1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Amazing work on your landscaping John!

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Another great body comp transformation! Congrats on 17 weeks of success!
    WTG JOHN! :tu:

3. sodomojo

sodomojo Active Member

Good job John. I never doubted that you'd be able to accomplish it. Concerning the before and after, I know you don't want to do them, but for regular old people like me, starting out around 15%, wanting to get down to single digits its kinda nice to see, of course you have more lean mass that i do, but nonetheless. Have a nice couple days, I'm sure your stomach will be doing flips. Take plenty of pepto or something, I know when I cheat after eating perfect for a long time I spend a lot of time on the toilet. :)

4. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

John Stone not doing any more progress before/after pics? May 2, 2010... a sad, sad day for the internet. :cry:

5. FitFlyer

FitFlyer Active Member

No More Pics??

John, Long time Lurker (years, on a daily basis) first post ever! Dude, I have to say, I think yor decision to cut back on posting progress pics is a mistake. The pics were the draw for me to your site. The incredible photo documentation of your amazing transformation, awed and inspired me. I'm quite sure this is true for a large percentage of your members as well.

Ultimately it's your site and you can do what you want but please seriously consider the potential loss of interest that could occur.

I love the daily blog updates, and am looking forward to using the new Bodyshop features (haven't had time yet to truly input my data). However, got to see what you currently look like at 179 lbs!

Stay safe, Fitflyer

6. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks, Mastover and sodo.

Guys, I've been putting myself out there for more than 7 years now. You may be surprised by this, but I'm a very private person by nature. I've never been comfortable with hundreds of pictures of me in my underwear floating around the Internet. I also never intended for any of this to happen, but when I saw that others were inspired by my progress and that, miraculously, I was actually helping people improve their lives, I decided to continue posting the pictures. After all these years of being scrutinized, criticized, judged, made fun of and bashed I can't do it any more. None of this has ever been easy for me to do, and the only surprising thing is that it's taken this long to say "enough".

I've never asked any of you for anything. I just do what I do and talk about my fitness life (mostly) in great detail and with total honestly. I still love updating the site every day, I still have a passion for health and fitness, I still log my stats and meals and I still post pictures. So after all these years of (apparently) inspiring and providing many of you with inspiration and motivation, I was really hoping for a little more understanding with regards to this personal choice I've made.

That said, I appreciate that some of you feel so strongly about my decision. Sorry if I've let you down. I've got many, many years of fitness adventures ahead. You're all welcome to join me if you still want to.

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Me and Lisa, a few minutes ago...

Attached Files:

8. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

kinda drunks :D

Attached Files:

9. Beast

Beast Active Member

Good job on your cut !
    :nod:

10. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

Adorable! That's, easily, one of the best pictures you've ever posted. That's inspiring in a way that's different from the progress pictures. That's joy. And that, I think, is the ultimate and ideal result of turning your life around. Thank you for sharing it. :dreamy:

11. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thanks! :)

I totally agree. Thank you very much. Tonight has been so much fun, and your post made it even better. Thank YOU. :)

12. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Gracias!

13. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

I guess I don't really understand why people object to you not posting pictures -- particularly because, if you click on the pictures link, there are a gazillion pictures documenting your many bulks and cuts. If people want to see what can be accomplished, all they have to do is click that link. I'm not entirely sure what new pictures would show that your old pictures haven't.

In any case, I hope you enjoyed your cheat meal(s)! :tucool:

14. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

It's your site, John. Hopefully most of the folks that come here will understand that your life is yours to live how you see fit. It's nice to see progress pics to show that it can be done, but if the folks on the boards haven't seen enough photo/video proof from you to show that it can, they haven't been paying attention.

Thank you for all that you have provided. I will continue to come here for what I always have, advice and motivation. The only pics I need to see to keep me on track are those of me.

Thanks again. Keep up the phenomenal work!

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Joe, thanks. The cheat meals were insanely good! :nod:

Thank you very much. :)

16. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Today I had an incredible pulled pork BBQ lunch with fries, beans and garlic bread. I washed it down with a couple awesome Guinness extra stouts. Most of you know how much I've been craving BBQ over the past 17 weeks, and so this was one incredible meal. :drool:

Now it's vodka and pokar teim :nod:

17. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

A few new garden photos from today. The weather was perfect!

Wide shot of the house.
    2010-05-16-wide.jpg

Corner bed. The roses are putting on a show!
    2010-05-16-corner-bed.jpg

The lawn is almost fully recovered from a brutal winter. Finally.
    2010-05-16-front-lawn.jpg

Front bed close to the house. The Agapanthus ("Blue Lily of the Nile") are about to explode! A couple are already starting to bloom, and in a week or two there will be dozens.
    2010-05-16-front-beds.jpg

The Dwarf Mexican Petunias under the topiary are now blooming, but in a couple more weeks there will be 3 or 4 times the number you see here.
    2010-05-16-topiary.jpg

The Sago is doing really well. No signs of scale yet, but that's something that I have to keep a careful eye on.
    2010-05-16-sago.jpg

North bed. The Golden Globe Durantas are making a nice comeback. Just out of frame behind the Golden Globes is a Hibiscus that's doing well.
    2010-05-16-north-bed.jpg

From the back of the lot. The Canary Island Date Palms are looking good and will probably grow another 2 feet before next fall. The Bougainvilleas flanking the Pindo palm are in full bloom, and soon the 2 Crape Myrtles will be blooming as well.
    2010-05-16-north-long.jpg

18. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

That landscaping is crazy John, you must put in a lot of work out there!

Does the sky really look like that, or is that the photo making it so blue? :)

19. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

Great pictures!

How does it work over there in terms of the land you own? Do you own the land right up to the kerb? If someone walks past your house are they on your land?

Also you have probably answered this before but is there any plans for your back garden? Is this something on hold financially at the moment? I would have thought being such a keen gardener and someone who likes a project, you would have been dying to get the back sorted and plan it all out and start digging! (though I know you have said you suck at DIY :lol: ). It isnt an "Instant" option, but as you are enjoying being outdoors so much (who wouldnt in Florida :mad: ), is it something you have considered as a DIY project?

From a UK point of view your house just has that absolute classic amercian home image, I love it ! Its beautiful and you must be very proud.

20. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

It does take a lot of work, but it's work I really enjoy doing.

The skies are often incredibly blue, but I use a simple technique in Photoshop that makes outdoor photos really pop:

Layer -> Duplicate Layer
    Image -> Adjustments -> Invert
    Image -> Adjustments -> Desaturate
    Filter - > Blur -> Guassian Blur -> 64 (up to around 128 can be cool, too--experiment)
    Right Click on layer 2 -> Blending Options -> Blend Mode -> Overlay or Soft Light usually works best

I believe the sidewalk and treelawn are both considered public right of way.

Big plans for the back yard, however we don't want to do anything until we have a pool put in. Once the pool is in the idea is to create a very lush, tropical forest sort of feel both around the pool and in the yard. It's going to be incredible, but a pool is not in the budget now.