1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

Gardens coming along?

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Hi John,

With my work load I've gotten behind on reading your daily updates, but I just want to congratulate you on your recent cutting results! Today I begin my own cutting diet and can only hope that I can attain results half way as successful as yours! I'm glad to have read your update, now I am motivated! :)

3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Thanks! :o

Ha, you'll probably be at 3% body fat before I hit 8%. :lol:

4. Durchii

Durchii Active Member

Hey John, how have you been enjoying the Trek 4300 since getting it last year? I'm probably going to be investing in a 3900 Disc tomorrow, as my budget is somewhere under $500, and everything looks promising thus far.

Of course, being in Colorado, trail riding is only possible so many months out of the year. Should still be fun.

:D

5. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I love it, and Lisa loves hers. We've taken our 4300s on everything from ~40-mile paved rides to rough dirt trails and the bikes perform very well in both environments. I even wrecked mine pretty hard out on the dirt trails and, apart from straightening the handlebars and replacing the bent saddle, it was just fine.

I am really glad I went with a straight-up hardtail mountain bike instead of a hybrid.

I have only two complaint about the 4300:

- The stock saddle is pretty uncomfortable. We replaced both of ours not long after we got the bikes.

- Occasionally after a hard landing or a high bunny hop the chain will come off. This has happened to me about 4 or 5 times, but has never happened to Lisa. The stock rear derailer may need to be swapped out for a better one if this becomes an issue for you.

6. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

A few new pictures. About 10% body fat here...

Tricep/forearm/Loki:
    20100331_tricep.jpg

Vascularity returning:
    20100331_vascularity.jpg

Smashed the crap out of my finger between dumbbells by trying to lay them down at failure instead of dropping them. The finger instantly swelled to about twice it's normal size. Thankfully it's not broken, but rope pressdowns after this happened were not too fun.
    20100331_finger_smash.jpg

7. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Hey John, nice pics. Your triceps remind me of Kevin Levrone's, only with more thickness. :nod:

I don't know, man.... maybe you better get that bad boy X-rayed. :confused:

8. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Nah, I can confirm that it's definitely not broken. There's just some blood under the skin now, and some mild-ish stiffness. I lucked out!

9. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Damn dude those are some full tri muscle bellies. :tucool:

10. zero to hero

zero to hero Active Member

Ouch I kept expecting this to be some sort of April fool joke but clearly not hope you mend quickly :)

11. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

After 3 months with no cheat meals and a lot of hard work in the gym, it's pretty rewarding to see my cuts starting to return.

Killed it today in the gym. :spaz:

20100402_bicep.jpg

12. GuitarNWeights

GuitarNWeights Active Member

Starting to look really cut! It's exciting when seeing new veins that haven't been seen in a while. haha. I would say that's the first moment you realize that all this calorie deficit and hard work is worth it. :)

13. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Abs definitely need another month or so in the oven. :nod:

I'm also dealing with some extra loose skin this year. I love getting old. :blank:

2010.04.07_upperbody.jpg

14. HalfGorilla

HalfGorilla Active Member

Just stretch your skin out with more muscle :)

15. 3x_umar

3x_umar Active Member

Where can i find John's current cutting-routine diet?

16. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

My complete cutting diet is tracked daily on BodyShop. You just need to log in using your forum username/password.

17. 3x_umar

3x_umar Active Member

thats awesome.. :), i thought i need to be a paid member in order to use bodyshop...

18. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

We spread 6 yards of mulch this morning, and it only took us 2 hours!
    six-yards.jpg

This past winter was quite literally the coldest winter on record for Orlando (breaking the record set all the way back in 1954). The grass and plants were hit hard, but are making a nice comeback.

April 10, 2010. North side of house. This photo was taken right after mulching. The cold winter really took its toll on things, but everything is starting to come back nicely. The golden globe Durantas and Firecracker plants are starting to come back, and the queen palms will soon be growing new fronds to replace those that were damaged during the harsh winter. The grass was totally brown a couple weeks ago, and is starting to make a nice recovery. The Azaleas against the house never disappoint!
    2010.04.10-north-side-back.jpg

April 10, 2010. North side of house and part of the West side of the house. This photo was taken right after mulching. The sago survived the harsh winter with no burnt fronds because I was very careful to keep it covered on nights when the temperature dipped below freezing.The Canary Island date palms that line the North side of the home are very cold tolerant and are doing quite well. The Indian Hawthorne and Loropetalum are doing great, and starting to bloom now. Despite being covered during cold nights, the Robellini palm against the small section of fence facing the front of the home was once again badly hurt by the cold and lost all its fronds. Only one trunk of the three survived. I'm going to replace it.
    2010.04.10-north-side.jpg

April 10, 2010. North and West side of house. This photo was taken right after mulching. The Pindo palms (one of which is in the foreground) also do very well in the cold, and were unphased by the extra cold winter. In the front bed and also in the beds surrounding the house we just planted a bunch of Dwarf Nandina, Daisies and Dahlia. The roses in the front bed will soon be covered with literally hundreds of blooms. The Magnolia in the eye-shaped bed will also be blooming very soon. The grass is finally starting to come back, and I should have my thick, dark green lawn again about a month from now. I'll take more pictures in early May.
    2010.04.10-north-side-wide.jpg

19. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

My size 29 jeans fit comfortably again. :spaz:

2010.04.14-size-29-jeans.jpg

20. stallion16

stallion16 Well-Known Member

Hey John, just wondering, how do your legs fit in size 29 jeans? Whenever I try on Jeans that are below size 32....its so tight around my thighs, I can't stand it. I actually have a size 34 pair that I wear, even though its way to big around the waist. I just like having breathing room around my thighs.