1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

John Stone's Picture Gallery and Video Archive

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by John Stone, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

It disturbs me that people have been misled and miseducated for so long that they've been brainwashed to truly believe bodies like this aren't possible naturally; without drugs, photoshop, or whatever else.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Well, that's what we're here to change! :tucool:

3. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Nice video, John. :tucool:

That flash of the inverted picture of you is bad-ass. It made me think of some kind of massive, bad-ass sword toting martial art assassin. :D

A little cheesy, yes, and some more poses would probably be better than 3-4 clips of the same strange looking (in full view) avatar pose. :nod:

4. Ectomorphic

I was reminded of He-Man during the video.

5. stallion16

stallion16 Well-Known Member

the music is what actually makes the video kind of cheesy...the pics and video are bad ass. You remind me of Hugh Jackman in the upcoming Wolverine movie (especially with the beard).

Attached Files:

6. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Just you wait: I think the "speed skate" pose is going to be a compulsory at future BB competitions. :nod:

:o

I started off making the video with the purpose of duplicating (on video) the pose I used for my avatar to prove it wasn't photoshopped. Then while I was editing the footage I decided to make the little "back from the dead" video. Yeah, as you saw, it didn't come out too great. This morning I deleted the video, and re-edited it. This new version is probably still cheesy, but hopefully not quite as bad as the old one. I added some stuff and took some stuff out. It's uploading to youtube now. I'll post it shortly...

:spaz:

:dance:

:o

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

OK, here's the revised video.

...and for the dude who thinks my avatar is photoshopped, pause the video at :51 and compare.

8. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

John, sweet vids man!

I was looking through your food logs and info page just now...I was wondering if you season your sweet potato with anything?

9. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Gracias!

Nope, I take them out of the toaster oven and dive right in. :eat:

10. Big_D

Big_D Active Member

The music is kind of eerie. Good video though :tucool:

11. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thanks, Dave. :)

Actually I like the music; I think it fits the "back from the dead" theme pretty well. :nod:

12. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

Wow, that's hardcore man. :tu: I have a tough time stomaching plain sweet potatoes. Red or white potatoes I do fine with, but something about the blandness of a sweet potato gets me.

13. Budoka

Budoka Well-Known Member

Cool vid JS and I like the music, what is it?

I like the old JS to ripped JS comparison especially, that always motivates me.

14. Bt443407

Bt443407 Active Member

I was also wondering this. Its by a Finnish death metal band called Mors Principium Est

15. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

:nod: - very good!

I think "Mors Principium Est" in English is "Death is the beginning".

The name of the tune is "The Glass Womb".

16. vanDutton

vanDutton Active Member

John,

One thing I've often wondered just out of sheer curiousity is what you did to prepare for the first day of your transformation back in '03? Such as the day before - what did you eat? Did you do any physical activity that day? Or did you just wake up on the 6th ready to go?

Edit: One more: Was that the first time you had attempted such a physical change in your life?

#6116 vanDutton, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  17. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I did some pre-planning in the sense that I had a clearly defined goal (to sport a six-pack for the first time in my life :)). At the time I thought I knew the correct way to lose fat, but in reality was I was doing everything wrong. The first couple of weeks I was only eating two meals per day, and I was eating bad foods like Ramen noodles. After I started my transformation I continued to educate myself; I learned a lot those first few weeks. About three weeks into my transformation I started eating six meals per day, and somewhat better foods, including seafood. I think it was March or April of 2003 that I began eating meat again (I'd been a vegetarian for almost 10 years prior to that).

As for what I did the day before my transformation, it was a completely normal Sunday (for back then): I smoked weed all day, got pretty drunk at night and pigged out for dinner after not eating all day. :blank:

On that scale? Definitely. I'd lost and gained weight before then, but we're talking 10 or 15 pounds.

18. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I was just upstairs with the dogs, and they wanted to look out the window (they like the view from up there). When I opened the blinds I was greeted by the most spectacular sunset I've seen in months. :dreamy:

01042009_sunse_wide.jpg

19. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Cool video. looks like the bulk has been good. every time I come back here, this site never fails to inspire. Here's to an awesome '09.

20. Ectomorphic

So you've gained 15 pounds of meat and only 5 pounds of fat. Compared to the 2006 bulk, which was a gain of anywhere from 18.5 - 26.6 pounds of fat and 7 - 15.1 pounds of lean, depending on whether you use 9% or 13% as a starting point (since your fat measurements back then were off, if I remember right). Either way, that's a pretty big improvement to go from gaining 55-80% fat to only gaining 25%. You've only gained 1¼ on the waist this time around, instead of in 2006. And only 1.5% fat! This looks like the most successful bulk you've ever done! :bow:

You've clearly figured something out since then. :nod: I wish the food logs for that bulk weren't sealed for confidentiality. I'd love to compare them to your 2008 bulk logs.

I'm such a nerd for bulking lean:fat ratios. I obsess over them.