it. :o

I took this picture this morning after breakfast. I'm somewhere between 11% and 12% body fat right now. Lower abs and love handles are a mess, I know. I'll get them dialed in over the next couple months.

abs.jpg

19. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

You're a freak, John!!!:bow:

20. Reno_1ted

Awesome. Lower pecs are pretty cut as well. To my eye u look much lower then 12%, but I know how ur pretty good at readings these days. :)

I put myself at 12% ish till I saw these pics.

Great effort john. I've been renewed in my efforts this year as well and ur tips have been a great help. I am doing 10x10 and used ur teqnique for squats on all my lifts that require 10 sets of 10, 'just do 5' then 'half way, 2 more sets' then 'last 3' then 'ur gonna quit with only one to go?!' :lol: helps me get through em !

Keep up the great work, look forward to u hitting ur goal.